Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«366 »
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...and the pitch!
Jul 13, 2007

Jiminy Christmas. Yoked.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

I wanna see Vitor look like that again, but more retarded

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

wow, wild boys never lose it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hit the drums, so pay up

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Rizin announced some fights for their July card:

Bantamweight GP
Kyoji Horiguchi vs Hideo Tokoro
Khalid Taha vs Keita Ishibashi
Takafumi Otsuka vs Anthony Birchak

Single fights
King Reina vs. Lei'd Tapa
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Kizaemon Saiga
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Yusuke Yachi
Miyu Yamamoto vs. Cassie Robb

It sucks that they've both got Horiguchi fighting outside of his weight class simply because he's too good for other 125ers and that they've immediately made Tokoro fight the best guy possible. Another 6 man GP bracket is going to take place in October, and then two fighters are gonna get slotted straight in because loving whatever (this is probably insurance in case someone they want to win loses). Semis and finals take place on the NYE shows. Brutal schedule.

Saiga keeps complaining that people want to grapple with him so they made him fight the absolute best striker possible lol

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

this proves that vitor will find his True Revival Touch again in Japan

e; gently caress yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9FXCSf_zUY

Chillanese fucked around with this message at May 24, 2017 around 21:00

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Le Saboteur posted:

I think there's almost a 100% chance Roxanne is going to be in the TUF women's flyweight season coming up.

She tried out, so yeah, seems like.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Rizin announced some fights for their July card:

Bantamweight GP
Kyoji Horiguchi vs Hideo Tokoro
Khalid Taha vs Keita Ishibashi
Takafumi Otsuka vs Anthony Birchak

Single fights
King Reina vs. Lei'd Tapa
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Kizaemon Saiga
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Yusuke Yachi
Miyu Yamamoto vs. Cassie Robb

It sucks that they've both got Horiguchi fighting outside of his weight class simply because he's too good for other 125ers and that they've immediately made Tokoro fight the best guy possible. Another 6 man GP bracket is going to take place in October, and then two fighters are gonna get slotted straight in because loving whatever (this is probably insurance in case someone they want to win loses). Semis and finals take place on the NYE shows. Brutal schedule.

Saiga keeps complaining that people want to grapple with him so they made him fight the absolute best striker possible lol

miyu + reina were good in the rizin card i last watched. miyu especially considering her record. maybe im thinking of a different reina

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I.N.R.I posted:

miyu + reina were good in the rizin card i last watched. miyu especially considering her record. maybe im thinking of a different reina

Reina Miura armbarred Jazzy Gabert in Rizin last month so yeah she's probably who you're thinking of. The card with Crusher and Tenshin on it?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Me uni a la Revolucion #RXT

el sabe ...

Reina's domination of Gabert was especially hilarious/awesome given how blatantly they were trying to push a Gabert/Garcia fight.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Reina Miura armbarred Jazzy Gabert in Rizin last month so yeah she's probably who you're thinking of. The card with Crusher and Tenshin on it?

tenshin was on it, actually i think it was the gp with cro cop which he won. so i was thinking of "rena" .. looks like theres no shortage of good fighters in asia

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

how come they dont often succeed abroad? is it the quality of training? thats how it is with japanese athletes in some other sports

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Reina's domination of Gabert was especially hilarious/awesome given how blatantly they were trying to push a Gabert/Garcia fight.

Reina seems cool, she keeps talking poo poo about how there are no women for her to fight in Japan and she wants to make the UFC. OTOH while she is of a healthy and attractive weight she needs to drop like 15 pounds if she's gonna make 135, and she's not all that tall so really 125 might make more sense. What limited evidence there is suggests she is a heck of a grappler though

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I.N.R.I posted:

how come they dont often succeed abroad? is it the quality of training? thats how it is with japanese athletes in some other sports

Seems like it has to be a systemic issue with how they approach sport training for youths since Japan is bad in so many sports, but they're a top Olympic wrestling and Judo nation so I dunno what's up with their MMA guys lately.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Here he comes, that Mighty Mouse
Just like a bolt from the blue with a heart that's true
Fighting evil, fighting crime
And always there in the nick of time

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah they don't have the coaches, gyms, space, skilled training partners to compete with elite camps from the US. And if iirc they almost never cross trained. Like they wouldn't do mma sparring they would just do jiu-jitsu then they'd do a kickboxing class but not mma specific classes.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at May 25, 2017 around 17:02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007

The Japanese also don't cut nearly as much weight as they need to in order to be competitive so they're already giving up a size advantage from the get go. The Koreans seem to have at least figured that part out and you see a lot less losses from them due to getting bullied.

«366 »