Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Any mods out there add bomb-pumped lasers and/or laser-armed missiles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

I was so loving hard into the first few missions of Nexus. Lowtech ships fighting secret corporate conflicts on the edges of the solar system? Amazing.

Then it goes aliens and gently caress it who can care.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I think any of us hoping to get a sense of the quality of life and culture on our world, or build a colony based on it being some tiny light in the dystopian darkness, are going to be fairly disapointed :(

I won't hear this slander about Friend Alpha Core.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

The Muffinlord posted:

The biggest problem with colonies is that I can't produce my own drugs and heavy weapons, IMO. I need drug planet to keep my workers happy on mining and ship building planet.

Edit: the heavy weapons are to sell, of course

Beta core reduces demand by one, the industry skill reduces demand by one. They don't need no stinkin' drugs!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Kenshin posted:

ding ding ding

I'm loving colonies. For sure have made some mis-steps this playthrough but that is to be expected.

My current fleet:

How's the new Doom working out?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

MrTargetPractice posted:

What colony modules actually give you income? Everything I add just seems to give me more operating costs.

You get your cash from exports. Anything that gives you more production or more accessibility will give you more income.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Hit F1 over your supply count and it'll tell you what it all is going to.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Tanith posted:

Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering

Is this the faction that has fighters strapped to big-rear end booster rockets?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

xanif posted:

A decivilized gas giant with ruins on the surface.

This raises a number of questions.

Could be floating cities.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

If you want to make money trading, build a colony.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Brainbread posted:

So. I'm sitting here thinking "I am slamming dozens of enforcers into my enemies but this is missing something..."

Why isn't there a mod that makes your ships explode really big when they die. Like, the reactor is packed with explosives or something. My ships are lead by reckless officers as is so why not make them explode in the enemies faces when they inevitably die?

Alas, I don't see any mods with this feature so I can only pray.

Safety Overrides should do this.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

I kinda like the bladebreakers. If you manage to get into a system with them you can find occasional derelicts and they are fun to use.

Yeah, I got lucky grabbing their Destroyer Carrier early and it was a steamroller.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

In the ongoing tournament there's a fleet that's running a bunch of flamer + SO Enforcers and it's been hilariously effective.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Demiurge4 posted:

There’s a mod that lets you set up an outpost that stocks fuel and supplies for the cost of a gamma core and some stuff. I dunno which one though and I haven’t built one so not sure how they work exactly.

Nerexelin does that.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Your colonies will automatically import the resources they need.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

If you're going to be massing early game trash it 100% should be Shepards.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

That big ship is going to cost you a lot in supplies and fuel. You may want to stash it - either at a friendly planet, or at one of the abandoned stations you can find in the core - until you can support it.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Well, there's no other 'normal' carrier it compares to. The Legion isn't really a full carrier.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

What I'd really love is the ability to remove them. A deployable station that removes storms around it in a radius. Let me build roads in space!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Travic posted:

drat. I've been using Valkyries. Is there any reason to use those over Starliners?

The Valkyrie Ground Support package is really good.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

I didn't take it seriously that the Diable Avionics corp had put a bounty on me and I should stay away from the core. Next thing I know I'm being chased down by a three fleets comprised of 15+ Diable Avionics capital ships per fleet, this lead to a running battle where I'd engage one of their fleets, half blow it up before escaping (I had 3 capital ships, six cruisers and a smattering of frigates/smaller hulls.) sprint away to recover a day or two's CR and repair only to get caught again and start over. My two carriers and one battleship vs the horde. It felt like something out of battlestar galactica or Wing Commander where it was just 1-2 carriers vs the world. The end of it all was I eventually whittled the fleets down to where I could take them straight on, even that was a 45 minute slogging match as they reinforced a ton.

My cap fleet doubled in size this day due to loot.

EDIT: The astral is a loving monster with it's recall ability. If that ability wasn't on the carrier I'd have lost big time. As it is I'm pretty sure my pilots have PTSD or are now addicted to meth or something.

I doubt most of them live long enough to.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

The starting system begins cut off from jump point travel, and can't get food or supply convoys. With that skill the player can leave and enter at will, and sell them higher and higher prices food and goods.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, the game itself has been an obscene deal, and the mod community atop it has only made things wilder.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

cyrn posted:

There's No Escape Pod (If you lose your fleet, start a new run instead of accepting the respawn)

Losing your fleet isn't a game over? I've legit never tried that, usually I just alt+f4 and go to bed.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

There's a high tech light cruiser, too. It looks fantastic, good flux and shields and plasma burn for mobility.

Also some medium midline or something who could care.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Isn't the Phaeton more efficient for fuel per supply?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

FrickenMoron posted:

I'm still having issues with keeping my costs afloat... i guess its time for a colony? Also RE: carriers, any darlings / outstanding strike craft? Like is there a canonical best fighter / interceptor / bomber?
I've stashed my 2 Legions for now since the crew upkeep is too high for my income.

Drovers are the best early game carriers, for bombers a combo of Longbows and Daggers can handle all but the biggest targets.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

I really wish there was a hard engage command I could use to get a few ships to enter range immediately and at the same time.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

WarpedLichen posted:

If they're part of a game modding community, I'm already judging.

I enjoy the free content and all, but those people should all be on some kind of watch list.

All it takes is for that energy to be channeled into something else and poo poo is about to go down.

Have a little chill, man. drat.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They're OP by design of course, but Remnant ships have the flux stats to sustain continuous fire on a Plasma Cannon.

I know a lot of people were disappointed that the skill basically only allows you to run one of their Radiant battleships (and only at ~60% CR, and not player-piloted) but I've been more impressed with the cruiser-sized Brilliant. Still not "spend a whole skill point" impressed, but it's an absolute murder machine for an AI-controlled ship at that size.

e: If you could fly the drat thing yourself it might actually be worth it, "you get to fly a unique flagship" is infinitely more appealing than "you get one good ship or a couple of good frigates, I guess."

There's a glitch that will put your commander into the pilot slot of a Remnant ship. It has something to do with having a unpiloted Remnant machine and losing your ship in a battle.

Can confirm it's a really, really nice ride.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

my dad posted:

Phase depth charges.

I'd love this. A low tech mine system that does like EMP rather than damage, and forces ships out of phase.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Seeker also adds a demilled Paragon that has a huge grow-op in the center. But it doesn't make supplies, WTH game.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Feel like he's missing the most obvious solution to burn drive leaving ships stranded in the enemy line, if one ship engages its burn drive they all do

Burn Override system that engages all burn drives nearby.

Including enemy ones.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

I really, really vibe with the Fury.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Clanpot Shake posted:

What do I do with all of these blueprint duplicates I've been hoarding? I don't want to give the factions access to fancier stuff by selling them, but I need some money.

Only the pirates can use BPs, and only then if you sell them on the black market.

Also you should totally do this because you can get those ships for free from pirate fleets.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

One step closer to my favorite thing in all of any 4x game - building roads.

Hopefully Industrial Evolution or someone will put up some semi-permanent hypercane structures.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

How are the new Pilums?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

You can make money off of any colony, it just might take longer.

Where's the nearest gate?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Blade Breakers also have DEW torpedoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

please tell me he didn't remove the skill where each d-mod gives a chance of just ignoring damage

I'm sorry to say that skill was too good for this world. ;~;