Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Astroman posted:

Lol at Duke: "Yes, I am a criminal, but one with a heart of gold."

That was pretty good. I assume Duke's brother has the family power? I didn't seem to remember him when we saw Duke's father though. And I wonder if this guy in the bar where Aubrey/Lexi is at is the new version of her FBI boss/supernatural handler, but one who's gone off the radar?

I definitely got that vibe about the new guy too. The whole "Haven't seen you around here before" "Never had a reason to be here" exchange sold me on it.

Good premiere, I'm pleased with how they handled the fallout of the finale (though technically, shouldn't those meteors have just kept falling?) with real and severe consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Astroman posted:

Looks like they fixed the steeple fast.

Maybe there are helpful troubles too. Like some guy whose family has, for generations, been able to spontaneously repair structures whenever they overhear someone complaining about building costs.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I'm not the only one who got a sinister vibe off of Colin Ferguson in this episode, am I? I suspect he's the "power beyond our control" from Dave's (Vince's?) warning and we'll be seeing him in Haven before too long, a rogue agent from whatever group controls the Barn. Sort of like in Supernatural, where the apocalypse not happening resulted in chaos among the angels, it seems like the Barn being destroyed might have some serious ripple effects.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

It was definitely a well-played reveal. Now that we know Audrey is herself again, I expect the "power" Dave was worried about to be showing up sooner rather than later (and I still don't think they got Colin Ferguson for just those bar scenes).

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Is Jennifer around the same age as Audrey's son was? Perhaps she had twins. I know the troubled person in this episode mentioned that all the women in her family had her trouble. Maybe if she's Audrey's daughter that's why she's connected to the Barn.

If he hadn't been put in the barn for 27 years Audrey's son would have been much older by now (he was born to Sarah in the 50s), so if she is Audrey's daughter then she was born to Lucy Ripley in the 80s, which does add up age-wise.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

It would be pretty funny if the last two versions of Audrey both had secret children that wound up as her investigative partners in Haven one cycle later. In this case, though, it feels like there are too many people around who knew Lucy and would have remembered her being pregnant during that cycle (wasn't she Duke's babysitter or something?). I know Vince and Dave are anything but forthcoming with secret knowledge, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to keep that from Jennifer.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, it's definitely been overblown in the annals of TV history. Right now there are several shows where the "will they/won't they" couple has gotten together. I don't watch Bones, but it certainly hasn't ruined Castle or Psych.

My only problem with Audrey and Nathan getting together is that Nathan is boring and stupid.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

ChaosReaper posted:

Colin Ferguson plays a crazy bad guy really well.

Definitely. He just carries this sense of subtle menace so perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Very solid finale. Seconding the hope that Jennifer comes back, she was a nice addition and it would suck to lose yet another interesting female supporting character. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of Mara.

Is the show really in danger of not being picked up? I know it's not a worldbeater in the ratings but I didn't think it was doing significantly worse than their other shows.

• Locked thread