Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
The new burn level is a much simpler way of seeing travel speed and if you can chase down a fleet or not. Much like in Mount and Blade you can make bank by being fast enough to catch weaker enemies on the campaign map.

High tech frigate wolfpacks still wreck all pirate fleets. The Tempest pulls ahead of the Hyperion with the CR per deployment reduction but nothing can outrun the Hyperion in pursuit. I thought they were a toss up before but now they have more clearly defined roles. All in all CR works better than I expected.

I like the new logistics mechanics now that I've got a hang of them but the game needs a way to ease you into them so that you don't gently caress yourself. The current info is serviceable but could be a lot better. After battle I'd like to know what my nominal supply consumption is when the fleet is at full repairs/CR and how long it'll take to get down to that level so that I can make a decision about jettisoning cargo, returning to a station, or pushing ahead. Being stranded without supplies sucks and quickly gets you into a position where your ships just fall apart. At the moment the easiest way to avoid that feels like hugging a station and taking the battles that cross your path.

This is all stuff to tweak and experiment with though, the game's really coming together. It's also something that might sort itself out once we're able to hire NPC captains for other ships, depending on what their modifiers end up being.

The new fleet window is rear end though and I agree with everything Bhodi said about it in the last thread.

Bhodi posted:

The purchasing ship window, for example, continues to get worse; On the buy tab, you get a big picture of the ship and the bottom 1/4th of the window is taken up by 2 completely irrelevant items - Combat readiness repairs. You can't even see the price without mousing over! Then, you hit the ?, and are given THIRTY performance statistics. Seriously? Does anyone else think it's gotten completely unweidly? There are really only a few things you care about :

Deployment cost
Weapon mounts (and currently equipped weapons), special ship weapon/device
Maximum burn (travel speed), top combat speed, maybe turn rate
Has a flight deck?
Shield Coverage/Type
Shield/Armor/Hull points
Ordinance points (though it's overly muddy due to upgrades costing different amounts per ship class and the wide variety of mounts and costs)

The other 30 things? Bury them in a config menu when you're refitting the ship or on some statistics page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Anticheese posted:

There's something pretty great about assembling a fleet out of your conquests without paying a cent.

You end up paying a ridiculous amount in supplies to repair the ship you board and bring it up to CR, you pay for having to cart marines around, and you might even lose a ship and get nothing. It's risky and potentially more expensive than buying ships outright.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah, I auto-fire everything except for low ammo or high flux weapons.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

Is this game still worth the pre-order? I spotted it reading a few pages back on the Steam thread. I've been looking for a new time-killer and this looks interesting, and the price is right. Is it fairly easy to pick up without keeping a wiki open? I noticed some frustration on the early pages of this thread, just didn't know how many wrinkles had been smoothed out..

The difficulty curve and progression of the campaign is one of the closest things to Mount and Blade. You need to cherry pick fights and run from packs you can't beat. Figuring out which ships are going to give you trouble can take a bit of time.

I'd recommend grabbing it, it's worth the money as is, but play a few missions before diving into the campaign.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I feel like I've been waiting for this next patch since I paid for the game two years ago.

I've gotten most of what's to be had out of the build a fleet, refine a fleet, fight fleets game play and went through it all again when skills were added and a third time with a slew of mods.

Finally we are close to the Mount and Blade in Space fantasy I've been chasing.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

MShadowy posted:

Well, version 0.65 just dropped.

Should be cool.

Time to dig in to the files and see what I need to do to get everything up to date on SHI I guess.

Gah, can't believe I missed this. Was watching anime all day long! Cheers Armagan!

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Trade disruptions can be even better than shortages in terms of margin. I'd bought about 400 supplies at 40 or so credits during a disruption on Jangala. I popped them all in storage and continued to hunt bounties. About twenty minutes of realtime later I'm in Magec collecting bounties for Tritach when their outpost suffers a trade disruption skyrocketing supplies to 370 credits each!

