Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I play on the mac am I going to have to re download and install it when this new version comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I mean that's normally how releases work, you just download the new version? I have no idea how/if apple doing weird poo poo about not allowing executables or whatever affects the game.

I just meant that the game doesn’t auto update like a lot of other apps do.

Fart Cannon posted:

You will have to download the new app, but all your saves and mods will stay in the old app container. You will effectively have two installs of the game.

Ok thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Random question but does anyone know of a good YouTuber with play throughs of this? Something like a Pete Complete.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tarquinn posted:

I think Nemo is the go-to youtuber for Starsector.

Thanks!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

buglord posted:

I really hope this dude makes a whole lot of bank when he launches this game. Has he hinted on putting it on steam and such?

NGL I’ll probably just buy it again when he puts it on steam. He absolutely deserves it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Anyways, this is already a small novel despite all the stuff I feel like I've skipped over, so if you need more guidance on any of these steps feel free to ask, but this is basically the big-picture progression through different stages of the game.

Thanks a bunch for this its a great write up and I really appreciated it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

I haven't played since 2021 now, any news if/when it finally will release on steam too? I just want workshop for easy modding, damnit.

Afaik no steam till 1.0

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

Hmmm is there a way to buy this that doesn't go through that bmtmicro payment site? Don't really want to give another site my card info ideally, in fact I think last time I had to do that was the last time I bought an SA upgrade lol. Like 2018 or 2019?

You can use PayPal :shrug:

You can also do a swift transfer in euros

You can also mail in your payment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

I don't really mean to be difficult about it so I'll leave it alone. Seems like a cool game but guess I'll wait and see if it ever hits Steam.

E: Like I acknowledge PayPal would 100% be a solution for me, it's more that I can't be bothered to create a PayPal account just to get this game. I don't even know anyone who has ever used PayPal lol.

I feel like you are massively overthinking it.