Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

I'm probably wasting time right now.

TraderStav posted:

I feel stupid because I'm an idiot, and don't get the reference.

Only Cat.

The last thing Lysa ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Not to be a pedantic rear end in a top hat, but if you recall the first book it's because Cat essentially started the war by grabbing Tyrion.

Or you could say that Jamie or Joffrey started the war by trying to kill Bran.

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

Dodecalypse posted:

I haven't read in a while, are there any actual explanations about the comet? Or is it just a random thing that has no meaning other than adding more lines to fluff chapters.

Since magic is actually coming back into the world, I assumed that it really is a portent. The fact that everyone claimed it as their own just meant that everyone except for one person is wrong.

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

the kawaiiest posted:

No it'll be Syrio.

who is also Jaqen

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

Gau posted:

Glen has a decent range, he just hasn't had much to do with it in the show. He's been Noble Lord Friendzone since day one.

My wife and daughters have been watching Downton Abbey, and I noticed that he is in there. Rose Leslie was in there too. We are watching the same actors but in different shows. No way in hell they are going to watch GoT though.

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

PootieTang posted:

Good God.

I would pay millions to see a Peep Show styled version of Game of Thrones. Littlefinger can be played by the guy who plays Superhans.

I just did a double take and wondered how the hell I got into your post.

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

BlueChocolate posted:

Grrm better get a move on writing those books or there will be no reason to buy his books once the show has revealed everything.

I wonder how much he makes from the TV show compared to a new book.

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

lifts cats over head posted:

Nah, the prosthetic nomination is just because Tormund will have a full frontal scene, HAR!

Flashback scene - before and after the bear bit half of his member off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

His kids may not know the whole story, but they know quite a bit. They were shocked that Bran did not know about the Knight of the Laughing Tree.

Ginette Reno posted:

Howland Reed is still alive. We'll almost certainly hear the story from him at some point.

I've always wondered how Howland saved Ned's life though. Ned has an inner monologue where he says he'd have died at the tower of joy but for Howland Reed. I'm guessing that dude has warg powers, or it could be as simple as him being a good fighter.

Knowing GRRM he'll tease a Howland appearance and then have him flayed by Ramsay or something before he can spill the beans.

• Locked thread