Even paying tarrifs on both ends I was able to snag over 80k in pure profit over three trips (150 cargo space across my pack of three wolves).

Now if only I had enough reputation for that Medusa the Tritach military is selling.

Edit: What's everyone's favorite build? And by build I of course mean what two skills against the tech attribute do you choose after the +x/x/y/y/z burn one? Nothing's better than being fast enough to choose your engagements, but what's the next best thing?

I usually go with gunnery implants. The +25% range bonus at level five does wonders for the survivability of a flagship and turns even match-ups into one sided events. I usually go for one of the ones that improves the ordinance points of all ships and has the 10% armor bonus but I think they're pretty close after those two.

AI chat: I've had a lot of success giving the AI wolf a single antimatter blaster and some missiles. They're surprisingly good and skimming to flank and popping off a bolt of antimatter into the target's engines. They don't vent well but the burst damage is high enough that when they do attack they at least get something done. They're also pretty good at keeping the skimmers alive compared to other frigates.

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 23, 2014

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I have a question for the cool people who look through inis and make mods. How does the shielded cargo hold mod work in a fleet? If I've got a volume of 100 space drugs, and 100 cargo space on a shielded freighter, are they shielded? Or do I run the risk of having the freighter be assigned 40 supplies and 60 space drugs? Can I assign cargo to a particular ship?

Crew seems to be based on position in the fleet list with more experienced crew going early in the list. Perhaps goods are weighted by legality and then cost. Or are shielded hulls just a % discount on the toll and a % chance to miss your illegal goods?

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Looks as though bugs are causing enemy fleets to have green crews and all engines to flameout quicker than previously. It takes very little damage to send a ship spinning.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Tarezax posted:

My boarding attempts have mostly ended in self-destruction :saddowns:

This has been my experience; boarding isn't even worth the recycled air marines breathe. Good ships are available (somewhat randomly) from military markets once your rep is decent. If a ship is intact after a battle I make sure it gets shot until it isn't.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Michaellaneous posted:

How can I get the ID of a station? I am really pissed off that the stations are not stocked with at least some basic ships for me right now. I would like to use the console to restock them.

I really like the scarcity. Having to use what's available in a harsh environment fits the lore of being cut off from the stargate system, the few nice toys behind horded by the powers that be. Sometimes there are droughts when you don't get the ships you like but if you could just place an order for your designer fleet once you had the cash that would all but be the end of the game.

It's not even that much fun to roll around with a semi-decent fleet right now. All of the AI having green crews makes combat a joke once you're on your feet. Hopefully there's a hotfix soon (and hopefully it doesn't break saves.)

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Bold Robot posted:

How are you guys outfitting your Wolves? I've been rolling with the standard graviton/tac laser/harpoon build, curious if anyone has found anything better.

Also, is it just me or does the AI seem like it has gotten worse about not getting in between you and your target?

I have the stock standard starter, which I use mainly as ranged support to distract ships from range for the AI to take out. My most effective AI wolf has a grav beam, a single antimatter blaster, two harpoon racks, and a bunch of cap and vents. All the back slots are empty. It routinely takes out (obv. green) cruisers solo while I'm on another part of the map.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Unreal_One posted:

Throwing mining lasers into the back slots I find is pretty useful. They take only like 3 OP each, and are decent PD, as long as you give them time to do their thing.

I've played a bit with various pd options in the simulation and it feels like missiles are tankier this patch. I didn't like the kill time on any of the laser PD and I have good rep and have been stockpiling choice salvage. Ballistic PD seems worthwhile but the wolves AI is decent at phasing to avoid, and position the shield in front of, incoming missiles (and I run them with whatever increases the shield arc enough to cover everything bar engines.)

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
To be honest if you're sitting on that much cash and are tried of effortless slaughtering fleets with bugged crews then it's a great time to put this game down for a couple months.

