Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TITO GONNA HOLD GOLD IN 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chromatic posted:

Did Shamrock just run out of arm strength on that choke? He had him RIGHT THERE

He gassed on a choke

He literally didn't prepare for Kimbo to be stuck like that for any longer than 10 seconds

Bromine posted:

So, is Bellator always like this?

I don't know, but damned if it didn't make me excited to see Tito in a title match later in the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that they're praising Kimbo for his power, completely ignoring the fact Shamrock gassed while keeping him still on the ground

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Auron posted:

I justed watched Bellator for the first time in a couple of years, but gently caress I cannot take that organization seriously. It gives of this cheezy pro-wrestling vibe with the garbage entrances and roidfreaks. How can anyone take this poo poo seriously if they really don't give a drat about their real fighters? Scott Coker is a dipshit.

It's the TNA of MMA and deserves to be treated as such

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kekekela posted:

I agree but the oh-so-close guillotine followed by the ko did seem like one of the shittier rocky movies.

A geriatric gassing holding a guy still and then being blown over by one punch after getting stood back up isn't even in the top 50 most unbelievable things to happen in MMA this year, and the year hasn't even lasted 6 full months yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fedor's considering a comeback

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

origami posted:

What is this Fedor news based on? There's a rumor he's coming back every few months it seems.

Meltzer talked to his agent

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

You'll never see him in UFC.

Agreed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kimbo Fedor
Shamrock Fedor
Tito Fedor
King Mo Fedor

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr.48 posted:

Even if he were to end up in the UFC it might be best for him to consider moving down to light-heavyweight. He was always a small heavyweight who relied on his skill and speed to take down bigger opponents, so with advancing age he should probably try to compensate for the loss of speed and stamina by moving to the lighter division.

fatherdog posted:

Compensate for the loss of speed and stamina by moving down into a lighter division where the other fighters are faster and better conditioned? Seems good.

Fedor vs Jon Jones in a retirement fight for the loser

Hell, that'd sell me a PPV

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope that poo poo's televised for free on Spike every event

Snowman_McK posted:

Didn't Bellator used to be the sensible one?

Hasn't been that way for a couple years at least

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh god that's actually going to be used for the one-night tournament with King Mo, and the main event of 2015 Tito fighting for a belt, that they announced on the Kimbo/Shamrock event :lol:

Yeah okay I'm ready for this clusterfuck to be aired

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That whole story's insane

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't wait

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's gonna be 2 pages of "OF COURSE"s when Tito wins the belt

I for one can't wait

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

loving :lol:

:ortiz:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HAHAHAHAHAH HE CAN'T EVEN PUT THE BELT ON RIGHT IN A GOOD GESTURE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amazing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Now have Tito commentate for the Fedor fight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current pro wrestler, retired sumo wrestler, former kickboxer (record: 1-8) and ex-K1 fighter (0-4) Akebono confirmed for the NYE Rizin show :laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

attackmole posted:

Remember when Ken Shamrock said he was gonna do a bare knuckle fight against James Quinn McDonagh earlier in the year? Was there ever any news about that after a vague announcement? Obviously it's a loving joke with next to no chance of happening, but they announced it in January claiming that it would happen in April and then it's just been radio silence since then. I was at least hoping for some train wreck twitter meltdowns and maybe some old school pikey youtube video rants.

It just never happened, he fought Kimbo in that hilarious event a month after it was supposed to happen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Droopy Goines posted:

I hope he fights Fedor.

quote:

The rumor is that Akebono vs Bob Sapp will be set at RIZIN New Years Eve show @ Saitama Super Arena.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New rumor is Kid Yamamoto vs Masato in a NYE kickboxing fight for an event competing with RIZIN

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Come on, first-round KO

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Come on, first-round KO

yay

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Some guy died cutting weight for a meaningless One FC fight. Also following his retirement tour, LeBanner is fighting a Lithuanian sumo wrestler on NYE. HAppy friday folks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mma/2015/12/11/death-weight-cutting-yang-jian-bing-mma/77143446/ Yang Jian Bing. Only 21, drat :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Already off to a wonderful start. Fighter coming in on super-short notice can't even get the gloves on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

So through two fights, we have the canniest can that ever canned, and a guy who I'm pretty sure got KOed off nothing.

Through three and we can add a guy getting one-punch murdered

Card of the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is hilarious

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

willie_dee posted:

I don't think they sold enough tickets, most of the bloody tables are empty!

People bailed after the injustice that was Invisible Liver Shot KO

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

i can't stop laughing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

Wait, both of these guys might have lovely tattoos.

There couldn't possibly be a fight between two somewhat vaguely real fighters, could there?

4 fights left, it was bound to happen at least once on the card

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

both taking the fight on short notice

This is an impressive card, and more need to be on Youtube/US TV imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol, even the announcer can't pretend to comprehend why that was stopped

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Commentator already making GBS threads on the fight, wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First round was poor but I didn't think that was that bad of a first female fight in SUPERKOMBAT. Boring but at least there weren't ridiculous things like there were in the rest of the fights

ed: Just as I say that, majority draw :lol: