Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/1/17066990/jon-fitch-signs-with-bellator

El Roncho fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Something that I have never looked into is what Jon Fitch's tattoo says. Sacrifice, apparently.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Rory will finally get to follow in GSP's footsteps by giving Jon Fitch a horrible and prolonged beating.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'm glad Fitch still gets to make some money, but that's a loving Bay Area Bob Cook rear end signing. He's so far removed from the UFC that he doesn't get any rub off as a memorable UFC guy for casual channel hoppers. His reputation amongst the kind of hardcore fan that would buy tickets to a Bellator show is that he's boring as poo poo. He's broken down, but not in the Phil Baroni tier where you can guarantee he's not going to derail like Paul Daley or whoever else you have. It's just some weird chicanery waiting to happen.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

lol that Yushin Okami is listed as one of Fitch's notable victories.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fitch is gonna lay on someone in the most Fitch way as possible and the universe will continue expanding.

coconono fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 2, 2018

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bellator Welterweights itchin' for a Fitchin':

:discourse:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

El Roncho posted:

Rory will finally get to follow in GSP's footsteps by giving Jon Fitch a horrible and prolonged beating.

Everytime I try and remember how that fight went I can only picture Fitch with his back to the mat clinging on for some reason, but no, Georges really did beat the gently caress out of him, lol.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
I haven't watched Fitch fight in years but the shields win seems impressive on paper?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I thought Fitch retired because of brain injury after his fight with Jake Shields

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lid posted:

I thought Fitch retired because of brain injury after his fight with Jake Shields

If Fitch doesn't remember his Traumatic Brain Injury, neither should you

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Biafraid posted:

I haven't watched Fitch fight in years but the shields win seems impressive on paper?

On paper it is, and that's how it should stay.

Rizin uploaded another one of their documentary things which is mostly about Crocop destroying old man TK. But it made me go and flick through the episode before that because I didn't see anything about it and it has the most Japanese post fight speech of all time (it has English subtitles). You're a good man, Japanese Dave Strasser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnXDYzmmghk&t=142s

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Rizin uploaded another one of their documentary things which is mostly about Crocop destroying old man TK. But it made me go and flick through the episode before that because I didn't see anything about it and it has the most Japanese post fight speech of all time (it has English subtitles). You're a good man, Japanese Dave Strasser.

drat that's sad, rip Chikuwa

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm glad Fitch still gets to make some money, but that's a loving Bay Area Bob Cook rear end signing. He's so far removed from the UFC that he doesn't get any rub off as a memorable UFC guy for casual channel hoppers. His reputation amongst the kind of hardcore fan that would buy tickets to a Bellator show is that he's boring as poo poo. He's broken down, but not in the Phil Baroni tier where you can guarantee he's not going to derail like Paul Daley or whoever else you have. It's just some weird chicanery waiting to happen.

good to know bob cook is still shadow booking for Scott Coker

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'd still watch a Fitch /Askren matchup though.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TheReverend posted:

I'd still watch a Fitch /Askren matchup though.

Given the way Maia and BJ outwrestled Fitch (while BJ could breathe, anyway) I feel like this would be extremely one-sided.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I feel like Fitch could Fitch all over most the welterweights in Bellator, but the ones(maybe one) he couldn't would hurt him very badly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CarlCX posted:

Given the way Maia and BJ outwrestled Fitch (while BJ could breathe, anyway) I feel like this would be extremely one-sided.

Fitch outwrestled Shields who outwrestled Maia who outwrestled Fitch

MMOuroboros

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I remember the English broadcast mentioning this at the time :3:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/CRUSHER_MMA/status/958913995771121664

crusher's on the frogtech diet, and there's no way this isn't for a sad, lovely rematch with gomi

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
And yet it is the only match i care about

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Maybe Crusher can finally win this one.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Ther was just a pretty decent womens fight on Bellator, Emily Ducote/ Kristna Williams

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yea Williams had some good striking and kicks.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Joe Warren is about to fight also, if that's a thing people still tune in for

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Apart from one takedown and two whiffed cartwheel kicks, Warren has done nothing but eat right hands in this fight.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Yeah. he's getting lit up on the feet

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Warren still has a chin, but it's realy his only attribute of note at this point. He should really have retired ages ago.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
He looked like a differnt figther after those the first two minutes, he either adrenaline dumped after Taminglo got up after his first takedown, or was hurt after eating those shots in the first.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
How did one guy score that for Warren? :thunk:

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Wise Learned Man posted:

How did one guy score that for Warren? :thunk:

Joe Warren and split decisions are long time friends

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He's broken down, but not in the Phil Baroni tier where you can guarantee he's not going to derail like Paul Daley or whoever else you have. It's just some weird chicanery waiting to happen.
https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/969779655514443776

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

yesssssssssss

Daley is going to spend weeks trash talking Fitch into standing with him, and Fitch will say "ok" and then clinch and go for a trip takedown in the firs t10 seconds. It will be amazing.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Cool poo poo in LFA:
https://twitter.com/JBNeverDies/status/969787575727808516

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

whoa. that'sa pretzel

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
What made it better was the guy that won was getting outgrappled the previous eight minutes of the fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lol I love how any time a horrendous nightmare matchup like this or Davis/Bader is mentioned in this thread it immediately gets booked

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol I love how any time a horrendous nightmare matchup like this or Davis/Bader is mentioned in this thread it immediately gets booked

poo poo davis / bader actually happened in the ufc, sucked immeasurably, and then bellator booked it again. it's incredible. in fairness to bellator, the ufc booked woodley / wonderboy 2 though

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The most important fighting promotion on Earth is reaching out to the English speaking world

https://twitter.com/Ganryujima_intl/status/969216509384966145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The most important fighting promotion on Earth is reaching out to the English speaking world

https://twitter.com/Ganryujima_intl/status/969216509384966145

is this moat fights