Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

unf posted:

I was happy about this for about a second before I realized they'll probably get Schiavello to replace him.
They got Bas last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Bean Fried posted:

FW needs anyone they can get.
Is Marina Shafir still happily submitting amateurs?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

colonel_korn posted:

Holly Holm kicked another lady in the head

18MB gif ahoy

Apparently there's some discussion of doing a stand-alone Holm vs Cyborg PPV, but that seems kinda farfetched to me.
And apparently broke her arm in the process, so any Cyborg fight might have to wait a while.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Greg Jackson posted:

I could have met Ricci at my gym one time but I didn't know about it because I had closed my facebook account :saddowns:
Well maybe you should go to the gym instead of being on the internet :shrug:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
So apparently Gabi Garcia is going to MMA. ...debuting against a 42 year old Japanese bantamweight.

Somehow I don't see that ending well.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Bluedeanie posted:

Why is Peggy Morgan still fighting?
Is that the word for this?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
She also took the fight on 2 weeks notice so eh.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

1st AD posted:

Dandois looks like the least athletic fighter on this card by far, how did she become a fighter?
She did judo and then some fighting and then quit until Miesha brought her in to prepare for Ronda.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Solomonic posted:

"I don't think cutting to atomweight was a good move for Tiburcio," says Julie Kedzie, shortly before her handpicked challenger (the first in three events that isn't a little Japanese grandma) shitcans the champion despite having slightly less MMA experience than my cat
Your cat has more than 11 pro fights?

Also, when I noticed Kedzie she was talking about how Tiburcio looked stronger at atomweight.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Captain Log posted:

What happened?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

fatherdog posted:

How do I watch this thing
http://www.kswtv.com/

Or you could look for an unauthorised stream, I suppose.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

LobsterMobster posted:

Eating pig slop during formative years or taking a technical submission (umbilical choke) upon birth - which is more damaging for a fighter's cognitive abilities?
Ronda doesn't seem that bad off.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dude, steroids don't make you literally get taller and grow a broader collarbone.
She's 173 cm tall, which, while tall-ish, is below average for the sport she started in (handball) and on par with several 135-pounders. She isn't that huge if you take away the muscle.

And yea, she's been bulking up the past couple of years after declining the first offer of a UFC contract because reasons. :ortiz:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Le Saboteur posted:

Neither Bantamweight made weight for the Invicta 14 main event title fight although Evinger was only 0.2 lbs over 135. Pannie came in at 136.7 or something.
Evinger almost lost her belt too but managed to cut down. Apparently a bunch of fighters missed weight, was there something wrong with the scale they used to test their cuts?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

double negative posted:

cool fight but someone really needs to stop julie kedzie
Careful what you wish for, the last time that happened we got Miesha Tate as champion.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Funny how the UFC cut Angela Hill but still has Jessamyn Duke signed.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

CommonShore posted:

Whatever. If my choice is seeing cool fighters get fights in invicta or seeing them stay in limbo and not get fights while signed to the UFC, I'll take seeing the cool fighters.
Yes but that's not your choice here; it's seeing cool fighters get thrown to the wolves in the UFC, get cut and then go beat up people in Invicta and bad fighters keep their UFC contract while getting beat up in Invicta and probably making more money.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Joachim Hansen has been hospitalised and people are talking about it like it's a drug overdose :(
Only source I've seen is Norwegian, and the use of the word 'Rehabilitation' may just be a poor choice of words. Could mean he just needs some time to recover from whatever it is.
Either way, I hope he recovers!

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Le Saboteur posted:

Offensively Hill seems a bit more tentative than she has in her past few fights.
Looked like she burnt herself out on the triangle attempt in the first, she seemed a lot less bouncy after the fight went back to the feet.

That's how she felt herself also, apparently:

And while there were some really strange calls from the refs, yelling at Evinger may not have been one of them:

fatherdog posted:

lol, win so unexpected they didn't bother to have a Russian translator on-hand
Well, she knew a little English at least, so they didn't skip over her entirely like they did when Tiburcio beat Waterson.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
She's stomping.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
The Internet told me she is and I'm going not let some strangers on the Internet tell me otherwise!

But tbh I can see the argument either way. Not going to blame the ref for calling that a stomp, though, with the way she shifts her weight.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

DeimosRising posted:

And he's a tattooed Germanic Euro fighter who I"m preeeety sure isn't a neo Nazi, a rare and fine combination.
I seem to recall that a no-longer-posting goon (Dante?) who grew up as a second-generation immigrant in Oslo claimed he was affiliated with some white supremacy people in his teens but distanced himself from them since.

Either way, I still hope he'll be fine.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

fatherdog posted:

Kedzie's also Invicta's matchmaker iirc
Not anymore, she started studying so Kaitlin Young has taken over the matchmaking thing.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Marching Powder posted:

you don't need to be under the chin to submit someone but you do if you want to choke them as far as i know. the color change was probably due to the immense pressure on his face and the fact that sonnen changes color very easily.

fatherdog would know so I'm just gonna quote him:

fatherdog posted:

Her neck was being cranked past the point it's supposed to go.

EDIT: Also, you can actually put somebody unconscious with a facelock, aka "RNC on the jaw" - it compresses the jaw against the nerve that runs behind it, and can cause people to pass out.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
In MMA news, ACB will have to get Visas for a bunch of Russian officials for their upcoming UK show because all the UK officials are boycotting them.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Captain Log posted:

Holy poo poo, a corner being a corner. We need more of that. :stares at a picture of BJ Penn's entire career:
A Dennis Hallman in every corner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Bad Mr Frosty posted:

He has already probated more times than fatherdog did in his last two years.
I presume you can back this up with stats? And even if he has he's also had more idiots baiting him than fatherdog did so it's a faulty comparison.