Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

computer parts posted:

"Someone more dark, why are they using a Latin American actor if he doesn't even look properly Latin".

lol Good job tumblr on colorism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

So HBO is rapidly running out of books, is GRRM going to actually have to write the last two in a timely manner for contractural reasons?

I heard the showrunners had a meeting with GRRM about the last two books before the end of last season to continue just in case the pace of the show outpaces the books.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Who cares?

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The only thing GRRM is setting up is an IV from Golden Corral's Chocolate Wonderfall.

There's no Golden Corral in Santa Fe.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
The guy playing Oberyn looks like Diego Luna with his facial hair.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
I mean like "I don't want him to learn from Loras (to be gay, also to come under a Tyrell's sway)" is really kind of clear from both excerpts. Why on earth wouldn't Cersei hate Loras for being gay AND a Tyrell? Do we need to protect Cersei's progressive credentials here?

Homophobia obviously has a contemporary, non fantasy fiction reality to it. But why wouldn't Cersei use Loras' homosexuality to defame and politically push away from a position where a Tyrell has ostensible control over her son?

Mexcillent fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 9, 2014

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

bathroom sounds posted:

Probably somewhere on the Croatian coast. Reminded me a lot of Greece.

I think it's more likely Morocco as they do all their shooting for that part of the story there. And the Mediterranian coast would look like Greece.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

meristem posted:

Aegon's invasion could be a good start to Season 6, especially if it also ends with Dany's.

Would it make sense to cut Aegon? Is that a possibility?

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
So seriously, guys, does the TV show need Aegon?

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

Alchenar posted:

I don't think there's any way to introduce a completely new Targaryen heir, have him raise an army, and invade Westeros, all while Dany is still in Meereen, over the course of one season without all the show watchers going 'this is loving bullshit'.

Yeah, it's going to take a lot of work and I'm not really sure how they'd do it.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
I think Tormund's probably being set up to make sense surrendering to Jon after turning on the Thenns.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
I really wonder if the storm IS a supernatural occurrence tied into Winterfell or if it's just the "normal" effect of the Others.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
poo poo I learned: never ever loving listen to goons.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Are they ever going to kill Balon Greyjoy that's the real question.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Ygriette's dying tonight.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
I'm pretty sure Lady Stoneheart will show up next season, otherwise what the hell are Brienne and Podrick doing?

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

gingerberger posted:

I'd be kinda surprised if there was nothing interesting there, but obviously with GRRM nothing is out of bounds. It may not be a big reveal like he's actually turned into a whitewalker-dragon hybrid. It may just be they find out how he died or something. But I doubt we hear nothing from him.

But people do just disappear and are presumed dead in this series.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
drat I don't even know what the endgame is gonna be at this point if there's no Aegon, but maybe that's a casting surprise. But then again they do casting announcements in waves as the season goes on, right? SDCC is like the "these are the big things this season" announcements, but I feel like I remember more casting announcements after SDCC last year.

There was a cool fan theory about the High Sparrow being Howland Reed, it was far fetched but basically had him infiltrating the Sept with the Faith Militant and preparing to set up some kind of theocracy to get Cersei out of power. Or something. Johnathan Pryce as Howland Reed would be pretty cool.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
I just remembered Yara/Asha only got one scene this season and for no reason at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Is Grey Worm gonna get killed to make Mereen deadly serious?

• Locked thread