Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

individual865 posted:

4PM EDT - COGA : Battle at the Bay VII: Link to come hopefully, card is headlined by "real life superhero" Phoenix Jones, aka. Ben Fodor, vs some dude, so should be amusing at least.

This guy is the biggest retard in Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Things that are irrefutably stupid to cry and make multiple posts about: someone using black guy as a descriptor, misogny

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I'm the Tito Ortiz of posting

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Nobutatsu Suzuki (c) vs Ben "Funky" Askren
Shinya "Tobikan Judan" Aoki (c) vs Kamal "Prince of Persia" Shalorus

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/AokiShalorus-SuzukiAskren-Set-for-One-FCs-First-Event-in-Dubai-on-Aug-29-70013

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
ONE FC @ONEFCMMA · 6h
NEWS ALERT: MMA Superstar Brandon Vera has officially signed with ONE FC, Asia’s largest MMA organization. @Verafied @victoronefc

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Fedor definitely deserves to be in the MMA HoF, if it were to exist

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Ogantai posted:

He's 4-3 in sanctioned competitions and his best win is over Tim Sylvia. Ain't poo poo, never was.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Damon Jackson is a beast

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellator signed Hideo Tokoro

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

I like this better than Newton/Rampage

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Mamed Khalidov

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellator 127

Daniel Straus (22-5) vs. Justin Wilcox (14-6) [Main Event]

Karo Parisyan (24-10) vs. Marius Zaromskis (20-8)

Kendall Grove (19-14) vs. Christian M’Pumbu (18-6)

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Scott Coker is going to spend more than ever with Viacom behind him, I don't think cutting costs is in his gameplan, rebuilding Bellator's image is his main challenge is probably why Eddie Alvarez got released

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Less events but bigger contracts, I'm guessing. Coker has all ready voiced that he is happy to be backed by Viacom

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Veigh destroyed Travis Wiuff and has otherwise been an extremely boring fighter

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Emmanuel Newton destroyed King Mo and has otherwise been an extremely boring fighter.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

kensei posted:

Link me to the detail on this please?

quote:

Jim Ross, a pro wrestling Hall of Fame announcer who has made no secret about his desire to broadcast mixed martial arts, will be teaming with controversial fighter Chael Sonnen, in doing the broadcasting for Battleground MMA, a pay-per-view show from the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla., on Oct. 3.

Negotiations had been dating back a few months to land the Ross/Sonnen combination.

Ross, who started announcing pro wrestling nearly 40 years ago in Tulsa, has done football with the Atlanta Falcons and the XFL, amateur wrestling, and most recently pro boxing, but is far better known for his work in pro wrestling. He began in that genre working for former NCAA champion wrestler Leroy McGuirk out of Tulsa in the 1970s, and went on to work for Mid South Wrestling, Jim Crockett Promotions, World Championship Wrestling, Smoky Mountain Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment where at one time he was also Vice President of Talent Relations..

Since leaving WWE one year ago and becoming a Podcast host, Ross has talked of his desire to announce MMA. It is possible he has broadcasted more pay-per-view events than any announcer in the world. He was voted announcer of the year in pro wrestling 14 times.

Sonnen, who is on a two-year suspension and has announced his retirement as a fighter, will be broadcasting his first pay-per-view event, although he did analyst work for FOX before being let go from both the network and the UFC after failing two drug tests earlier this year.

The show harkens back to the old days of mixed martial arts, with an eight-man tournament in the welterweight division. The tournament features six former UFC fighters, in Dennis Hallman (53-15-2), Brock Larson (37-8), Roan Carneiro (17-9), Luigi Fiorvanti (24-11), Cody McKenzie (15-4) and David Mitchell (14-4). Also in the tournament is former Strikeforce fighter Trey Houston (10-2) and two-time All-American wrestler Chris Honeycutt (4-0).

Honeycutt is the least experienced fighter, but also unique in that he was second in the 2012 NCAA tournament at 197 pounds, wrestling for Edinboro College. He moved to California to train under former NCAA champion and UFC star Josh Koscheck, but will compete here at 170.

