Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
So whenever I play the vanilla "campaign" with Blackrock Driveyards, even though the ships will show up in menu displays and are available for simulations, none of the actual Blackrock content is anywhere to be found ingame. I have to play Uomoz's Sector Mod to play with those slick ships, which has led me to another problem where my saves won't load. This is specifically what happens from starsector.log:

code:
8184705 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves\save_HoYinsen_1714720916499419080...
8206407 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
8206407 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Anyone know how to fix either of these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
For whatever reason, none of the workarounds I can find for increasing the memory allocation to this game are working :argh:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Arrath posted:

Did you replace the 32 bit version of the java runtime that starsector uses?

I un-installed JRE7 and then re-installed it in a different directory, then changed the target directory in the batch file. Working fine now :toot:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

You can get Blackrock 0.7.0 here. As always, it needs LazyLib and ShaderLib.

:getin:http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4018.msg152019#msg152019 :getin:

:woop: You have no idea how much I've been wanting this. :woop:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Oh god, I can't play Starsector because JRE7 is broken. I can't uninstall it, but it won't show up in any of my folders.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Luckily, apparently this is a common problem with Windows 8, and their tech support site had a program just to sniff it out and then uninstall it for realsies (I think part of it might have been a registry error, but my software wasn't picking it up). I re-installed JRE 7 and now the game is running like a champ :toot:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND please give BDY a second system with an absolutely unbelievable poo poo ton of Pirates and Hegemony so I can grind rep and shoot dudes tia

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Thats pretty much my next goalpost, the system will be a three way war with TT, heg and BRDY probably, maybe even a small pirate holdout somewhere for extra clusterfuck

Large pirate holdout. I want to watch the sector BURN :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Psycho Landlord posted:

I'm pretty sure there was an older mod that had a Wave Motion Gun in it, which does exactly that. So probably not very?

is there a good Yamato mod out there!?