Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jiminy Christmas. Yoked.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I wanna see Vitor look like that again, but more retarded

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

wow, wild boys never lose it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Rizin announced some fights for their July card:

Bantamweight GP
Kyoji Horiguchi vs Hideo Tokoro
Khalid Taha vs Keita Ishibashi
Takafumi Otsuka vs Anthony Birchak

Single fights
King Reina vs. Lei'd Tapa
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Kizaemon Saiga
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Yusuke Yachi
Miyu Yamamoto vs. Cassie Robb

It sucks that they've both got Horiguchi fighting outside of his weight class simply because he's too good for other 125ers and that they've immediately made Tokoro fight the best guy possible. Another 6 man GP bracket is going to take place in October, and then two fighters are gonna get slotted straight in because loving whatever (this is probably insurance in case someone they want to win loses). Semis and finals take place on the NYE shows. Brutal schedule.

Saiga keeps complaining that people want to grapple with him so they made him fight the absolute best striker possible lol

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
this proves that vitor will find his True Revival Touch again in Japan

e; gently caress yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9FXCSf_zUY

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 24, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Le Saboteur posted:

I think there's almost a 100% chance Roxanne is going to be in the TUF women's flyweight season coming up.

She tried out, so yeah, seems like.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Rizin announced some fights for their July card:

Bantamweight GP
Kyoji Horiguchi vs Hideo Tokoro
Khalid Taha vs Keita Ishibashi
Takafumi Otsuka vs Anthony Birchak

Single fights
King Reina vs. Lei'd Tapa
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Kizaemon Saiga
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Yusuke Yachi
Miyu Yamamoto vs. Cassie Robb

It sucks that they've both got Horiguchi fighting outside of his weight class simply because he's too good for other 125ers and that they've immediately made Tokoro fight the best guy possible. Another 6 man GP bracket is going to take place in October, and then two fighters are gonna get slotted straight in because loving whatever (this is probably insurance in case someone they want to win loses). Semis and finals take place on the NYE shows. Brutal schedule.

Saiga keeps complaining that people want to grapple with him so they made him fight the absolute best striker possible lol

miyu + reina were good in the rizin card i last watched. miyu especially considering her record. maybe im thinking of a different reina

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I.N.R.I posted:

miyu + reina were good in the rizin card i last watched. miyu especially considering her record. maybe im thinking of a different reina

Reina Miura armbarred Jazzy Gabert in Rizin last month so yeah she's probably who you're thinking of. The card with Crusher and Tenshin on it?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Reina's domination of Gabert was especially hilarious/awesome given how blatantly they were trying to push a Gabert/Garcia fight.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Reina Miura armbarred Jazzy Gabert in Rizin last month so yeah she's probably who you're thinking of. The card with Crusher and Tenshin on it?

tenshin was on it, actually i think it was the gp with cro cop which he won. so i was thinking of "rena" .. looks like theres no shortage of good fighters in asia

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
how come they dont often succeed abroad? is it the quality of training? thats how it is with japanese athletes in some other sports

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Reina's domination of Gabert was especially hilarious/awesome given how blatantly they were trying to push a Gabert/Garcia fight.

Reina seems cool, she keeps talking poo poo about how there are no women for her to fight in Japan and she wants to make the UFC. OTOH while she is of a healthy and attractive weight she needs to drop like 15 pounds if she's gonna make 135, and she's not all that tall so really 125 might make more sense. What limited evidence there is suggests she is a heck of a grappler though

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I.N.R.I posted:

how come they dont often succeed abroad? is it the quality of training? thats how it is with japanese athletes in some other sports

Seems like it has to be a systemic issue with how they approach sport training for youths since Japan is bad in so many sports, but they're a top Olympic wrestling and Judo nation so I dunno what's up with their MMA guys lately.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah they don't have the coaches, gyms, space, skilled training partners to compete with elite camps from the US. And if iirc they almost never cross trained. Like they wouldn't do mma sparring they would just do jiu-jitsu then they'd do a kickboxing class but not mma specific classes.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 25, 2017

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
The Japanese also don't cut nearly as much weight as they need to in order to be competitive so they're already giving up a size advantage from the get go. The Koreans seem to have at least figured that part out and you see a lot less losses from them due to getting bullied.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

N: Roy Nelson signs with Bellator

V: I wanna see Roy/Fedor so badly now.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Fedors decade long ducking of roy big country nelson ends now.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
suck it, Roy

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Fedor ducks everyone.

It is known.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bellator is not sinking, what you are seeing is just weight displacement

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
It's amazing he's only been cut from the UFC just now. That's been a long time coming.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Work Friend Keven posted:

we'll see

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

El Roncho posted:

It's amazing he's only been cut from the UFC just now. That's been a long time coming.

He wasn't cut, his contract ended and he chose to sign with Bellator.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dana was always making GBS threads on him so i doubt his offer from the ufc was that great

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I like to think the UFC's offer was Dana reaching into his pocket and pulling out a middle finger.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

dana was always making GBS threads on him so i doubt his offer from the ufc was that great

He also sucks, has lovely fights and loses all the time.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Yeah this isn't even remotely on the same level as letting Rory or Kyoji walk, and even Rory was understandable at the time

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

Yeah this isn't even remotely on the same level as letting Rory or Kyoji walk, and even Rory was understandable at the time

Rory was baffling because he generates those glorious Canadar dollars and could be a good draw. They should have cut Thompson instead for sure

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Roy Nelson is a joke fighter, it's offensive he's lasted this long in modern MMA

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He also sucks, has lovely fights and loses all the time.

true

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was a love tap at best but he did also kick a referee.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Roy Nelson's​ a massive dumbass who somehow managed to have a long UFC career in spite of being as lovely and annoying to work with as possible. He's going to praise Bellator to high heaven then in 6 weeks be right back to being an annoying prick and complaining that he deserves a better contract and a title shot after losing 29-28 to Kongo

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Roy Nelson's​ a massive dumbass who somehow managed to have a long UFC career in spite of being as lovely and annoying to work with as possible. He's going to praise Bellator to high heaven then in 6 weeks be right back to being an annoying prick and complaining that he deserves a better contract and a title shot after losing 29-28 to Kongo

Also he is 40 years old and not exactly taking great care of his body. He'll probably finish out that contract to get paid but you know his body isn't going to hold up so those final fights are going to be even uglier than normal.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Anybody else watching the KSW poo poo Show Spectacular?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

El Roncho posted:

Anybody else watching the KSW poo poo Show Spectacular?

no but I read on twitter that TUF: The Smashes winner Norman Parke got bit on the finger in his retirement fight

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
UFC should sign Tomasz Narkun

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/868584933509525504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing