Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What would be a good scenario to run starting out/Which ships should I aim for?(mods included) I likes me some macross missile spam and/or gundam style drone funnels/fighters.

Would generally prefer smaller fleets for some pirating/privateer/pirate hunting things too.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Are there any mods that add ships/modules that generate food(agroponics)/fuel(magic sun harvesting)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Anyone happen to have a mod/able to make a mod that zeroes out the maint costs of all ships? Would still have supplies be really important for repair/salvage/CR etc, but removes some of the annoying micromanagement of constantly having to buy out supplies.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah problem with that is that I'd have to do it for every single mod I have too, and do it again whenever one updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buTLIBBCQuc

AI Shamashes are scary.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 16, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

The super pirate poo poo is in Underworld, which was also part of SS+. It adds a ton of actually decent hulls to pirates. IIRC the Venom is basically a looted Hyperion.

The super pirate ship is 30 wolf frigates taped together

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I'm still waiting for weapons designed for ramming, like, getting a damage multiplier depending on how fast you're going.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Starsector 1.0: You'll be in the ground long before this happens.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Anyone got a good modlist for a pirate/bounty hunter playthrough rather than having to gently caress around with your own faction?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I mean rimworld has already solved this entire problem:

On the dev side, you release the new RC as an opt in beta for a week or two, this both allows you to find gamebreaking bugs, and lets modders update their mods to work for the new version. Also leaving the previous version as an opt in beta afterwards.
On the modder side, once a new version is released as a beta, you upload your new version of the mod as a new file, leaving the old version of the mod in limbo in case people don't wanna update to the new game version yet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

They can't miss but they can fizzle and spin out of control due to not having enough time to arm. :(

Arm them before you launch silly.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Spacepoor is my favourite stage tbh, rolling around in a junker fleet is hilarious.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Any of you wanna hook me up with a modlist? Haven't played in forever, mainly looking for going around loving with people in a fleet rather than making my own empire.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I was mainly looking for any non ship mods that'd be good to grab, qol mods etc :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I remember when I played years ago that one of the factions/ship packs added this really nice line of regenerating missiles that were good for dealing with frigs etc, anyone happen to know which one I'm talking about so I can beeline to that faction? :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What's a good way to transition into making some stable ish money in nexerelin(hard start)? Like caravans in mount and blade as an example.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Found some fuckhuge prototype carrier, expected it to impact me sneaking around more than it did :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What freighters do ya'll use for each tier? Modded or otherwise.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Are there any ships in mods that, kinda like how the tugs give fleet wide augmented drive field, give fleet wide efficiency overhaul or solar shielding?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Shadowyards are also real nice for phase ships, the shamash is stupid fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buTLIBBCQuc

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You also have to keep watch on who's at war with who since factions get REAL pissy REAL fast if you do any decent amount of trade with who they're at war with.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

I always seem to go back to the wolf as my favorite early game ship. Even later, with a slightly larger fleet, I keep a few of them around

I cannot hear you over the sound of LP Lasher.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Always sell capital ship bp's on the black market :getin:

Washin Tong posted:

So the mod community for this game is amazing, but I've noticed a distinct lack of licensed IP mods (Battlefleet Gothic, Star Wars, etc.). I know Star Wars and Homeworld mods were made but were later retooled into original content. What gives? Is it a Terms of Use thing Alex determined for the official forums to keep Big Bad Lawyers away?

The companies that own those IP's are incredibly anal about modded content, basically unless you're something like skyrim or fallout, they're gonna curbstomp you.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 20, 2020

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Learning this portrait existed while drinking something did not help my life expectancy.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Cantorsdust posted:

Early game the best money maker is usually missions. Go to the bar, get missions to move x goods to y system. Usually pretty safe and can get you some basic income and reputation. Then once you have some money and can equip yourself a little better, start taking the exploration missions—the domain era probe scanning and planet scanning. Just make sure you run from whatever enemies you find out there—they’re much stronger than you at this point.

Once you have a decent combat fleet, you can start doing the bounty missions / consider founding a colony if you’ve found a good planet.

And the true best money maker at pretty much all points in the game is attacking pirate stations spaceports then selling them poo poo at a premium(be sure to put a sniffer in the system, they'll basically spam out contracts for stuff you'd be selling them anyway)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Time to wait half a year for mods to be updated.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

How is it so far without nex? Gotta admit I've never played this game without it :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

On the modding side, is ui editing still basically impossible or did stuff get added in this patch for it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

With this many hotfixes I feel like my choice of waiting for nex to come out was the right choice :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

victrix posted:

That is a loving gorgeous ship

e: ffs new page

Cannot unsee the face.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Frida Call Me posted:

you're not wrong, but baking in missile racks is just a story point away!

i'm really enjoying the hyperion with

2x heavy blaster
1x typhoon reaper launcher

hull mods are:
baked in hardened systems
baked in safety overrides
stabilized shields
flux distributor
extended shields

and that leaves you with enough for 10/10 vents capacitor

you get a 360 shield arc, 10k flux capacity, and enough firepower to overload a cruiser solo. you can run pretty hot after sustained fire but you can just teleport away to bleed off flux. 194 top speed without the 0 flux boost means you can chase down most things that matter. teleport->torpedo engines will ruin most larger ships.

just look at this cute lil deathball

This made me realize something I want from story points also, being able to remove poo poo like high maintenance and other built in negatives.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

UP AND ADAM posted:

What's the best way to reverse course from -100 relations with pirates? Also I installed a bunch of faction mods, does anyone know if player Mary Sue style factions send out expeditions too?

No idea if this works without nex but what I usually do is raid a bunch of places and shut down their spaceport, then take the contracts for stuff they need. It's an amazingly good earlygame money maker too and you usually end up with higher rep than you started with even if you're not at -100 lmao

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

El Spamo posted:

if they were meant to be your friends their writing wouldn't characterize them as a pack of murdering jackals.

But enough about the hegemony :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

spaceships posted:

went into the discord to pick up the nexerelin update and the mods instantly had to deal with someone who kept accusing them of being jewish lmao

what a community

the starsector discord really needs better moderation yeah, doesn't help that they still allow a nazi mod to be hosted on it too.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Didn't that get purged a while back?

The other one, last FPE update was less than two weeks ago.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

FPE allegedly exists to make fun of nazis and give the players a free punching bag but yeah, that kinda poo poo is always suspect.

If it looks like a nazi, if it goosesteps like a nazi, if the "parody" part is literally half a sentence at best with the rest being wehraboo wank, it's probably a nazi.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

FPE's First Persean empire yeah.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Let's be real, the chuds were already there, 4x and grand strategy games attract them like flies.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

El Spamo posted:

I dunno, there's no forum post or index entry, and I for one definitely keep to the mods that are blessed enough to be listed in the mod index. Captain's Log was (the only?) exception, and that's now in the index too.
I would hope and wager that FPE has died.

FPE was never on the mod index or forums, due to the above.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I mainly run the ED shipyards phase ship(the jojo one) when I run bigger phase ships and noticed that weapons that fire projectiles rather than beams seem to do way better in phase slowdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Honestly that's a "weapon" I'd love to see, like just a bunch of reaper warheads stuck to any and all weapon mounts that changes the ai into "just charge the biggest target you can find"