Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gregor Samsa posted:

It's Nevada, so I expect at least one judge will sentence Christy Mack instead.

Gold

Probably no chance War Machine is alive when they track him down right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This looks like some weird UFC videogame knockout where the knocked out fighter clipped through the cage and got stuck

Amazing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Bubba losing in hilarious fashion again

Bubba needs to be choked out in every fight forever

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Apparently Mayhem got arrested yet again, this time for assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/jason-mayhem-miller-back-in-jail-after-another-alleged-assault-on-police-officer

quote:

A press release from OCSD said officers heard a female screaming inside Miller’s house when they arrived. They then encountered an aggressive Miller, who reportedly threw a large ceramic tile at them and brandished a large fire extinguisher and metal pole before retreating to his backyard.

Officers shot Miller with a Taser, but the fight continued for eight minutes before he was subdued.

Edit: What is it with him trying to attack people with fire extinguishers? Didn't he do that when he wrecked a church a while back too? lol

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 17, 2015

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

loving lol

I can't wait to watch this play out

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As someone that came into MMA fandom (in a more than extremely casual way) around 2010 with Silva vs Sonnen 1 hype bringing me in I always thought Fedor was this unbeatable monster from overseas because I never bothered to look into the records of his competition or anything like that. I basically just took the hype at surface level and believed it until I saw him actually fight a few times outside of highlight videos. Unless you were a serious fan that watched outside of american promotions it's pretty easy to believe the hype surrounding him I guess. Then he lost a few times in a row in strikeforce and the aura was gone. I just missed peak Fedor hype apparently at the time.

Edit: And I mean lets be serious here - The Last Emperor is a really loving good nickname in the realm of MMA fighter nicknames.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 3, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How does Bob Sapp keep getting booked for fights after like 15 embarrassing losses in a row

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol he's 3-29 since 2009 between kickboxing and MMA. Seems like a nice guy though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

I mean, he was accused of domestic violence last year, so I dunno about the nice guy thing

Didn't know that part just that he seems like a giant harmless dude in interviews so that's lovely if he did

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Nierbo posted:

He got pretty crazy when ariel asked him about throwing fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1zkgHZk-CA

"If you're asking how I won that one - he cracked his shin against my knee and couldn't continue. That's how I won" is a pretty great answer to how you've only won a single fight in your last eleven though. He keeps mentioning 'having to make a paycheck' so at least he's not trying too hard to hide it.

He does seem pretty wacky upstairs though but Ariel brings that out of most people just by being himself. Previously I had only seen a few interviews from him where he's mostly happy and smiling next to happy japanese fans or he's playing tug o war with a bear.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 29, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

El Roncho posted:

You gotta pair it with this. For obvious reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiIA0r_ugHI

This single video answered all Bob Sapp questions I have now and in the future

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo those punches after the knockdown lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

I don't ever remember Chuck being a fast striker, just a dude with school busses for hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVzFRHKQEk

The flurry at the end is pretty fast

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Never one for subtlety was he

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This is like reverse Steiner math where the number keeps going down instead

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good to see bankruptcy is treating 50 well

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As if MMA didn't have enough of a problem with fights not going on as scheduled

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I would say I'm not surprised they're trying to capitalize on his name being out there right now but I don't know that anyone gives a poo poo about him to begin with and they probably don't know his name outside of 'that guy in the crowd khabib tried to kill' so they should probably call him that in the promos

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Nifft posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR5kDeTB3vY

Wish Chuck was able to get a commentary gig instead of fighting again. He's looking pretty old and slow.

Oh no

I figured it wasn't going to be great but drat I really don't want to see that fight now

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Are 12-6 elbows legal on the ground?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

drat that knee

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What a weird fight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dan looked so disappointed that he has to ref this Roy Nelson fight haha

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jesus

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at punching Roy in the gut

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

In a shocking twist he knocks out the guy he already knocked senseless earlier in the round with illegal strikes haha

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's a shame he threw those knees because that was a rad fight toward the end and people are still booing him

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was curious how much Big Country was earning nowadays and dang:

quote:

Bellator 194 – Feb 16/18 – L (Mitrione) – $300,000*

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

old.flv posted:

I'm the weird bone sticking out of Mitrione's shoulder

Woah

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That protruding shoulder bone cant be right

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Well this certainly was a 15 minute fight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kensei posted:

Someone upload that to Ultimate Surrender as a prime example of wrestlefucking.

I was literally just about to ask if that was a textbook wrestlefucking before I saw your post

Definitely one of the worst ones I've ever seen

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I do like these stupid Chael promos

"I'll fight Fedor, I'll fight Putin, I'll fight a Siberian husky I don't care"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This is going to be stupid and I'm going to love every minute of it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

First fight was alright - decent knockout

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CommonShore posted:

this fight blows. Bad middleweights are the worst.

It showed promise early then the dick kick happened and it slowed down

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

I thought when the dick kick happened they brought in a lady Dr to look at it but guess she was a translator?

Haha yeah I think ref Dan brought her in to let him know he has five minutes to walk off the dick kick

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That truck driver was done before he hit the ground

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This is definitely a Benson Henderson fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Someone please gif Benson's "I DID?!?" face

That was amazing