One of the best things about Starsector is coming back to it. In a few months we should have at least one single install mod collection and a fix to the rough edges of last week's patch.

I'd tell you to try the challenges because (like with Mount and Blade) once you start getting some momentum going the campaign is easy aside from fighting the rare fleet that's as stacked as you. But I'm not going to tell you that because apparently the challenges have green crews too right now.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Delerion posted:

I've been looking for a game where i can pilot big rear end capships with lotsa turrets, now i found both this and Rebel Galaxy.

I believe i'll buy this one real soon, i guess the new patch breaks the mods but i'll probably have enough to learn in the normal game first.

I tried Rebel Galaxy but it just got me pining for more Starsector.

It's been about a year since I last played I am so ready for this next patch.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Ah gently caress Alex is really teasing this patch release in a way I don't remember happening. With officers, joining in progress battles, new ships, and all the small changes to rep and such this seems like the biggest patch since trade and black markets were added. Which is also the last time I played.

I am so ready to get back into this I just hope he pulls it through before the weekend.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

mirarant posted:

It really would be better to start the player off with a small fleet (2-3) ships, inching by with just one ship is just not fun since almost every enemy encounter 2+ ships and needs to be lead into a friendly fleet.

The frontloaded difficulty curve is a feature of these sorts of games though (Mount & Blade, Sid's Pirates) and the early struggle and failed attempts are something that makes my successful games more satisfying.

I don't know if it's possible right now (I just woke up amd have to work 9 hours before I can launch this) but in previous versions some starting options would give you enough to buy a second frigate.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Anticheese posted:

Is there any way to keep my pirate rep from going below -75? Even only attacking ships that want to fight me isn't helping.

If you've won, and some ships retreat, don't then chase them down and kill the fleeing survivors.

On the subject of sensors (from the fractal forums)

'Alex, the Starsector dev" posted:

mendonca posted:

Must admit was totally (repeatedly) bushwhacked by not understanding the sensor mechanics immediately ... but yeah, once you start to use them, and think about how to use them, I think they really do work nicely.

Maybe there is some tweaking to do on ranges for starter fleets, to try and avoid the 'newbie trap' (those first few pirates really, genuinely, just came from nowhere :)), but then, maybe not (now I've learnt my lesson, I understand it is a key mechanic and can start to skulk about, skirting around the 'genestealer' blips hanging around in space). Looks like there will be a lot of discussion on this, anyway :)

You know, this very closely describes my own experience during playtesting. I even played around with sensor ranges and reduced fleet speeds, but somewhere along the way reverted it to the original values and found I'd just gotten used to it. And now getting bushwacked by pirates is not a thing that happens very often.

One other point about pirates: if you've got the transponder off, they won't go after you until they see you as more than a blip. So you get a bit of a grace period where you're able to start evading before they start pursuing.

Still, it's a good point and is echoed by others having trouble with the same thing. Not entirely sure what to do about it, though - just blanketly raising sensor ranges wouldn't be a good solution.

One thought I'd had is adding a new ability - call it "High Alert" - that would give you, say, +500 sensor range in exchange for increased maintenance costs. But you'd have to know how to utilize that, so, again, not exactly newbie-friendly.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Hotfix is out

quote:

Bugfixing
Fixed crash bug after battle where allies harried instead of engaging
Fixed issue with not getting any salvage when allies decide to let the enemy go after an engagement
Fixed typo in navigation skill effect description
Fixed wrong sprite being used for Kite (D) (affected Codex only)
Fixed typo in transponder tooltip
Fixed typo in "Last Hurrah" mission description
Removed errant quote from Locust description
Fixed more typos
Set Aztlan outer jumppoint to not show the gas giant
Removed "show sensor range" campaign keyboard binding that did nothing
Fixed SettingsAPI.getAllVariantIds()

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
The officer stuff and scanning is p. great. The triangle blipd that show up for unresolved contacts is cool too.

