Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a great reveal at the end. Completely took me for surprise and I also really like they showed it not just cut the episode there and reveal it next week. Now my question is will they keep it a secret from the others? I assume they will so they can work on solving the troubles without having to kill Nathan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008
I truly thought that Audrey was gone and that it was just Lexi now. That is a reveal that caught me completely off guard. Fantastic acting by Emily Rose. Now the only question is how long will they keep it hidden because Duke might be able to hide that Audrey is back but I don't believe that Nathan would be able to.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Skuzal posted:

I truly thought that Audrey was gone and that it was just Lexi now. That is a reveal that caught me completely off guard. Fantastic acting by Emily Rose. Now the only question is how long will they keep it hidden because Duke might be able to hide that Audrey is back but I don't believe that Nathan would be able to.

Didnt the preview answer that?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
A lot of us don't watch previews for that reason.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Teek posted:

A lot of us don't watch previews for that reason.

I'm glad I was intentionally vague about it then. I should stop watching spoilers too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Lay Me Down

A trouble that turns dreams into deadly nightmares plagues the residents of Haven; at the same time, Duke finds himself in a difficult situation dealing with his pain-in-the-neck brother.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Pain in the neck? The dude's a murderer. He's cartoonishly evil.

If Duke kills his brother, will his own Trouble go away? Would Duke's blood give his brother super strength?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Hey, it's Dee! :bsg:

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
So, huh, the Guys from the barn are now in Haven. Sounds fun.

Oh, and Nathan keeps being an incredible rear end in a top hat, but we are used to it by now.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Glad the Wade heel turn plot wrapped up, more or less, pretty quickly.

The two weird guys showing up, would surely pave the way for Ferguson to finally show back up too.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Also Agent/Social Worker Howard.

I have wonder though, why is it that they have to keep Audrey's identity still such a secret? I mean, it was Jordan who had the biggest hard-on about her killing Nathan. I can't believe when it comes down to it that Vince would really be such a douche at this point, especially after his "turning into a monster speech". gently caress, he was the one reining Jordan in the past few episodes. And the rest of the Guard would surely fall into line behind him with Jordan gone.

But drat, this show. I had the biggest poo poo eating grin on my face when Nathan walked back in that door. :3:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is Jennifer around the same age as Audrey's son was? Perhaps she had twins. I know the troubled person in this episode mentioned that all the women in her family had her trouble. Maybe if she's Audrey's daughter that's why she's connected to the Barn.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Deadpool posted:

Is Jennifer around the same age as Audrey's son was? Perhaps she had twins. I know the troubled person in this episode mentioned that all the women in her family had her trouble. Maybe if she's Audrey's daughter that's why she's connected to the Barn.

If he hadn't been put in the barn for 27 years Audrey's son would have been much older by now (he was born to Sarah in the 50s), so if she is Audrey's daughter then she was born to Lucy Ripley in the 80s, which does add up age-wise.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Don't know if anyone else is still watching this - but that horseshoe crab/harbinger of evil was awesome. I hope it is not the last we have seen of stalkercrab :)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

PederP posted:

Don't know if anyone else is still watching this - but that horseshoe crab/harbinger of evil was awesome. I hope it is not the last we have seen of stalkercrab :)

I am watching but my DVR didn't record anything last night, so I thought it wasn't a new episode.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

PederP posted:

Indeed. It was ridiculous, in the good way.

Also, glad that someone is calling out on Duke always having been one of the more selfless character of the show.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
The end of that episode was painful to sit through. They made it totally obvious that the others were going to show up just in time to hear a gunshot, but then they kept putting it off and putting it off and suddenly I was on the edge of my seat and Vince, shut up, they might actually make it--

I also really like that people are admitting more and more how much of a good guy Duke is.

Also to add to the Jennifer being Audrey's daughter theory, that book in the box of her parents' belongings was totally the book from the very first episode, right? That Audrey gives to Howard before leaving for Haven? They focused pretty hard on it while it was on screen.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Howard actually took the book from Audrey back in the first episode. Still not sure we got any sense of Lucy being pregnant though while there previously.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

It would be pretty funny if the last two versions of Audrey both had secret children that wound up as her investigative partners in Haven one cycle later. In this case, though, it feels like there are too many people around who knew Lucy and would have remembered her being pregnant during that cycle (wasn't she Duke's babysitter or something?). I know Vince and Dave are anything but forthcoming with secret knowledge, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to keep that from Jennifer.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Maybe the pregnancy was not visible yet, and she gave birth while in the barn? Might explain why Jennifer is attuned to the place if she was born there.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
So, did anyone else start laughing when they talked about "Your salvation will be your doom"? That whole last section I just kept thinking Oh just shoot him already and save us from having to deal with ultra-mopey Nathan, and when they read that it just was perfect. Too bad they're not actually going to go through with it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

At least they were smart enough to not show Nathan in next weeks episode.

