Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm in. I love this show. Very underrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Lol at Duke: "Yes, I am a criminal, but one with a heart of gold."

That was pretty good. I assume Duke's brother has the family power? I didn't seem to remember him when we saw Duke's father though. And I wonder if this guy in the bar where Aubrey/Lexi is at is the new version of her FBI boss/supernatural handler, but one who's gone off the radar?

Astroman fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 14, 2013

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Looks like they fixed the steeple fast.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm liking Duke's brother so far. Not making him a con artist and the explanation of how he stayed with their mother growing up to get by why he was never mentioned before works.

I'm still trying to figure out these guys at "Lexi's" bar...are they two different factions of supernatural Barn generated entities like Audrey's FBI boss? Or just people who know about the troubles out in the real world?

hollylolly posted:

The newspaper brothers still make me mad. They're so unhelpful! :argh: Thought the premiere was solid, and I'm intrigued by Colin Ferguson's character and whatever his deal is. I'm glad that WWE's The Edge can go by his name now in the credits. :cheeky: I like his character.

New girl seems fun, but is an obvious audience insert so the other characters can throw exposition at her. I'll forgive her for now.
But what the hell is the barn anyway!? Spaceship? Tardis? Duke looked like he got sucked into space.

They were always unhelpful, but the change of them being the hardbitten mean spirited leaders of The Guard is a little off-putting.

While I'm not sure what The Barn is per se, I would imagine the inside, with the white rooms, concrete blocks, and modern lights, updates itself to the period. For example if you went inside in the 1800s it would have had gaslights and wood walls, 1700s torches, stone, and wood. But probably still white.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

hollylolly posted:

Yes! I liked the reveal at the end of last season but now they're just jerks and I hate the Guard and can't seem to generate any sympathy for them at all. Please send a meteor to smush then, thanks in advance.

My guess on Lexi's bar and the guy talking to her (does his character have a name? I'm going to call him Colin) is that he is a replacement for the not-FBI guy that got killed. Everything went haywire when the Barn imploded so whatever supernatural forces are behind the whole thing are struggling to make it right? I mean, when Audrey popped out as Audrey her memory was already in place to send her to Haven and Agent Whatshisname was in place to guide her.

I really don't know what the heck, but yes, the people in the bar were way too laid back about gunplay. I would have been screaming and running. :lol:

Is he the replacement for Audrey's FBI boss, or some other force. Because if he is he's off script. This is the first time it appears someone from The Barn has tried to tell her she's anything but what she thinks she is. At least in the past iterations we've seen. But that's probably why those guys were after him. Or maybe The Barn is trying something new.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Ah, so she still is in The Barn. And Vince is gonna stop being so much of a douche, which is a good thing.

I'm also really starting to like Duke's brother. They made a good choice not making him Duke 2.0.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Looks also like the whole "Audrey has to kill the one she loves most" plan won't work, since Lexi doesn't love anyone there. The Guard is gonna be pissed off! :D

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Limbo posted:

I'm enjoying this season so far. My only real gripe is I'm getting annoyed at just how often Miss Bad Touch and her gun toting Guard entourage pop up out of the blue. Fine, it's one of the competing stresses on our heroes, but I'd love a couple episodes without her scowling and threatening people.

The first few seasons they didn't exist and nobody had the tattoo Duke was obsessed over; now they just walk around town flashing tattoos and guns! Hopefully the fact that Lexi can't just kill Nathan will get them to back the gently caress off. Also I'm interested to know exactly what was "released" from the door.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ending! :dance:

I jumped off the couch when I saw that!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Hey, it's Dee! :bsg:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Also Agent/Social Worker Howard.

I have wonder though, why is it that they have to keep Audrey's identity still such a secret? I mean, it was Jordan who had the biggest hard-on about her killing Nathan. I can't believe when it comes down to it that Vince would really be such a douche at this point, especially after his "turning into a monster speech". gently caress, he was the one reining Jordan in the past few episodes. And the rest of the Guard would surely fall into line behind him with Jordan gone.

But drat, this show. I had the biggest poo poo eating grin on my face when Nathan walked back in that door. :3:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I am extremely intrigued by the "real" Audrey...who she was hundreds of years ago, or if she's some sort of minor god.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I wonder if they are going to really end it this season, or at least end the main series arc in case they don't get renewed?

I have to admit, I'm almost not digging the fact that they seem to be about to reveal the truth of the Troubles and Audrey and William. It seems they are moving in a direction of the are aliens, which is shades of a certain other Stephen King story.

I just like the characters and I'd rather a few more years of them just going on and dealing with wacky troubles like how on Supernatural they just do season after season of fighting monsters and demons. I don't *need* a resolution to the MacGuffin.

My old theory was that they were like witches or demigods from a few hundred years ago who cursed Haven, but all the talk of how it basically is a big experiment by William seems to nix that.

I gotta say though, I'm loving Colin Ferguson on this though. He's doing near Pelegrino levels of scenery chewing.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Hipster Occultist posted:

I was kinda hoping for a little more plot resolution, I mean how many times did William offer to explain everything only to have something come up and cut him off?

On the other hand, Colin Ferguson is loving great in this, it'll be a shame to see him go.

I think the problem is if they explain where William and Audrey are from, there goes the entire premise of the show. Now there's still Troubles and whatnot to deal with, and most of the major players are in their places except with some revelations and changes (like Audrey).

But I really do wonder if we'll actually get another season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'll be interested to see what they do with one 26 episode season storywise, if that is indeed how it is aired.

• Locked thread