Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

I think you need to show a degree of competency to be allowed to do that, don't you?

Hello lables and jurormen, I am of course your defendant, the policecop said I was over the limit and here in a minute I am going to show you that this is literally impossible for that to have happened *stammers on for four more minutes before shotgunning a case of O'Doul's*

Anyone can represent themselves in court, unless they're deemed unfit, but if you do you can't petition the judge to declare a mistrial based on incompetent representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bean Fried posted:

I ran out of people after 39. Take away her losses, take away her wins over a bunch of cans and a journeywomen, take away her glove touch KOs over decent fighters, take away her DQ loss to Cindy Dandois in an attempted glove touch KO in the 3rd round of a fight she was probably winning (Gaff dropped her but Dandois hung on so Gaff threw an illegal knee that opened up a giant gash in Dandois' forehead), and she still legitimately beasted Aisling Daly, which is enough of a win that there's really no one I can rank in front of her at #40. If you think of someone let me know.

:stare: she's like the antagonist in Million Dollar Baby.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It's problematic having two fighters, male and female who are both nicknamed Cyborg, were married to each other, have bad/dumb tattoos and are probably roided out of their minds. I could see either one fighting Manhoef in a sufficiently B-league promotion, and Gringo Super Fights sounds like that promotion.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Eh, the doctor barely looked at him. I'm not a medical expert, but I'd say a more thorough examination was warranted in that situation...

I'd be ok with a rule that says, "if your opponent's face touches the canvas between rounds, congratulations, you win."

Congratulations, you're grossly overqualified to be a B-league ringside doc, judge, ref or other position of oversight.

I agree though, corners shouldn't be afraid to throw in the towel if their fighter's in danger; the problem is that they're also vested in the fight, so they're also probably going to overlook their fighter's health trying to get the win.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'm probably going to go to Cage Fury Fighting Championship 36. I only recognize Lyman "Tiger Schulmann Karate" Good on the card and he's fighting a dude that's 0-0-0 so it should be B-league as heck.

I haven't been to Mennen arena since I was like 9 for an ice-skating birthday party. I remember the seating being kind of tight, I wonder if I should splurge on 'Silver' tickets at $75 or if the Gen Pop tickets at $55 would be sufficient.

VVV I stand corrected. The ticket website has Secor at 0-0-0, as well as most of the card.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 1, 2014

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'm going to CFFC 36 tonight, which is going to be broadcast on Comcast PPV. Tiger Schulmann's Finest versus Some Guy From TUF 19 is the main event, I'll try to write a trip report.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CFFC 36 report: $55 for a maybe $35 event. Some gross mismatches, gassy light heavyweights, early stoppages, and a straight up squash match by Lyman Good. Somehow Andy Main lost a split decision with one judge giving him 30-27 and his opponent 30-27 and 29-28.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

drat, just about to post this. Yesterday his twitter was all about how perfect they are together :ironicat::hf::staredog:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Ogantai posted:

Rumors are he came home early and found her loving Dan Stittgen. No idea if it's true or not.

Considering their career choices I would have expected that situation to end differently :downsrim:

There's also a Rob Emerson joke in here but :effort:

FrontRowBrian is reporting that she has a broken jaw and orbital, still can't speak.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

coconono posted:

Warmachine Update:
https://twitter.com/WarMachine170/status/498607128471666688
@ChristyMack I just wanted to see your face when I surprised you with the ring ...this is a nightmare. You're in my thoughts.

Popcorn!

Also I guess Jenna Jameson has been weighing in.

“@jennajameson: @WarMachine170 You nearly killed the woman that has stood by you. Make all the excuses you want, it just looks cowardly.”

Didn't Tito beat the poo poo out of her years ago? Cowardly is an understatement.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

War Machine update: Still at large, still delusional.

quote:

I'm not a bad guy, I went to surprise my gf, help her set up her show and to give her an engagement ring and ended up fighting for my life.

The cops will never give me fair play, never believe me. Still deciding what to do but at the end of the day it's all just heart breaking.

I only wish that man hadn't been there and that Christy & I would behappily engaged.I don't know y I'm so cursed.One day truth will come out

a lot of replies are 'kill yourself', but a surprising number are along the lines of 'We've all been there, bro' :catstare:

Also a paramedic tweeted that they found Mack at a neighbors house covered in blood like Carrie.

E: VV they couched it as "we found an adult film actress cowering and covered in blood at a neighbor's house after being brutally beaten by pro fighter boyfriend"

red19fire fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 11, 2014

red19fire
May 26, 2010

coconono posted:

I didn't realize MMA Fans are still twitchy about noted bad fighter, Fallon Fox. I got challenged to an MMA fight, guys :(

and by a Special Forces Ranger Sniper SEAL, no less.

The transphobia in that exchange is insane.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It's like HiP Show! Even has Russians involved.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Greg Jackson posted:

From what I've seen on his show it matches the old euphemism that most investigations are solved through snitching rather than sleuthing

Dog basically just went to the apartment complex of whoever paid the guy's bail money and said he'd call CPS if they don't tell him where the guy is. Repeat for 3 seasons. It's not too hard, you just have to deal with the dregs of society and be willing to be shot by someone who has skipped bail on their 3rd domestic violence strike.

Also the one episode I watched, his idiot sons were running around with paintball guns full of pepper spray.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

EvanSchenck posted:

On his A&E show about 90% of the people he chased were meth addicts who supported their habits with petty crime, not exactly supervillains. Plus he was primarily based in Hawaii so they couldn't even run. I doubt Dog bought his way into the bust since it was the US Marshals carrying out the arrest. They'd have just told him to gently caress off unless he was the one who supplied the tip. Most likely he talked to War Machine's friends and convinced them to turn him in for his own good, which is how he busted people about half the time on his TV show. I expected that War Machine was chilling in a hotel room somewhere but I thought every hotel wanted you to put down a credit card for deposit, which should have got him caught sooner.

Front Row Brian is saying that Chael tipped off the Marshals.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

TheReverend posted:

That would be awesome but I'm not giving my hopes up. I don't trust FRB to tell me the color of the sky.

FRB is basically Chael's PR/cheerleader, so absolutely take it with a grain of salt.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

hahaha War Machine was arrested because he was assaulting some poor woman in the hotel he was holed up in, so the police were called. Almost as dumb as tweeting his location.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Thank You.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Greg Jackson posted:

Go train Bonnar now :laugh:

Bonnar could probably get an entire camp's worth of former Tito training partners. That would be an awesome angle.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Invicta 10 will have Cyborg V Opponent TBD at 135 lbs.

If she can make weight and win, she might be fighting Rousey soon enough :allears: The question is whether she lost her gas tank and power in cutting so much muscle/steroids to make 135.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The time he comprehensively outstruck Leonard Garcia is somewhere in the top 10 moments.

Getting that dude on TUF with a McKenzie-tine twice in a row was probably his greatest achievement.

Also, guess who's back?

quote:

War Machine @WarMachine170

“It is terrible to die of thirst in the ocean. Must you salt your truth so heavily that it no longer even-quenches thirst?” – Nietzsche

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

I met Roxanne at this past Invicta card and she was very nice and pleasant, and that is the easiest and most powerful way for a woman to earn a nerd's undying affection so I can see why she is as popular as she is. Also you guys are dorks who are overthinking this and I'm sure she has an Office Space Michael Bolton reaction to people mentioning that song to her by now.

Like 75% of the tweets WMMA fighters get are generally calling them too muscular and/or trannies and/or requests for socks right after training sessions. So someone getting good reactions from the internet autist 'sharp knees' community is an overwhelming positive.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Rampage on UFC: 'stay with the devil you know'

I get the sense that Rampage wants to fight in a promotion that will give him a belt, 6 figure paycheck, and cans to crush all while he can eat whatever he wants and not train at all.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

And Bisping slipping off that pool table. Almost anything but the fights made TUF worthwhile.