Too bad there's still nothing interesting on the market most of the time even with good rep. I'd love to be able to special order a particular ship or weapon at 1.5x the price. As it is playing on Ironmode means I'm just as like to restart the whole game instead of continuing on because ten levels and 200k and poo poo when you can't buy a decent frigate anywhere.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Tarezax posted:

To get more or less guaranteed access to good ships and weapons you have to build faction rep, but occasionally you may get lucky on the black market. I always check the black market when I come into port for that reason.

Yeah after I got to welcoming with the Tritachs my ship and weapon availability woes evaporated in a couple of in game months. Thanks to whoever mentioned the Military market in Magec is gone and now the only one is in Hydrabasil's Ogma station.

They investigated me twice in quick session for ties to the Hedge though, I bribed them both times and then blew up a Hegemony patrol outside of Corvus to avoid a third investigation.

Hopefully someone mods in siege and capture of stations (I think an old mod had this) so my Mount and Blade in space fantasy can be complete.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

eXXon posted:

The early game isn't so much hard as extremely tedious as there are very few things that you can do to earn money besides shadowing bigger fleets and waiting for a feasible in-system mission. You can find wimpy pirate fleets with two shuttles to take out on your own but it's boring and not very profitable, just like regular trade. I tried going into hyperspace a few times and it's basically a death sentence (ok more like Russian roulette) with a wolf+shuttles.

I guess I'm going to restart and do some of those sweet easy 50-100 supplies for pirates missions before I tank my rep with them.

It's been said before in the thread but the Bounty Hunter -> Advanced weapon start gives you a Wolf and a heavy blaster. Refit the Wolf to take advantage of the blaster and you can handily defeat the duos of half health pirate frigates that start in Corvus. It may take a few matches in the simulator to get the hang of the Wolf but even without the phase skip it can handle small groups of pirates.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
There's a bit of luck involved in getting a profitable series of either close bounties or trade disruptions and then you snowball. Midgame is excellent and the real meat but the early game can be over quite quickly in both this and M&B with knowledge of optimal skills or money making strategies. I've always preferred those knife edge early fights to the late-game where your well trained well equipped elites outclass everything around them and it's more valuable for you to be making broad tactical decisions that riding around lancing people in the face.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

NightfallGemini posted:

Is there any real drawback to Safety Override aside from its big OP cost? Losing active venting doesn't seem like a big loss to me when you cool down drat near instantly.

The biggest drawback is the range. Having to get in close is dangerous for a number of ships, especially when piloted by the AI. I prefer building for range with things like gunnery implants and integrated targeting so I almost never put Safety Overrides on a ship.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Voyager I posted:

Heavy Blasters have poo poo flux efficiency and a regular Pulse Laser already generates as much flux as the starter Wolf can handle. If you're an expert phase ninja you can probably just blow out people's engines all day but for a new player it's going to be almost unusable because they're going to miss twice and be fluxed out.

I refit the wolf losing the missiles for extra flux and you level up very fast in the early game. I favor gunnery implants, and the ordinance points and flux tech skills and the blaster wolf starts off very strong and only gets better. I also don't phase to behind, instead I keep back and use my speed to strafe aside their firing arc so that my hard flux is lower than theirs and I can vent faster with shields still up. I use the phase to back out if I'm getting overwhelmed or need a quick vent.

It might be a personal preference but it takes me forever to get someone's shields down with the pulse laser and only a couple of good hits with the blaster. Yeah missing shots sucks for your flux with a heavy blaster try not to do that. The targeting pip mod or whatever is very helpful for learning where you should be aiming.

Edit: The AI doesn't tend to do well with the blaster wolf though they are good with a pulse laser wolf.

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 2, 2015

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I'd be really nice if the game just gave you 20k and a market screen with default prices and no tariffs so you could fit out whatever starting fleet you wanted for that price.

