Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Man, the vibe here just tanked. My roommate was cooking a special Fedor Fight Meal and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Unfunny Poster posted:

I went to UFC on Fox: Diaz vs Miller at the Izod Center a few years ago and I think I paid $150 for like middle lower arena seating (not floor seating) which was really reasonable. Those prices are a bit silly to me. Then again I bought $50 to see Road FC next month in Seoul so...

My roommate is considering dragging me to NYC for Bellator. Last time we saw the UFC was the Fight Night in Portland's Moda Center, and we had eye level seats for about $80-90 apiece. Supposedly we'll have some work to do in NYC to offset the expense, but he's definitely more hyped for it than I am. If we go, and half the headlining fights get cancelled because of the usual fuckery, I'm taking him off the lease before we get home.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Quinton Jackson at 253 , Muhammad Lawal at 212

Wait, what?

:suspense:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
How does it compare to Forrest Griffin's books?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Marching Powder posted:

worse than the first, better than the second.

Fair enough. I just skimmed the second before I shipped it off to my SO.

Went through a phase of buying fighter auto biographies, and now I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking. I even have Matt Hughes's. What the hell is wrong with me.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

willie_dee posted:

It's horrible watching friends fight, a good friend of mine got brutally knocked out in BAMMA last night fighting for the title. His family wanted me sat with them upfront and not with the people I went with for his fight and I just lied and said he looks fine as he could barely stand. He is fine but it wasn't nice. Hard game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfh-T81LRzk

Adam Imhoff is a teammate of mine from back when I traned UFC. I shot that vid, which sucked for me, because our team had a table and I could have been ring-side with them. When I say "our team," I mean a bunch of fighters plus Adam's dad (our kickboxing coach), mom, step-dad, sister, sister's toddler, and girlfriend. The Imhoff family rolls deep.

We all freaked the gently caress out the moment the punch landed. I think you can see at the end where the camera goes shaky because The Bull and I were charging down the stairs to join the celebration. Ten seconds later, someone from the adjacent table started howling, "SHUT THE gently caress UP!" at us. The table next to ours was Nick Miller's entire team and family. poo poo. There's a lot of yelling and chest bumping and Adam's dad getting irate, but we managed to calm things down because, y'know, it's MMA. You accept the risk. We apologized for maybe being a little out of line, they apologized for being overly sensitive in the moment, and we all hugged. (God, I miss being in that community.)

Then things got more tense. The entire medical team was in the ring with Nick, strapping him to a board, trying to clear his airway, and eventually intubating him. I was off in the corner of our table, DMing Ryan Harkness from Fightlinker all, "Dude, if you see a headline about an amateur fighter dying in the ring tomorrow, call me." Fortunately, Nick regained consciousness in the hospital. Not sure if he ever fought again.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

he is going to kill someone and/or turn gay extremely quickly

He already found Jesus, so that's out of the way.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

coconono posted:

"He's seeing more openings than a gynecologist"

"I'd touch her with a 10 centimeter pole."

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

coconono posted:

the cup just keeps the balls from bursting, doesn't help any for the muscles and sensitive poo poo around the groin the cup gets driven into.

I've seen a number of guys on my team go down from the cup being out of position or smashing things along the way. It's not a force field, it's a piece of hard material floating somewhere near your genitals.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Bellator totally has Go-Bots versions of UFC fighters.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Oh boy, Tan Dan for a title fight.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
"I'm gonna read the news for a bit. See what's going on in politics."
"I have to pop another blister on the bottom of my foot."

Both things people in my household thought were better than watching this fight.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Bubba Smith posted:

what questions were left unanswered when these two guys fought a few years ago?

Whether or not they could incite the crowd to knock either of them out with a D-cell battery?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Mauro is so much worse than Goldberg

What, you don't appreciate wordplay like, "He has sleeping pills for fists!"? :colbert:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
That makes up for the last couple of stinkers :D

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

slev posted:

Just need wanderlei to get wrestled for 15 minutes to end this card perfectly

I'm glad you got what you wanted :3:

Dirt Road Junglist fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 25, 2017

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Soothing Vapors posted:

jesus christ the way he falls

And the way the ref just stands there like, "Yep, that's gonna be a good one."

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Fat Twitter Man posted:

*bangs fork on the table* Open. Weight. Grand. Prix.

