Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Tabletops posted:

thank you!

has anyone tried kingdom of terra?

Kingdom of Terra are fun as hell but also probably not something you personally want to pilot. A lot of their ships are literally melee focused with various drills, punches, tailslams and other assorted nonsense. A lot of really inventive stuff that upsets how you normally would use ships or fight against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

OwlFancier posted:

Something I saw on the forums that looks new and interesting: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20845.0

Basically looks like chalice dungeons except using the gates. Roll random systems and fight stuff in them for loot. Supposedly to eventually include random factions too.

This sounds awesome. Will it work if dropped into an existing save?

e: didn't read, apparently it does

Cantorsdust
Aug 9, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

OwlFancier posted:

Something I saw on the forums that looks new and interesting: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20845.0

Basically looks like chalice dungeons except using the gates. Roll random systems and fight stuff in them for loot. Supposedly to eventually include random factions too.

Oh thatís great. That should get pulled into the base game thatís so good.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

I can see making new gimmicky mini-factions for use in that scenario becoming its own genre of mod; an exciting prospect to be sure.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is a powerful visual metaphor for my posting.

I really wish there was a way to move stellar shades, make it super involved and require you to tow them across the sector like a mothballed ship, but all the planets I find with them are dogshit so I never get to use them.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Gold is for the Mistress - silver for the maid.
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron - Cold Iron - is master of them all."

I'm only now understanding the power of Cryosleepers, but I've already colonized two systems of two planets each so If I wanted to colonize the 3 inhabitable worlds system with a cryo sleeper in-system I'd have to get on with AI cores or do some modding

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Okay; if you guys have downloaded Shadowyards already, the current release has a crash in one ship system that I'm not gonna do a full release to fix, so here's a patch for it: https://github.com/MShadowy/shadowyards/releases/download/0.9.5-rc3/drop-contents-into-jars.zip

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Xerxes17 posted:

I'm only now understanding the power of Cryosleepers, but I've already colonized two systems of two planets each so If I wanted to colonize the 3 inhabitable worlds system with a cryo sleeper in-system I'd have to get on with AI cores or do some modding

They have a radius of 10 light years now, so it doesnít have to be in-system.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

aaaaaaAAAAAHHHHHH

Dammit!

All these good mods getting updated and I haven't yet finished the main plot line! Slow down!
Or maybe, speed up so I can choke my system with mods for my next run.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

I'm still mucking around in vanilla honestly. I usually go a couple playthroughs. First is always high tech and then second I pick as much low tech junk as I can before slowly my fleet somehow ends up high tech again like my first one.
This patch has been absolute fire. I like the idea of contacts though I dunno if we should need story points to suspend talking to them. I feel like it's just something you should be able to organise in priority yourself depending on where you're at in the game.

Current story has strong hints you'll be able to branch out further on how you solve missions depending on your choice of allies, opponents and your methods. I went hard on my marine force but a lot of battles seem like you've the potential to intimidate or persuade out of.

OwlFancier posted:

Definitely keeping an eye on mods like this. We've had some incredible faction mods but more gameplay/storyline styled mods would be amazing and I suspect this patch might be the one that makes that easier.

ErKeL fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 15, 2021

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

ErKeL posted:

I like the idea of contacts though I dunno if we should need story points to suspend talking to them. I feel like it's just something you should be able to organise in priority yourself depending on where you're at in the game.

Not sure if you realise this but it's only a story point if you want to keep them around for later, you can delete them for free at any time.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Vengarr posted:

They have a radius of 10 light years now, so it doesnít have to be in-system.

They degrade in usefulness over that 10 light years. at 9.5 it was basically worthless. A bonus of .03% pop growth or some such.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

AtillatheBum posted:

I think I hit the ultimate jackpot of systems, 9 planets including a terran world with +1 farming and organics(and no transplutonics), a desert world, a volcanic with both ultrarich ores, and a gas giant with +2 volatiles. The crowning jewel is a cryosleeper in-system and a hypershunt within range. Holy gently caress. I think the only obvious thing it's missing is an airless world for improved refining and fuel production.

A fully upgraded cryosleeper in system gives you +90 pop growth btw. Lmao

What is the system, tho.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

This is a much more appealing end game to me than Nexrelin I must say, very neat.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

TescoBag posted:

Anyone know if there is a mod out to reduce/remove all the skill limitations?

If you mean the ones with diminishing returns after 180 DP etc., there's this.

If you mean the skill tree, you can raise the maximum level or ignore all requirements. I haven't tried the latter though.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm going to need a seed and a list of mods, because holy poo poo is my game full of 250% hazard worlds.

No mods were installed when I generated the character so should be good to go with any vanilla install. Seed is AN-3739777297336870176

This seed has a ton of good systems right near the core worlds too, off the top of my head there's a desert+arid system with some decent secondary planets and a gate, a 2x jungle world system with 1 extra planet, and a system with 1 jungle planet but a ton of great secondary planets with a domain comm relay in-system and another hypershunt nearby.

Infidelicious posted:

What is the system, tho.

Star Type:Yellow
Direction from Core:South East
System Name:Alpha Estrelya

AtillatheBum fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 15, 2021

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I had the full Rosenritter fleet and blueprints. Great fun and a bit OP, right up until the Doritos fight where they were easily picked off.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

OwlFancier posted:

First one I tried was about 7 fleets of REDACTED all in a big pile which I could definitely not handle with my fleet

Also anyone know why a gate in my system keeps saying "there's a hegemony fleet interfering" even though there's no one nearby?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

LegoMan posted:

Also anyone know why a gate in my system keeps saying "there's a hegemony fleet interfering" even though there's no one nearby?

Known bug, to be fixed in RC13 whenever they get done building it. And yeah, there's an RC13 in the works per David on the official forums in a post I can't be arsed to dig up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is a powerful visual metaphor for my posting.

I think that basically the obstacles they set up for scanning gates during the later stage of the plot do not get properly cleared unless you do it during the plot, so if you're like me and go scan a bunch in the middle of nowhere instead, it deletes the fleets but doesn't reset the dialogue for the core world gates.

Also yes the random system roller is apparently tuned for super lategame content.