As much as I favour the wolf it would be nice to have more options, like a well fitted Lasher or a brawler and kite or a condor and two fighter wings.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Part of it’s just luck. I’ve never seen a pirate fleet with a medusa for instance but I regularly get things that are easy to clean up like two kites and a lasher. Or a wolf D at 25% hull and some fighters.

The early game is touch and go though. I started a new playthrough for 0.7.1a and was progressing from picking off small, 2-4 ship, pirate groups to taking on the 20k bounties and larger fleets after getting a second frigate. Luckily it was another wolf, loving the black market changes, in the first playthrough on 0.7a I’d made do with a wolf-D as my second ship, on my second a lasher.

I can’t find a good NPC for the second wolf but I fit it out with a pulse laser and go hunting. I find pirates with five frigates and two fighter wings, I’m thinking it should be easy pickings. Sure enough I manage to split the kites off from the lashers and take them down while the other wolf keeps the lashers and fighters busy. On the way over I take down a fighter wing and put a few shots into the remaining lasher. After my AI wolf has a had a few moments of reprieve I phase skim away from the fight to vent only to explode from full hull. I had forgotten about the wing of torpedo bombers and teleported right to them and vented. Two reapers straight to the face. Back down to one wolf.

I ended up building up a little cash but not having the rep for anything great. I worked up to a small fleet of four frigates while building some TriTach rep with the new commission system. Then I took on a superior force and didn’t position well enough, got surrounded and respawned in Magec. With 50k in the bank and nine levels worth of skills it’s not hard to rebuild though. Friendly with the Tachs I bought a single Medusa and destroyed went around destroying any group of a dozen or less pirates, and running from anyone else.

The medusa is ridiculous. The AI needs some frigate support to make it work but when it’s got it they run roughshod over most fleets. In the 0.7 patch I ended up with a fleet of four of them, all fitted with two alternating heavy blasters, PD lasers, and a crazy amount of vents and piloted by officers with gunnery implants 5. They were supported by two plasma cannon sunders and a handful of Frigates. There was nothing that could take that fleet. I bought a paragon with a plan to fly it around solo until it died. I went to Jangala and fought everyone there. Barely a scratch.

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 7, 2015

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah in the 0.7a patch the costs seemed a lot less. A few k credits, never more than 30,000. But the first time I went to bribe someone in 0.7.1a they wanted over two hundred thousand credits. That's never going to be worth it.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
SS+ is great so far, I couldn't get Citadel to work but BRDY, Shadowyards, and Templars are all I was really after.

Not a fan of the bubble effect on some shield impacts and explosions though.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Blackray Jack posted:

I'm still pretty new to the game, and bounty hunting is fine and all (although the 20K bounties are gone now in lieu of 30Kers, which I assume have bigger fleets.) but I'm wondering how soon I should try and make a switch to the SS+ mod and the new factions. From a first-hand experience standpoint aside from the description in the modding threads, how is the SS+ in terms of AI, opposing fleets, how taxing has it been on your system if at all, assuming you just run SS+ and the additional factions? Is it really as good as it advertises? Also thanks again for the help!

I think the bounty offerings in the base game scale off your fleet size or thereabouts.

A couple hours into SS+ it's mostly the same with more ships and factions. More stuff on the market that isn't exactly what I'd like, right now, but solid ships are routinely available. The AI has been good with the few factions I've encountered so far but AI in general this release is really strong at adapting to different loadouts and it's an upgrade from a year or more ago that I last played all round. Save/Load times are slower, but battle & otherwise performance has been the same for me (GTX770.) Opposing fleets are quite varied and there's a lot of mixing going on. I'd recommend it along with logging a few hours in the base game before giving it a go.

You can always switch back and forth between SS+ and your original save by loading the relevant mods.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Commissions work a lot better if you don't take them until you're in the mid to late game of having a solid fleet that can fight more than half of the other fleets you encounter. You don't have to be hostile with their newest enemy halfway across the sector if your rep is ticking up near daily from combat against their local enemies.