E: :doh:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 19, 2014

red19fire
May 26, 2010

War Machine In Prison posted:

For the past two days I've been waiting for tonight: store night. It's my weekly mini Christmas, now I'm sitting here with two honey buns and two packs of pop tarts in my stomach…depressed. This is what my life has come to? In the blink of an eye my awesome little life became worthless. The woman who wanted to marry me now actively tries to ruin my life; she even adds lies to an already hosed situation, and she does so without remorse. Throughout my life I may have hurt loved ones while in fits of rage, but I could never even imagine hurting them with premeditation, cold calculation, and lies. That takes a sicker person then I. I get lost in good books, in daydreams… But they always end, leaving only cinderblock walls in their place. Newtonian physics is dead, quantum physics says that solid objects aren't solid at all…Broken down to the molecule…to the atom…to the electron- it's just energy. Then I should be able to find a way to reach right through those cinderblocks, walk right through them… Maybe somewhere, some monk knows how? I've seen photos of Indian yogis levitating; maybe they know how to move through walls as well? Maybe if you took a baby, and told them that they could, maybe their mind wouldn't be held to the same constraints as ours and they'd be able to walk right through the walls. If I were a king, I'd take a group of babies and raise them with the belief that they could do all sorts of things… See what type of magic unfolds. There is magic. Google: The Coral Castle in Florida; that guy knew the magic needed to build the pyramids; how? Who else knows magic? I wish I knew some. I'm a good person, I truly am, but I've made mistakes… I wish I knew magic so that I could go back and fix those mistakes; I hope I'm strong enough to never make those same mistakes again. I'm sorry for all the mistakes I've made, I'm sorry to all the love ones I've hurt, sorry to all the loved ones I've let down... I never meant to. I dream of my pets often, my pets and the gym… Sorry that daddy is no longer there; sorry that you're short a training partner, a coach, and a student. I hope I never see any of you behind these walls; think long and hard before you act, there's no rush; don't allow any room for regret to infiltrate its way into your life.

Jon continues to be a piece of poo poo from prison, adds 'moron pseudo-intellectual high school understanding of physics' to a growing list of reasons why.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 29, 2014

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hey Willie d I'm visiting london right now so if you need help going through jt's garbage let me know.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

willie_dee posted:

I might be in London this weekend, message me if you want to hang out.

drat, I'm leaving Friday. Spent all day in the v&a museum today.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Andrew McInnes posted:

As far as diet coaches and people like Dolce, well, I think Dolce is a fraud, and people are catching on to it. If you listen to one of his podcasts, it's the same generic rhetoric. It's all about "earth-grown nutrients and loving vegetables," poo poo like that. He's a complete loving fraud that couldn't make it with fighting, so he put some gold letters on a black t-shirt and became some guru.

Hopefully calling out Dolce will become as popular as calling out Bisping.

He also calls out McKenzie for a good laugh.

quote:

He's on the worst possible timeline. He's like this big gently caress-up, and ruined his whole career, doesn't train, acts like an rear end in a top hat, drinks all the time and everything else.

And Tibau is a 'clear cut juicer'.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I can't find this. Give.

BE has the whole chain: hair pull, headbutt, headbutt.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

individual865 posted:

I'm genuinely concerned I may have just watched someone die.

The extreme closeup of the guy dribbling blood from his mouth as he seizes is unsettling.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well at least you aren't being asked to take a massive rear end beating for good exposure like most Bellator fillers.

lmao.

totally going to try to be a seat filler for this.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Seltzer posted:

SFL stream quality for posterity.

pull the cartridge out and blow on it.

