Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Despite what Bas said in the fourth round it kinda does look like Moraes doesn't really want to hurt the guy anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
"Immediately released when he felt the tap"

(Yves Lavigne pries his arms apart)

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think the Korean guy also had to borrow shorts to actually fight because he was just there to corner somebody else. Mach also missed weight for his own show, causing Shamar Bailey to refuse to fight and Mach to have to fight somebody who was like 15 pounds heavier than him.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Attila Vegh is the guy that Bellator pretended had a shoulder injury so they could do a Newton/King Mo rematch. Then the Attila/Newton match happened a year later and was very bad.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
JON! JON JONES! CHECK ON LYOTO! Get some fans

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Calling that an "explosion" to his feet was pretty generous

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ty1990 posted:

People were supposed to know who the guy was after he took his mask off lol

He actually wore two masks, just in case you could see through the hood and recognize him before the big reveal

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I don't know anything about Herring other than that he was supposed to be good in PRIDE and that Lesnar couldn't finish him despite mauling him for 15 minutes.

This is something that every MMA fan should know about Heath Herring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-gKilvZZsU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Minowaman's freakshow record is pretty good but he did lose to Zuluzinho and Mr. Shark.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

attackmole posted:

Throw JT in with Mighty Mo. Now we're talking.

Unfortunately Bellator cut Mighty Mo a while ago.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I would like it if Julie Kedzie's duties as matchmaker prevented her from ever doing fight commentary again.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Alexa Grasso owns, adorable and great boxing.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This card was going at a pretty nice pace and then that just sucked the life right out of it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope it happens, Fedor's Strikeforce run was wonderful.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

The Kins posted:

Please link this for ease of :allears:-ing.

Here it is at the point where Fedor loses:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3320599&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=18

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Two fights stopped due to a headbutt on the same card.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
McKenzie is a very bad fighter, but a great entertainer

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's 2008 and $kala is offering financial incentive to keep the fight standing

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm glad that Bellator has allowed me to continue to enjoy Francis Carmont fights.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Warren submits in the classic Chael Sonnen fashion

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Regardless of what would have happened had the fight gone longer I thought it was good to see Askren getting thrown around and diving desperately for takedowns even for a couple of minutes.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I thought the girl who yelled hi-ya every time she threw a punch won.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I only got to watch the first few Invicta prelims before I had to leave, how bad did Peggy Morgan look this time?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Shamrock Slam really works.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the glory/bellator show is apparently going to use "dynamite" branding. what the gently caress

The event should be held in an almost completely empty Los Angeles Coliseum for old time's sake.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah I don't think Palhares is retarded, he's just a dick.

I think he's a bit of both.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

FishBowlRobot posted:

So he won't let go of a submission until he's pulled off of his opponent but thinks he has a TKO as soon as a ref gets close. Is there no middle ground with Paul Harris?

Bustamante tried using this incident to prove that Palhares isn't actually bad, because he claimed that Dan Miller was screaming "stop" and that's why Palhares showed mercy and started celebrating. Miller denied saying anything.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I remember seeing Singh Jaideep knock out Sergei Kharitonov in K1, and Michael Schiavello's commentary implying that it was a really embarrassing loss for Sergei.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Wasn't there a story about the UFC wanting Kurt Angle to be on the TUF Heavyweights season but he failed the physical?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The split sprawling technique didn't work out for JT

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sounds like they're also doing the rematch we've been waiting 12 years for, Sapp vs. Akebono 2.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The announcer was so sure that the Croatian woman was going to win, they declare it a draw and he just goes "...OK."

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
A Bob Sapp-ian performance by Maurice Jackson

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
lol the guy immediately takes a dive, gets disqualified and banned for life from the promotion

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It turns out all of those judges who thought Leonard Garcia won fights by aggressively swinging at air were right.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Triticum Guzzler posted:

also even though i know he's sub-usa kickboxing heavyweight level, hyun man myung has been beating up fat guys in mma and looks like he might fit in at bellator

the remaining participants in this tournament of dreams are: hong man choi, mighty mo, really fat chinese guy

They announced the next round of the tournament, it's Hong Man Choi vs. Chinese guy and Mighty Mo vs. Hyun Man Myung. Mo was supposed to fight that guy in the first round but they changed it to him beating up Choi Mu Bae for the second straight event, and Hong Man Choi looks so frail now that it's actually pretty sad to see him getting in the ring still.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mizuki Inoue missed weight for a fight in Deep and the way they punished her was to have the fight go on as planned, and when Inoue won with an armbar they just declared her the loser by DQ instead.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It actually wouldn't be a Sakuraba stoppage loss without the referee letting him get beaten half to death. They've dragged his unconscious body back through the ropes before.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Luigi Thirty posted:

I haven't watched the Sakuraba fight. Is Big John the one who let it go forever?

It wasn't, Sakuraba's fight had a Japanese ref.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm actually surprised they matched Gabi with somebody who is actually pretty big (even though she's a pro wrestler with minimal training) instead of sending in a tiny Japanese woman in a special openweight attraction.