The main event on the show pits Ryan Couture (8-3), the son of MMA Hall of Famer Randy Couture, against Jonny Carson (11-6).

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/3/6104221/jim-ross-chael-sonnen-team-up-as-announcers-on-battleground-mma-ppv

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I'm going for chris honeycutt

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Marlon Moraes is the coolest fighter fighting this weekend

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
this weekends mma schedule

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2362812/This-Week-in-MMACombat-Sports---Sept-11th---13th

ridiculous amount of MMA + a mayweather fight

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Why the hell is Cody Bollinger fighting Marlon Moraes? That makes no loving sense.

Who should marlon moraes fight?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Is there a bracket + start time for this Battlegrounds tournament?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellator is cool

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Give Dave Jansen his title shot

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Tito Ortiz tricked Stephen Bonnar into accepting a spy into his camp

http://www.mmaweekly.com/tito-ortiz-says-he-turned-the-tables-on-stephan-bonnar-and-dana-white

Lord Waffle Beard fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 11, 2014

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
edit: wrong topci

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
"You better stop these punches from hitting your face...Because I'm kicking your rear end"

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205100886500501&set=vb.1194011170&type=2&theater

Countdown to Tito vs Bonnar

http://www.spike.com/episodes/dgxqkb/bellator-mma-countdown-to-tito-vs-bonnar-season-14-ep-special

Lord Waffle Beard fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 12, 2014

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26EaXLQIbQQ

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Good news everyone, Leonard Garcia just retired from pro MMA

Thats good news to a retarded human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Tito Ortiz: $300,000
Stephan Bonnar: $100,000
Ortiz def. Bonnar via split decision

Will Brooks: $62,000 ($31,000 to show, $31,000 to win)
Michael Chandler: $25,000
Brooks def. Chandler via technical knockout

Joe Schilling: $25,000
Melvin Manhoef: $10,000
Schilling def. Manhoef via knockout

Mike Richman: $30,000 ($20,000 to show, $10,000 to win)
Nam Phan: $5,600
Richman def. Phan via knockout

Muhammed Lawal: $10,000
Joe Vedepo: $10,000
Lawal def. Vedepo via technical knockout

Joao Faria: $5,000 ($2,500 to show, $2,500 to win)
Ian Butler: $1,500
Faria def. Butler via submission

A.J. Matthews: $10,000 ($5,000 to show, $5,000 to win)
Kyle Bolt: $2,000
Matthews def. Bolt via knockout

Jonathan Santa Maria: $4,000 ($2,000 to show, $2,000 to win)
Ron Henderson: $2,000
Santa Maria def. Henderson via split decision

Andy Murad: $8,000 ($4,000 to show, $4,000 to win)
Bubba Pugh: $2,000
Murad def. Pugh via split decision

Nicolas Garcia: $8,000 ($4,000 to show, $4,000 to win)
Matthew Ramirez: $2,000
Garcia def. Ramirez via submission

Jordan Bailey: $5,000 ($2,500 to show, $2,500 to win)
Alex Higley: $1,500
Bailey def. Higley via submission

Rolando Perez: $2,000
Mark Vorgeas: $2,000
Perez fought Vorgeas to a split draw

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bubba jenkins vs George karakanyan @ bellator 132

Michael "MVP" page vs Cody Bollinger @ bellator 133

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
nvnm i was half listening, its a guy named Curtis Millender

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

quote:

"I have an opportunity to fight someone like Rampage Jackson who beat King Mo," said Ortiz. "Why would I waste my two fights on somebody who doesn't make any sense. It's a lose/lose situation. If I beat him, I'm supposed to beat him. I lose to him, look I lost to King Mo. It's a dumb fight. The guy is a nonsense fighter, he's a journeyman. It doesn't really matter.. I mean he just talks like a street hood rat. This guy just didn't make sense to me."

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Scott Coker with Viacom $ owns

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
What yime does RFA start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
He just admitted he was trying to kill him