*grabs fork and joins in*

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Skip My Posts posted:

doesnt dana white always say NOBODY has died in Mixed Martial Arts!

No one's died in the Octagon, yet.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

TheReverend posted:

Yeah you're not supposed to see it in professional competition because it's so 101 that you're not supposed to see it in amateur competition.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
*squints* Is that Kanye West up there?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

TheKingslayer posted:

Ben Henderson always sucked.

I liked him in MFC, but then again, that was MFC.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

kimbo305 posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/12/16464150/megabots-giant-robot-duel-live-stream-watch-twitch
"Commentary was provided by Mike Goldberg of the MMA and robotics expert Saura Naderi."
Goldie, you beautiful bastard.

So he's in a real life version of that one Deadmau5 video?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

JaySB posted:

I'm not sure of Tim Sylvia's grappling acumen but Fabiano Scherner is a legit black belt world champion.

Frank Mir snapped his arm, and Arlovski took his belt with a leg lock.

So...not great? Unless he's been training like a machine ever since, and I don't think "machine" is a word one would use to describe Tim Sylvia.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Holy poo poo, I didn't realize I missed Goldie til just now.

A Tribe Called Red is fantastic. Glad they got some publicity tonight.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Tito retired after beating Sonnen and so far has stayed retired. Which is funny because that fight was the best Tito has looked in a really long time but I guess he went out on a high note in that case if he never does come back.

He has been looking decent in recent grappling-only comps.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
My boyfriend's latest nickname for my cat is, "Jazzy Alpha Feline."

I had to share that with someone who might actually find it funny and not merely inexplicable.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

El Roncho posted:

I still remember sitting a group of my friends down to watch WEC. Telling them all how awesome Miguel Torres is no matter where the fight goes.

He then gets knocked out by Brian Bowles's one punch that he even throws making me look like an idiot. Since then he's just been depressing and this is just the melancholy whipped cream atop the depression Sunday. I see him going out like Hague but in a cage.

Same thing happened to me with Cro Cop and Gabe Gonzaga. Yeesh.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Read those cue cards with more emotion next time, Dillon and Big John.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

schweens posted:

Was Danis saying that fight was a jujitsu seminar? Because i didn't learn poo poo

Demand a refund. :10bux:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

I don't know how many of you guys are watching this on the Paramount channel but I cant believe how obnoxious they are with the commercials. Theyre frequent, and they play the same lovely bumpers for a serial killer show and bar rescue 2 or 3 times per break. Its annoying just having it on in the background. No wonder the viewership is tanking. Im confident however that the upcoming King Mo vs Bader "fight" will take Bellator to the promised land :gary:

Huh, the mobile app is alright. Actually works better than Fox Sports Go or NBC Sports.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

coconono posted:

Mark Hunt's become a much more well rounded fighter because he's learned how to efficiently fight his way back to standup. But that's like saying a polyhedron is more round than a cube. Mark Hunt is a polyhedron.

He's definitely more round than a cube.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Oh man, Rizin is giving me some real Pride feels tonight.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

CarlCX posted:

Ian McCall is one of those rare instances where someone is such a rampaging rear end in a top hat that it's okay to purely enjoy their precipitous fall from grace.

This. I liked him until I heard him talking, and after that I just couldn't anymore.

I think he was trying to apologize for being a thug as a teenager, but he ended up giggling over how cool he was instead, and ugh no.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

spb posted:

Were there any good fights on the Bellator card?

I caught the last part of the Aaron Pico fight, and it was a'ight. I mean, you get what you expect with Aaron Pico, so...

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Triticum Guzzler posted:

do you mean this in the good way or the bad way? he got totally poo poo on when he lost his debut but now that he's showing why he was hyped up before he'd even fought a single fight he looks like an amazing prospect

Oh yeah, I meant what you expect from Aaron Pico now that he's winning. Forgot about his ignominious debut for some reason.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I actually thought the IFL idea was kind of interesting. Having camps vs camps actually kind of works, though injuries are gonna gently caress it up.

Also, I still want a Wolfpak shirt.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

I'm imagining your Kreiger avatar touching himself to this news.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Machida has a great highlight reel.

Does someone have a GIF of the 4:59 KO of Thiago Silva? That's my favorite Machida KO, tho Rashad is a close second :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Captain Log posted:

Did he ever reveal what his new business venture was?

I thought it was something in the weed biz, but I'm not sure if that was a rumor or what.