Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Well, this is an odd one. Remember that Korean guy that was supposed to fight Nick Diaz a million years ago on the Frank Shamrock/Cung Le card, but ended up getting guillotined in seconds by Drew Fickett? He just retired Mach Sakurai, but wasn't even supposed to be fighting.

Mach was holding his own event and was supposed to fight Shamar Bailey. Naturally he wasn't going to make weight, so he negotiated a catchweight and then also blew that, so Bailey refused the fight. Jae Suk Lim was there to corner someone else, borrowed some shorts and won by TKO.

A weird ending to an equally weird career. Thanks for killing Trigg and Aoki, enjoy getting fatter than ever.

My god, it's so rare for guys that stick around too long to end their career with a sweet moment, but this is definitely one of the most embarrassing ones. Thanks for all the amazing and equally disappointing memories Mach. I hope you can create a better wave of jap fighters with your own hands than what you've sat and watched the regional industry fail at doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
Another sad loss for Jens Pulver as he loses to a 9 year old
http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/former-ufc-champ-jens-pulver-fight-loses-to-9-year-old-boy-with-heart-condition-060214

Kudos to the fight org for putting that on for the kid.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Sprecherscrow posted:

The most surprising part of this for me is that Mayhem is allowed out of the country.

Probably in hopes he doesn't ever make it back