Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dan Didio posted:

Did Roxy not get robbed in her last fight that was for the invicta title or did I imagine that?

I thought she won it but I remember it being too close for a robbery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

El Roncho posted:

Yeah it seems like Roxanne's style shifted from "anime" to "actual fighting" a little while back. It's kind of insane.

Roxanne said she realized after being on TUF that the game had passed her by while she was living in Japan and that if she wanted to continue with MMA she had to move back to the US and join a real fight team to get the training she needed. Also that she regretted not going back sooner in her career but that she loved living in Japan and being a teacher, although she now teaches kids jiu jitsu classes at Syndicate.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Tenshin Nasukawa nuked some Irish must thai guy in RISE and then Kizaemon Saiga took to the ring to give him a pre-arranged challenge to a match in Rizin. Even with the size disadvantage Tenshin is a far better striker.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

interpol_most_wanted_for_ethnic_cleansing.jpg

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mamed, pudz, and sokoudjou are the only ones I recognize. Also sokoudjou just barely turned 33.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the cast of Pitch Black did not age well.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Sneaking into the student newspaper office the night before a new issue goes into print

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Rory mcdonald wants either Wanderlei or Fedor

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Rory mcdonald wants either Wanderlei or Fedor

Hahaha Rory not giving a poo poo about the bellator title and going straight after the money freak show fights owns and simultaneously speaks volumes

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I'd be very down to see Fedor get bodied by a welterweight

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
as long as rory is in bellator i agree with him: he should fight Wanderlei and Fedor and giant silva

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm quite impressed that Pudz is still doing MMA. Obviously he's not fighting anyone good but I had thought he'd have said gently caress it ages ago.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
maybe he likes fighting .. theres a lot to like about it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/22/15674934/vitor-belfort-leave-the-ufc-but-continue-competing-after-ufc-212

[street fighter plane noise] Japan

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

hahaha

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

he said some nice stuff there. kind of funny that hes going to follow it up with fighting for rizin

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

"It's a show, not a sport," a rapidly deflating children's clown punching bag stated about his current employer, the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't want to see Vitor in the UFC anymore but it would be okay if he took a whole bunch of steroids again and humiliated people in Bellator or whatever

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I've been laughing about this all day

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

as long as rory is in bellator i agree with him: he should fight Wanderlei and Fedor and giant silva

Beat Wandy and Fedor then come back and get a totally undeserved shot at the UFC belt, and win. That's my dream thanks for listening y'all

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe he likes fighting .. theres a lot to like about it

Probably likes the money more, the major strongman competitions he won didn't pay very much.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I don't want to see Vitor in the UFC anymore but it would be okay if he took a whole bunch of steroids again and humiliated people in Bellator or whatever

I'd seriously enjoy the idea of a baneweight fighting class where all chemicals are legal and publically declared. Let Vitor and all the other aging fightdudes wreck each other like a hosed up super soldier proving grounds.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's a Kurt Russell movie.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

coconono posted:

I'd seriously enjoy the idea of a baneweight fighting class where all chemicals are legal and publically declared. Let Vitor and all the other aging fightdudes wreck each other like a hosed up super soldier proving grounds.

Still holding out for Vitor versus Fedor in Rizin, though Fedor has already ducked him once

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
if vitor goes to japan i feel bad for whatever mega can they put in front of him

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The second bonus stage with the barrels that roll off the conveyor belt, except he's just letting them land on his body and break open. they're all marked "TRT" on the side

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The second bonus stage with the barrels that roll off the conveyor belt, except he's just letting them land on his body and break open. they're all marked "TRT" on the side

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Here's Facebook video of that fairly strong child getting the submission win https://www.facebook.com/128225344408823/videos/128226201075404/

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Here's Facebook video of that fairly strong child getting the submission win https://www.facebook.com/128225344408823/videos/128226201075404/

Mighty Mouse vids go in the UFC thread

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if vitor goes to japan i feel bad for whatever mega can they put in front of him

Kazuyuki Fujita gulps as the stadium roof opens up. A helicopter lowers a crate emblazoned with a Brazilian flag into the ring. Roars can be heard coning from it and the sides shudder with the impact of blows from within. Today he meets his ancestors.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
extremely the wrong thread

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Oh sorry. I mistakenly thought this was the b league MMA thread. Do carry on

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone get RNCed by someone with full boxing gloves while wearing headgear. She also looked as if she was unconscious for quite a while there.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The 12 year old child won the fight?

Bullshit, that has got to be a work. If it was originally going to be a real fight, perhaps the angry backlash pressured them to script the fight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

That's even funnier than I expected. How bad at fighting are you if you're getting ripped off your feet by someone half your weight?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's her third straight loss and she hasn't won in 2 full years

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

El Roncho posted:

Oh sorry. I mistakenly thought this was the b league MMA thread. Do carry on

my post was in the wrong thread

you sensitive dummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

we got worked into a shoot like jabronie marks