E: V loving Game Genie wrecked all my poo poo, has to sit just right or this happens.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 22, 2015

red19fire
May 26, 2010

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I'm surprised Fedor hasn't re-signed yet to get in on this because Bellator must be just dying to make any fight where people have heard of the fighters

An actual, reasonable accountant at VIacom probably vetoed whatever ridiculous contract terms and purse M-1 and Fedor asked for.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Per BE, Cyborg made $90k for her Invicta 11 fight, more than twice that of all the other fighters on the card combined :captainpop:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Melvin Guillard was pulled from tonight's card and cut from WSOF for talking poo poo about the promotion and missing medical deadlines. And missing weight twice in previous fights.

quote:

"To be honest, instead of being the World Series of Fighting champion I'd rather be in the UFC just fighting in the top 10 and probably never becoming the UFC world champion, if I had that option," Guillard said in the interview. "If I had the option to be the World Series champion right now, or go back to the UFC to finish off my career with the UFC, whether I get a title shot or not, I would take that UFC contract over a World Series [contract] any day."

Probably posted already, but Melvin is hilarious. He also talked a bunch of poo poo when he was cut from UFC, too.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Five Cent Deposit posted:

I don't know anything about anything but that Askren fight was real bad. His footwork looked downright non-existent. That's how he got knocked down by a low leg kick, isn't it? I dunno, he just looks out of position and off balance the whole time, those takedown attempts were hilarious. People are saying this is how he gets it done - wearing down the other guy with his wild and weird style and his relentless pace. Ok, I can see it working against fighters who are equally terrible or who are just completely caught off guard by his approach. But his fundamentals seemed completely missing, in every way, in those few minutes. Like I don't know how people can even call him a good wrestler. I mean, I've never trained anything but if I shot sloppy ankle picks from a mile away and relied on my chin to carry me through, and eventually after the tenth try I was able to hang on and drag a tired opponent down, would that make me a "good wrestler" or more importantly a "good MMA wrestler"? What does he do with his opponents once he has them down? Just breakdance all over their heads? Does he beat people up or just hold them down? Does he sub people? What I'm getting at is "Why does anyone think he's good?" when what I saw in that clip made me think he'd look like a literal child in the octagon against anyone in the top, I dunno, 20 or even more in the UFC? Is there any welterweight in the UFC who wouldn't kick or punch his head right out of the cage?

All of his defenders are saying "Well Sapo was gassing so Askren would have beaten him if the fight had continued." So is the key to beating Askren "Be as good as Sapo, but also have a gas tank"? Because that doesn't sound too hard for your mid level UFC guys, let alone the top 20.

Michael 'British Double' Bisping would be a dominant wrestler in OneFC.

That was kind of the joke when Askren was beefing with Dana last year (?) after he turned down a UFC contract, he's perfectly happy to wrestle cans for way more money than be in a crowded division with a way deeper talent pool.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

The Rock Bottom isn't truly a fighting move, per se

lmao.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

He should demand a trial by combat.

Still a good chance he'd lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Will we really be seeing more gasout fights? Don't some PEDs impede your cardio?

Hmm now that I think about it, what Mark Kerr described happening to him - gassing from using too many roids - seems a lot like what happened to Carwin vs Lesnar...

The Sphinxster posted:

You have to be careful because not all PEDs are roids. EPO is the first one that comes to mind. I don't think Lance was trying to get yoked.

The important thing is to tailor your chemical cocktail to your training. Different types of training and different PED's react differently.

Yeah, when Hendo was on TRT, he said when he took more than he was supposed to he could hit harder but his gas tank went to poo poo, so he tried to stay around the recommended 4:1 ratio. It's like the Vitor school of PED's, develop a ton of muscle/power via PED's, but you have to win early because moving around all that muscle mass will deplete your energy systems fast.

The other is to use more recovery-oriented PED's, such as EPO and hyperbaric chambers, etc, to recover faster from training so as to get more training in. Then you can cycle off before the fight while still retaining enough muscle memory and enough volume of training to do well in the fight. Almost like cramming before an exam. TRT will also have the same effect but to a lesser degree of a dedicated drug, it mainly enhances whatever type of training you do.