Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

It's still not as outrageous as K-1 WGP Champion Mirko CroCop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

In WSOF news, a friend of mine just got signed.
http://mmamayhemradio.com/2013/11/world-series-of-fighting-signs-heavyweight-scott-the-bear-barrett-welterweight-valdir-bbmonster-araujo/

(He's the non-Brazillian).

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Sandbox fighting is now the best fighting.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Didn't they bring in Lombard without really "legitimizing" Bellator?

They wanted to bring in Alvarez too I'm not sure why Askren gets the rough treatment.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

know bjj and wrestling are two different things but i thought they were close cousins or something

But not close enough that being good at one passively helps you be good at the other.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah it seems like malnourished second-world dudes fight with 2/3 of the fight being a guy unable to finish a triangle.

Did you link the right fight?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Just add dramatic music and shots in black and white to make boring GI grappling TV worthy

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

coconono posted:

I wanna be in a tournament where the winner gets a dog. That's cool.

Just please not Bellator!!!

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Anyone care enough for me to make a WSoF 8 GDT?

Just Gaethje is pretty cool, and hopefully Rumble can loving murder noted garbage-person Mike Kyle.

Are you making the thread? I have an old training partner on the prelims and I want to know how to watch!

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Who is the training partner?

Scott Barrett:

I use the term somewhat loosely (or at least in a pretty uncompetitive manner). He is so much bigger than me but sometimes there wouldn't be anyone training that was bigger than me but less than him and guess who got to train with him?

I remember one time he was getting ready for a fight and he said he wanted to make sure he had the cardio so he ground and pounded me for 15 minutes. It was great awful.

TheReverend fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 17, 2014

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Sadly, he did :(

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Bean Fried posted:

So, I updated my dumb blog with my Strawweight and Bantamweight Top 40s, only now they're all pretty and poo poo with like 120 hyperlinks.

Mods rename Bean Fried as 'WMMA Casey Kasem'

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I didn't see a single gringo on their roster.
Misleading to say the least.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

A guy with 100 fights against a guy with none is not a mismatch.

In Japan :japan:

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

My MMA twitter success/failure story is I woke up and saw Shane Carwin proposing various Stikeforce/UFC matchups and I tweeted something like "lol that'll never happen" and he replied "now that Dana owns both, why not?" and that's how I learned Strikeforce got bought out.

Oh and Chael gave me first time home buyer advice.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

3 fights, homie.

n/m: you're sneaky.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'm thinking Aoki won't fight in the US because they won't let him wear his cool pants.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

With Lawlor v.s. Brown this weekend a lot of B league hype is going unnoticed.

Just a reminder that Phil Baroni and Karo Parisyan will be fighting on July 25.

They say that every cigarette takes so many minutes off your life my goal for the next few days is to smoke as fast as possible that I transport myself back in time about 9-10 years so watching this fight become a relevant match-up.

This is probably the worst fight because whoever loses in going to have another mental breakdown and despite their flaws I like them both enough to not want them to be put in that sort of situation :(

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

red19fire posted:

Also the one episode I watched, his idiot sons were running around with paintball guns full of pepper spray.

I know a little about bond recovery (bounty hunting) and most agents I've met carry real guns for the real danger involved. Dog, on the other hand, is a convicted felon so he has to improvise.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

red19fire posted:

Front Row Brian is saying that Chael tipped off the Marshals.
That would be awesome but I'm not giving my hopes up. I don't trust FRB to tell me the color of the sky.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

1st AD posted:

Well at least Chael will get one last payday here.

FRB says he is donating it to undisclosed recipients.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

lmao

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Bellator will be a Zuffa property in 18 months.
Could they be liable at that point for an anti-trust lawsuit?

If I remember correctly (and I probably don't) some people brought that up when they bought Strikeforce but the response was "hey don't worry there's still Bellator".

I mean, I guess there's WSOF but I'd be nervous about buying Bellator even if it's awful and needs to be bought up.

But then again nobody gives a poo poo about NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA,etc.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Favorite Mighty Mo'ment was when Barnett kicked him in the balls 4 seconds into their fight of Dream 13. Barnett spent the next 20 minutes standing in his corner while more and more Japanese doctors came to fondle his balls (at one point even covering him with a towel).

He said "gently caress it , I'm done" and more and more Japanese businessmen came by presumably to throw him more money so their co-main event actually happens.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Congrats Yuriy for showing up in my twitter feed being retweeted by lenne.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah I think he said he was a thai pad holder.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Holy gently caress, I thought Cody was going to be the undersized guy. I didn't know he moved up 3 weight classes. Thought maybe he'd do some no-cut/low-cut slumdog lightweight fights for rent money or something but Jesus. He's the anti Kenny Florian.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

He used to train at my gym from time to time.

Sometimes we'd be training and he'd be the biggest guy in the room.

What's worse is that sometimes I was the second biggest guy in the room.

(usually he brought his buddy with him who is much better suited : http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Scott-Barrett-39344)

TheReverend fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 17, 2014

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yuriy posted:

SFL would be Wiseau, Oplot would be movies that only show up in 8mm or a film made by Serbians

Srđan Spasojević

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Dave Vitkay is the man!

Fun fact: Legacy will be held at "Wild Bill's", home of Wild Bill's Fight Night.

It's also being co-promoted with the Wild Bills Fight Night promoter (who saw the writing on the wall that his promotion was named something stupid and hence changed it to NFC), noted narcissist "Dana White of Atlanta" David Oblas.

Hopefully the Legacy people are doing the bulk of the production but if Oblas has his way be prepared to see his buddy (a 50 year old man with a pony tail) incorrectly read the results of the fights.

Noted highlights include:
-And the winner by judges decision... Jake Roberts!!! ........I'm sorry folks , my mistake, the real winner is Alex Brown!!!!!.
-And the winner by a kimura choke... Jason Cooper!

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

The new 'A Clockwork Orange' reboot looks dope.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Clenbuterol
Trenbolone
Anavar

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'm glad I watched this train-wreck.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Handwriting is on point though.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

What benefit is there to even having an open workout when your fighter is DADA 5000?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Armenia is the new Thailand I guess

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

You can't go wrong watching old K1 WGPs

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Don't dox yourself.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I miss the superhulk tournament.