I would like to have the option for PC rep to adjust with faction rep though, but without faction rep following PC rep like in Nexellerin.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
The early bounties in SS+ are no joke.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I'd prefer to see independent reputation be system based than accross the whole sector. This would also make them uniqie from the vanilla and mod factions politically.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

ianmacdo posted:

Ok, just bought this, should I install all these mods first. Or play through vanilla first?

As others have said play the vanilla game first. I play the vanilla once a year or so and then add mods. Some mods add some unexpected stuff so it's good to know what a baseline looks like.

These mods make are very useful, not OP, and are worth installing right now as they still give you a vanilla game in terms of star systems, ships, factions, etc.

- Common Radar [adds a little radar so you see what's on your sensors regardless of zoom while travelling]
- Leading pip [see where you should shoot, might want to turn this off after you get the hang of it. Tmodpack SS+ is cool enough to have the same thing as an unlock at level 5 gunnary implants.]
- Autosave [doesn't save for you by default but will give a nice reminder and tell you how many battles and trades have happened since your last save]

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

junidog posted:

Eh, there's the additional factor of how much effort it is to do the outfitting. You're guarunteed to lose a frigate here or there, and replacing them can be an annoying excercise of endless shopping. The later game really needs a way for me to purchase frigates wholly kitted out and configured. I'd gladly pay a 100% premium for that.

This is what saving ship classes in refit is for. In the refit menu save the class of your ship, buy a new ship and select that class, it will autofit everything for the class that it can get from the market, your hold, and storage.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
There are a few mods I had trouble getting working this patch and I had to go through unticking them one by one to find the culprits. BRDY and Shadowyards worked though so I didn't really care.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I'm at work at don't remember sorry, I set up a SS+ game when the latest cersion was released and two of the compatible factions were preventing new games from starting properly.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

MesoTroniK posted:

When you get a chance if you can name them I might be able to offer some help.

Cheers. I've had to disable Citadel 0.8, Flu-X v 0.56, and Interstellar Imperium 1.9.0. The other mods I have loaded, successfully, are as follows.

SS+ 3.0.0
Autosave 1.0d
Blackrock Driveyards 0.8.0
Common Radar 2.1
Junk pirates / ASP / PACK 2.4
LazyLib 2.1
Shadowyards 0.6.dev3
The Knights Templar 0.9.5b
Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.0.5
ZZ MusicLib 3.0.0+
ZZ ShaderLib Beta 1.1.0

I do appreciate the help but don't sweat it, what worked was more than enough factions, I'm unlikely to start a new game anytime soon.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Real Cool Catfish posted:

A bucket of AI cores. Or find a faction planet doing "kill nearby enemies for cash". If you're rep is low with them they won't pay you, but you'll still get the rep boost every time you blow up some pirates.

Also maybe bounties? I don't know if you see bounties from factions that hate you. I think hacking comm relays can get you the info?

Doing bounties for factions that are hostile yields rep improvement but no money.

Also if you're after a decent non-remnant fight look for 200k+ bounties on deserters. Pirate bounties full of D-mod ships are a bit of a cakewalk once you're in the "waiting for military market to refresh" phase.

Deserters also likely have ships worth salvaging. I've gotten 4 tempests, a hyperion, and an astral from bounty salvage. Never seen the hyperion or tempest for sale and I've been 100/100 + commission with Tritach for months. Thanks to whoever mentioned checking out the debris field after combat. The hyperion didn't show in the post combat screen but I could take it from the debris field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Do you have the skill which boosts the chance to salvage enemy ships? Industry I wanna say.

Nope I'm all tech and leadership. When we find an orbital habitat we pound it into scrap.

Edit: I like getting ECM first then Gunnery implants to really press the range advantage this patch.

Then the strategic stuff like faster full burn, fewer supplies, extra combat readiness. Let's you punch above your weight.

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 1, 2017