Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Digital Jedi posted:

Ref in Invicta just now put the mouth guard of the girl back in her month without really pausing the fight. She was on top delivering punches with the girl against the cage

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This Invicta card is fun though. Watch it, nerds.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Flying Triangle + really late ref stoppage on an obviously unconscious woman

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/1020836095410388993

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fentry posted:

Flying Triangle + really late ref stoppage on an obviously unconscious woman

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/1020836095410388993

Yea that's the ref I posted about putting the mouth guard in without stopping the fight to do so.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea that's the ref I posted about putting the mouth guard in without stopping the fight to do so.

That's my fetish.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Invicta reffing is really wild stuff. I've seen poo poo go to decisions after seeing both fighters go limp more than once.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I laughed hard seeing Hannibal Burress' face on the mat, I love that he's sponsored this

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That Hawaiian girl who won tonight might be a real prospect

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Digital Jedi posted:

Ref in Invicta just now put the mouth guard of the girl back in her month without really pausing the fight. She was on top delivering punches with the girl against the cage

Edit: This ref isn't that good.

It was the most bullshit thing. Person on bottom stopped for the referee on his instruction, but he didn't stop the girl on top throwing punches while he fed her the mouthguard. What a dingus.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Greg Franklin is the ref where a fight ended by submission twice, and he didn't stop it, and it went to a decision where the girl that was sleeping on the mat at the end of the fight won it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Greg Franklin is the ref where a fight ended by submission twice, and he didn't stop it, and it went to a decision where the girl that was sleeping on the mat at the end of the fight won it.

that is impressive. that needs to be screenshotted and placed alongside cb dolloway being stretchered out of the arena with a big WINNER underlining his shame

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

that is impressive. that needs to be screenshotted and placed alongside cb dolloway being stretchered out of the arena with a big WINNER underlining his shame

I nominated it for comedy in MMA last year but nobody watched it. Celine Haga vs I can't remember right now. It was a pretty sick fight on-top of the :wtc:. They rematched in Ebi.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Amy Montenegro vs Celine Haiga. Arm bar with a tap after the bell in round 1, then the one who tapped left her opponent unconscious from a choke after the bell in round 3

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Several days late, but LFA was good as hell on Friday.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That Bellator WW tourney is siiick, but Rory is getting hosed hard.

The Bellator HW tourney is prolly the best thing going in mma right now. Rooting for Mitrione so Chael can be the World Champion.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Garry Tonon's win from ONE-FC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlmfquYoAWw

Tonon's BJJ stuff was definitely cool - my posts in support of that was no mere fatherdog sycophancy - and, hell, by shaving his hair he now looks thuggish enough I think he could go far

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I dunno, that looks unimpressive to me. He gets the takedown 1:30 in, tries a bunch of stuff, and only finishes late in the 3rd. I think the way Tonon uses striking to get grappling just isn't there yet.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

I dunno, that looks unimpressive to me. He gets the takedown 1:30 in, tries a bunch of stuff, and only finishes late in the 3rd. I think the way Tonon uses striking to get grappling just isn't there yet.

I meant from his BJJ/sub wrestling career. I wrote the previous post poorly.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 28, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

His striking still needs a lot of work.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

rizin shaping up to be amazing. i know everyone here wanted to see takanori gomi fight melvin guillard. https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/rizin-ff-11-card-finalized-including-rena-horiguchi-gomi-guillard-brandao-and-cruickshank

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Rzini's on, first few fights have been good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1023492359328342016

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Well that was nearly a dozen unnecessary punches. :ohdear:

Also, Gomi :unsmith:

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

https://twitter.com/Bestrafer7/status/1023504145620205568

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I'm his knee giving out.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Wait, is Guillard doing a “Randlemann before death” impression?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
gently caress, Gomi's still got dynamite. Did that left hook connect at 10s in the highlight? Right before Melvin stumbles a bit.

Captain Log posted:

Wait, is Guillard doing a “Randlemann before death” impression?

Guillard has dyed his hair blond before... if that's what you're asking.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone wants a good laugh watch the post fight from Rizin 11 with the fighter from Mongol who managed to get booed by the Japanese audience and not be allowed the microphone.

Rest of the card was a lot of fun.

Oh yeah and ACB is pretty much dead.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ancial-problems

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 31, 2018

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I hope they make a movie one day about how well the fertitta's conned WME

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The bridge troll is on a ton of gear https://twitter.com/TheZaneSimon/status/1027609938837696512

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Holy poo poo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I want you to remember, Mike Pierce…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my arms…on your leg…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Holy poo poo that looks like photoshop

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:drat:

It's so cartoonish looking

This is what he keeps reminding me of

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 9, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did the dunk the goblin into HGH or did he enter the vat willingly?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

George Sotiropoulos looks like he used to look like that and then woke up one day and didn't

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
palhares on that laron landry gear

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Never one for subtlety was he

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
horsemeat.nl/freesample

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

he is legitimately terrifying.