Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

In other news, this upcoming Bellator event will be the first one I've seen live. Pretty excited even if I haven't heard of anyone outside of the top 3 fights. Still, I get to see Fedor lose in embarrassing fashion or Mitrione get beat up. I'm cool with either.

Goddamnit.

However, I got to see Kongo knee a man in the balls, less than 50 yards from me. That's one thing off my bucket list. The best two fights were probably two that happened after the main event, although it was fun seeing Koscheck lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I didn't watch Bellator yet due to life events but the top two fights on AFC 129 are pretty good and the main event of LFA 4 Damon Jackson vs. Kevin Aguilar was good. Cage Warriors 80 main event was one-sided but fine.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Kyoji Horoguchi signed with Rizin,fighting in April

https://twitter.com/boutreview/status/833625084673732608

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I look forward to the 2019 superfight when Horiguchi, on a 8-fight KO streak, returns to the UFC.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'd be happier to see him somewhere where he'd get five round fight experience tbh but I'll definitely watch him fight in RIZIN.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So I was excited to read about how Fedor lost and lol

RIP Bellator, I wonder if Fedor got paid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was pretty bummed that Mitrione got pulled but he's from Lafayette so he was gonna get HIV or kidney stones eventually

red19fire
May 26, 2010

1st AD posted:

So I was excited to read about how Fedor lost and lol

RIP Bellator, I wonder if Fedor got paid.

I thought it came out during either Fedor's UFC negotiation or the Affliction postmortem that among the ridiculous contract demands, he wants his show money up front and non-refundable.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Sweet!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I wonder if he's going to stay in Florida or not. Either way he should be able to pick up some elite level cup noodle sponsorships

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hopefully because there's only Krazy Bee left in Japan as far as big gyms go so he'd have much better coaches and partners at ATT. fishing is probably better in Japan though.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

EmmyOk posted:

fishing is probably better in Japan though.

Not that this is the important part of your post at all, but I doubt it. The Gulf side is better, but Florida is a national fishing destination.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It was the most important part tbh because Horiguchi loves going fishing. ATT also has the possibility of getting to go fishing with Robbie.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I thought robbie left att??

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Florida is fisherman's paradise, Gooch probably loves it.

LobsterMobster posted:

I thought robbie left att??

They can still go fishing.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 21, 2017

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Just took a look at the Bellator 173 card, and wow that is bad. Even by Bellator standards, it is impressively bad. This may be a good weekend to take a break from combat sports.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lobstermobster -

Has Aikido answered the Moat Fights call yet?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

Lobstermobster -

Has Aikido answered the Moat Fights call yet?

I'm not sure. I think I've missed the last couple of moat fight events

I know a volleyball player got in on the action on one of em

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

wrong thread

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 22, 2017

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
wasn't the ancient dude who got immediately knocked out an aikido guy?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I thought he was a no-touch ki attack dude, which is way more real and reputable than aikido

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/trial-for-ex-mma-fighter-war-machine-begins-monday/661274379

It begins

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Isn't he already pretty much locked up for life? Fuuuuuuuuuck that guy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Looking kind of puny, guess you can't get roids in prison.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadsrtkhXRI

Chael says Tito tapped during their fight.
An entertaining little rant even if it's just Chael making it up.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Captain Log posted:

Isn't he already pretty much locked up for life? Fuuuuuuuuuck that guy.

Unfortunately if you don't actually kill a person (even if you tried your best and it's clearly what you intended), life sentences are pretty rare in the US. According to this page, in Vegas specifically the maximum is 20 years (and as early as 2): http://www.shouselaw.com/nevada/murder.html.

Of course somebody like War "Jon Kopenhaver" Machine is unlikely to behave very well in prison and will likely get his sentence extended for additional violent crimes while inside.

And indeed, fuuuuuuuck that guy. But don't really or he might try to stab you and your best friend.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Unless they changed how the jurisdiction works, this counts ad War Machine's third strike under California law, so he would indeed go away for a long time.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bluedeanie posted:

Unless they changed how the jurisdiction works, this counts ad War Machine's third strike under California law, so he would indeed go away for a long time.

Ah, the Las Vegas lead-in made me think this crime was committed there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadsrtkhXRI

Chael says Tito tapped during their fight.
An entertaining little rant even if it's just Chael making it up.

so Chael's decided he wants a rematch then

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Ah, the Las Vegas lead-in made me think this crime was committed there.

IIRC it was, but California law allows the state to consider serious crimes committed in other jurisdictions to go toward their strike system, which seems incredibly Draconian but I don't think anyone is complaining in this case.

I could also be wrong about all of this, I haven't exactly been excitedly following the War Machine trial.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bluedeanie posted:

IIRC it was, but California law allows the state to consider serious crimes committed in other jurisdictions to go toward their strike system, which seems incredibly Draconian but I don't think anyone is complaining in this case.

I could also be wrong about all of this, I haven't exactly been excitedly following the War Machine trial.

Interesting. Where's Mr. Nice when you need him?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I think that's only relevant if you're being tried in California....

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

cis autodrag posted:

Interesting. Where's Mr. Nice when you need him?

He's a Florida taco law guy so they may not have covered this stuff

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

maffew buildings posted:

He's a Florida taco law guy so they may not have covered this stuff

i have no idea what this means. should i call him if the bell refuses to give me my free doritos locos home run taco during the next world series?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cis autodrag posted:

i have no idea what this means. should i call him if the bell refuses to give me my free doritos locos home run taco during the next world series?

I mean if you want to eat meat filler, sure.

California's three strike sentencing laws don't matter for a nevada court applying nevada law. His prior convictions will definitely be weighted against him when he's facing sentencing, though. I'm not sure if Nevada has any similar laws.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

In Nevada, it's 3 strikes, then a warning from Kim Winslow

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
War 'Jon Koppenhaver' Machine

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cry human being and let slip the tards of war

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LobsterMobster posted:

In Nevada, it's 3 strikes, then a warning from Kim Winslow

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me