McBeth
Jul 11, 2006
Odeipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
I've only recently gotten into this show and am almost current but I kind of feel like some things have just been left hanging. Why does Duke's dad want him to kill Sarah/Lucy/Audrey? The chick who showed you something you were afraid of, who was it Dave saw?

I'm sure I'll remember more...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

How current is current? One of the plots this season was about what might happen if Audrey dies at the hand of a Crocker.

Didn't Dave see Sarah?

McBeth
Jul 11, 2006

Teek posted:

How current is current? One of the plots this season was about what might happen if Audrey dies at the hand of a Crocker.

Didn't Dave see Sarah?

I've seen all but last week's episode. Whenever I watch a series with 2 characters who desperately should be together I always think about how it ruined Moonlighting. At least they're making things hard for everyone.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I hate the Moonlighting comparison that happens all the drat time. That poo poo was what, almost 30 years ago? TV has changed.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, it's definitely been overblown in the annals of TV history. Right now there are several shows where the "will they/won't they" couple has gotten together. I don't watch Bones, but it certainly hasn't ruined Castle or Psych.

My only problem with Audrey and Nathan getting together is that Nathan is boring and stupid.

McBeth
Jul 11, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, it's definitely been overblown in the annals of TV history. Right now there are several shows where the "will they/won't they" couple has gotten together. I don't watch Bones, but it certainly hasn't ruined Castle or Psych.

My only problem with Audrey and Nathan getting together is that Nathan is boring and stupid.

This is true about a few shows/movies completely blowing it but I like to think of the original Office, the bbc version. Dawn and Tim didn't get together until the last special and during the show any contact was so much more meaningful and it created a higher tension between the two.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Colin Ferguson plays a crazy bad guy really well.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

ChaosReaper posted:

Colin Ferguson plays a crazy bad guy really well.

Definitely. He just carries this sense of subtle menace so perfectly.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I am extremely intrigued by the "real" Audrey...who she was hundreds of years ago, or if she's some sort of minor god.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm so happy to see Edge finally get to spear someone.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Edge?

Also, it seems more and more likely that the 'Salvation' that becomes 'Doom' is Audrey/Lexie, and not the whole killing Nathan thing.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Arkeus posted:

Edge?

Also, it seems more and more likely that the 'Salvation' that becomes 'Doom' is Audrey/Lexie, and not the whole killing Nathan thing.

The actor who plays Dwight was a wrestler who went by Edge. Fun Fact: The big Barn Goon is played by another former wrestler, though he's been an actor for a while now.

Bit of speculation: Sheriff Carter seems to have a lot of control over the Troubles. Considering how much the barn seems to screw around with time, it's entirely possible he's the original source for the troubles way back when. Now, Audrey's supposed to "Kill the one she loves" to end the troubles. Bad guy was one of her past selves' great love. So it probably means she needs to kill him to end the troubles. The idea that she has to kill whoever she currently loves is probably just midcommunication thanks to the directions being passed down through who knows how many generations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Woo, I finally remembered that this show is on before my DVR reminded me Saturday morning!

New Episode

The Trouble With Troubles

Audrey finds herself in an alternate Haven, one that has never known any Troubles, and is torn about whether she should turn this world back to "normal," or leave it as is for the sake of her loved ones.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man Colin Ferguson is so good in this role.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

ChaosReaper posted:

Man Colin Ferguson is so good in this role.

He's just such a fun villain.

frgildan fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 16, 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, he's awesome. And the twist about their connection was great.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Cripes, anyone still watching this show? The wife and I are trying to catch up, just too many decent shows on this time of the year. We are currently on episode 10 of this season. Worst thing, I live where this show is taped, but I don't get it on my basic cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
This coming Friday should be episode 12 and the next Friday should be season/series? finale.

• Locked thread