Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
"I feel like a monster baby!" *swigs monster energy drink*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
My god, so much cheating
That fight should have been 0-0

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Jake called out Fitch, my night is complete

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Chris Barnett is cool cause he's a 300lbs+ lardo that somehow has better cardio than most middleweights.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
it's taken decades but finally "TKO (Hadouken)" is a real thing

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
And the NEW, Bellator Middleweight Champion of the World...

vacant

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
This is Dan Lariviere, the guy who just fought
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPUGDjR7suI

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Bellator just announced the signed Koscheck?
:laffo: you can't make this poo poo up

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/6/8900271/bellator-alexander-shlemenko-ped-scandal-governmet-f-america-mma-news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TnVhdssorw

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/former-ufc-title-challenger-current-wsof-contender-yushin-okami-dropping-to-welterweight

Yeah, I'm sure this will end well. Maybe we'll get to see the long awaited Shields/Okami rematch. That first one was a real barn burner.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/abdelaziz-commission-held-palhares-win-bonus-champ-could-be-stripped-of-wsof-belt

The NSAC is withholding Palhares win bonus. WSOF is gonna "investigate" and decide whether or not to strip/release him. Since it's WSOF they'll probably ignore this and do a rematch because if Palhares wasn't around crippling people the belt would be continually contested by Fitch, Okami and Shields and no one wants that.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think he's a bit of both.

The best part about this was Palhares immediately getting dropped as soon as the fight restarted

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Either this fight is fixed or this ref is garbage, probably both

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Ref ignored 3, possibly 4 legit knockdowns, took a point from Cavalari without warning him, then warned him when Mwekassa was the one diving into clinch and Cavalari was throwing knees every time they went there. That was a farce.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/25/9399765/darrion-caldwell-back-flips-into-bellator-camerawoman

from the bellator prelims

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Scotty is half Japanese. Despite turning him into a white man the disease also paradoxically turned him into a Japanese fighter.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Inside MMA is saying Fedor is fighting Kohsaka
lol

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

CommonShore posted:

OH poo poo. Ok. Well from what I see now the Askren fight was eventually cancelled due to weigh-in shenanigans.

Yeah, Santos weighed in at 172lbs. Askren's team then stipulated that he would fight him in a non-title bout provided neither of them weighed more than 190lbs at fight time. Sapo refused because he's a giant roided baby and was probably already back up to 200lbs+

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
2 out of the 4 WSOF quarterfinal winners are injured. The guys they beat took their place. The only winners still in the semifinals are Palomino and Zeferino.

I love tournaments

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

LobsterMobster posted:

wait, the guy ricci knocked cold is in his place? :wtc:

Miscounted, Zeferino didn't get injured

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
...and the winner of the WSOF Lightweight Tournament is...The guy who lost in the first round!!!

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
The Pancrase main event was awesome, everyone should watch it. Also Kento Kanbe is only 19 and seems to be a legit prospect. It's too bad he has to commit to a new weight class. Hopefully he goes up to 125 instead of down to 115 so he can fight real competition.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
That ref was a monster, it should have been stopped way earlier and he still waited for the corner to throw the towel

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Yeah, he might as well go for 170 first. Without Askren it's just an abandoned division. If he can get that title, they could hype a 155 superfight. Will Brooks is fast, powerful and diverse as a fighter and is on pretty much every top 10 list at this point. Meanwhile, Koreshkov is just a dorky looking Russian kid with no discernible strengths that nobody has heard of or cares about. It's pretty obvious which is the easiest path to a belt.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/contract-disputes-see-jake-shields-out-at-wsof-30-jon-fitch-now-meets-joao-zeferino

Terrible news Shields/Fitch is off. Jake didn't want to take the fight because he would get locked into a WSOF champion contract, a place that no one wants to be. Fitch is now gonna fight Zeferino, a lightweight who recently lost the WSOF lightweight tournament to Brian Foster despite defeating Foster in the quarterfinals.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of a weight cut larger than 21 pounds, who was Ian McCall that one time and he nearly died. And he wasn't fighting Kimbo Slice he was fighting an all-time great. Actually I do think I've heard of a weight cut at like 25 pounds once and it was some Brazilian in Bittitti combate who died the next day.

Brock and Carwin used to regularly cut 30lbs to make 265. Of course, they were also real athletes and not covered in flab.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/mauro-ranallo-joins-axs-tvs-inside-mma-as-host-alongside-ex-pride-partner-rutten

It seems Kenny Rice is finally bored of being awful as he's leaving Inside MMA. AXS apparently decided to just say gently caress it and replace him with Mauro.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Bluedeanie posted:

At this point I think Gaethje stood up a wikipedia editor's sister for prom 10 years ago and this is a personal vendetta, the man should have a page by now.

He's had a page all ready to post for ages but it keeps getting rejected by one guy because wikipedia doesn't consider WSoF to be a notable org. Honestly, I can't fault that logic.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Rena is fighting some girl from Chute Boxe who doesn't seem to have any MMA fights on the next Rizin card, and Rampage is fighting some Japanese guy in Bellator in June. He said he was "too embarrassed" to say who. Maybe Ken Hasegawa

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/bellator-157-dynamite-2-heads-to-st-louis-in-june-with-rampage-vs-satoshi-ishii

So uh yeah, Rampage is fighting Ishii at the next Bellator Dynamite show. It's a 215lb catchweight, what a shocker

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
that was everything i expected from mayhem's return

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
why? why would anyone try to engage with sokoudjou at all in the first 2 minutes of a fight?

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
it's cool that the secret to defeating palhares is to just spaz out with reckless strikes when he shoots in

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
the commentator keeps calling the cage an octagon despite the fact that it is clearly a circle

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
I don't know why but WSoF set up a brother vs brother fight for their next card. Phoenix Jones vs Caros Fodor is official.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
I have no problem with the japanese guy losing a crooked decision in america

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's on tv live here but i'm not watching it

It's not actually live on channel 5 for some reason. The Carmont fight just ended but sherdog already has the results of the Mitrione fight.

Bellator

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
you can tell rickels lost because half the audience had already left before the ref raised melvin's hand

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
drysdale was still gasping for air on inside mma and looked like he was about to vomit the whole time

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Aside from the shady commission, Bellator's only other reason to go to Mulvane is because they have Rickels. His house is a 5 minute drive from the venue so everyone around knows him and just putting him on a card there ensures a good gate. He's basically the only fighter in Bellator that can sell out a venue.

Also most people seem to come only for him, because win or lose half the crowd just leaves after his fight is over, whether or not he was in the main event, which give some insight into how little Bellator attendees actually care about Bellator's "good" fighters. Probably the reason that they fill their prelims with locals that no one outside the area has ever heard of and run more postliminary fights after the main event ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Le Saboteur posted:

Are there any other notable fights on the Bellator card other than the Benson one?

Not really, Baby Slice is out injured so other than Bendo/Pitbull it's a pretty lackluster card.

AJ McKee is fighting, but unlike his dad he's actually entertaining and finishes his fights so that's something worth seeing.

Bubba Jenkins is rematching a guy who choked him out in a minute for some reason.

The prelims are barren except for Joey Davis's Bellator debut. Might be interesting to see if he's good. The last undefeated 4-time NCAA champion was bad at MMA and was still calling himself "The Prospect" in his 30s as he got choked out by Cody McKenzie, so who knows.