Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Freighter, let's you carry more supplies to sell for mad profit. And the mule can hold its own really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so I installed SS+ and nexerelin, and it asks me who I want to side up with. Should I just pick a normal faction or go with one of the mod ones? I've never really played much before so I'm not sure if buddying up to a mod faction from the start would be more difficult.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

queeb posted:

so I installed SS+ and nexerelin, and it asks me who I want to side up with. Should I just pick a normal faction or go with one of the mod ones? I've never really played much before so I'm not sure if buddying up to a mod faction from the start would be more difficult.

On top of this I chose BRDY since I read the stuff is awesome. I can't find any pirates or anything to kill now, seems like everything is massive fleets. Should I switch back to vanilla until i get a better grasp on stuff?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Megasabin posted:

Did the fact that they released the patch notes actually mean the patch was incoming? Or are we still talking weeks-months wait?

He said not soon (not days away) on the forum, probably a week or two still.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Bold Robot posted:

Not sure I'm a fan of the new sensor stuff. I'm spending more time sitting around doing sensor sweeps and less time fighting. Is this supposed to be fun?

kinda feeling this as well.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

LawrenceA posted:

Can you just start a new game, save it, then back out and start a new non-tutorial game? I think the tool tip said you cant check it as there wasn't a saved game yet.

Tried this and no. have to complete it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Any tips for using a carrier as a flagship? not really sure how to direct my fighters and poo poo. there's some sweet skills for them though.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah I just tried a condor with broadswords compared to the regular interceptors and they really seemed worse. Interceptors gently caress poo poo up good

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Is taking all the industry junk fleet stuff viable? flying around with a scrap fleet full of ships i've salvaged sounds fun.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hilarious

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hotdogs are a sandwich

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is he ever going to put the game on steam? i feel like hed make so much money

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i havent played in years, so this is going to be overwhelming to jump in to i bet

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im going in. i have no idea what im doing

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

oh neat, skills are single point things now? i like this, pick 1 of 2 options and continue up the tree

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is this tutorial/intro new?>

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drat that final battle before stabilizing the jump gate in the tutorial knocked out like 3/4 of my fleet.

still won tho!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well i took a job to scan a derelict ship, paid 40k, there was a warning outside the system but it said low threat. so i jumped in and some remnant thing owned my 3 ship fleet.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

all this is so new to me, im just doing random missions and fling around. its so good

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man, evne though it only pays 40k to destroy, a pirate station does not gently caress around. totally wiped my fleet of like ~7 frigates

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Psycho Landlord posted:

Patch very good, for all the reasons listed

Do the plot stuff y'all

wheres the plot start?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

are story points unlimited?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

holy poo poo. just found an abandoned mining station in some random system i was pulled into cause i ran outta fuel:

those 2 things on the end are worth 150k and 60k. man do i keep or sell those?!

edit: and this guy was right next door, this is one of the new ships right?

queeb fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 28, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

amazing. Raiding seems really good? I dunno when to use it really but I raided the pirate base in the corvus system and nabbed like, a fuckton of supplies and stuff fo free.

edit: like 3 marines died stealign this muchs tuff

seems good!

queeb fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 28, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah exploring seems good, found a random research lab and ot just poo poo hullmods and blueprints at me. also found an apogee in a debris field. will bea nice addition to my newb fleet

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

OK what the gently caress is the tempest. my god this frigate. randomly passing through a system, saw one for sale, bought it for 40k, tossed some lovely energy weapons on it and built in safety override. i have like a loving mining blast thing and some lazer and im flying around at 280 speed and like 2 shotting other frigates.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how do you get a contact and keep doing jobs for them? ive done some random bar jobs but im not sure where to check in with that same person

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

oh also in regards to my question earlier about developing a contact, if you go to intel screen, then hit contacts at the bottom, you can click the person then hit develop contact:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lol those are all very good culture-esque ship names.