Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Kayleen

"Obnoxiously Pink." The obvious heretek states, "Probably iron oxide mixed with something else in the bedrock. Or some kind of chemical reaction due to the Exterminaturs. My homeplanet turned an orangey-red when all the magma broke loose."

The servo skull flies over the recaff cup and places a proboscis into it ::This has been dehydrated and sitting on a shelf for at least a standard decade.:: she shrugs and swallows. "Got cards. You promise to clean your gauntlets? I don't want that grease over them"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

She stares at the Khornate for a moment. "Seriously. Please don't make this a Thing. We respect your ability as a warrior and won't question your sexuality and/or manhood. Now PLEASE, we would greatly appreciate it if we could at least get a target before the destruction begins." Kayleen slings the large gauss weapon on the back of her power armor for emphasis as she sits downand begins dealing out the tarot.

"Anyone else want in?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 17, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Probably could." She deals out the first 2 cards and turns over the flop. 9 and 2 of swords and Warlord of skulls.

"But its like running off with someone's slaves. You want to see who you're stealing from. Short term gain for long term loss is generally not worth it."

"AND NO KIBITZING FROM THE NURGLINGS"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 17, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen pulls out a squirt bottle full of industrial cleaning solvent from inside her armor somewhere and glares at the nurgling with a glowing cyber eye

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

The heretek carefully puts down her two cards and thumps her face on the table. "gently caress's sake." She sits back up and places a lasgun charge pack in the middle as the pot.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Sure. This isn't exactly a plasma flask and 3-dozen-souls kinda game." She tosses two cards at him.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Sure. What's your ante, big guy?" Another two cards.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Nothing the nurgling on the table she makes a mental note to lose this hand. She flips the fourth card, Empress of Thrones. Just a few more minutes until their contact comes, hopefully.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kathleen

Kathleen watches the horrible little microdemon smash the pot, sending recaff all over the table, drowning the cards in play. She sighs, tosses the rest of the deck into the puddle and takes back her laspack. "That was a very nice deck, Butcher. One more thing your god can take pride in bringing a messy end to."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Hmm. I can save them but they'll be marked, most likely." A mechendendrite, unlike any usually seen in the vortex, emerges from under her arm. Kayleen shuffles the deck in front of it and a cleaning ray scrubs the reside off each card in turn. After a minute or two, the deck is as clean as its going to be, but still too stained and marked to be used in games of chance.

She hands the deck to the psyker "Knock yourself out. Well, not literally."

(Cards are probably poor quality at this point, but have fun!)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kathleen

"Fine, fine." She stands up, and the mechendendrite pops out of her forearm yet again. "Sawbones, over here!" Kathleen looks inside for the cortex controller and attempts to reboot it.

(Techuse to rewire the servitor for our uses. Tech-use 105+4Degrees of success if I succeed due to unatural in+2 and being adied by the servo skull and Drevan. The two of them also negate up to -20 worth of penalties (The first -10 being doing fine manipulation in power armor)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

The heretek backs the gently caress off once its been made clear subverting the servitor is now worth the time/effort/risk involved. Also, it was pretty funny how that dork got chucked across the room.

Hearing more yelling marines, she hopes this dog and pony and nurgling and space chicken show will be underway shortly.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"...I'd offer to patch him up but doesn't Khorne want people to bleed out on the floor?" She looks at the rapidly expanding pool of liquids pooling under the berserker. "Up to you."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen
:page3:

"Noted. But I think the servitor got him. From what I understand, Khorne is okay with the guy who started the bloodshedding dying but the ideal situation is that dude survive to continue to kill other stuff at a later date. Also a bunch of dudes fighting and shedding blood, getting patched up, and doing it over and over again generates more blood shed over the long run than just killing them the first time."

She sips the remainder of the recaf mug before checking it isn't filed with blood, poo poo, or other fluids.

"Do I have y'alls philosophy about right?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 17, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Many people have put a lot of thought into the philosophical choices behind their deities," she stares at Drevan "Some more than others." She slurps half the recaff cup before refilling it with whiskey. "I prefer a balanced perspective by which my studies are uninterrupted combined with minimizing bullshit and maximizing the amount of dead imperials, especially mechanicus." Kayleen decides now is not the time to start lecturing the group of mutant demon-worshiping supermen on the merits of Secular Humanism. "Those bleach blonde power-armored bondage whores are a good secondary choice for annihilation as well."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"That sounds like a fantastically bad idea, doc. And this is coming from someone pondering constructing atomics." ::IT'S TRUE:: the servo-skull bleeps out. ::IF SHE ASKS FOR FISSIONABLE SUBSTANCES IN PAYMENT OR COMPENSATION DON'T GIVE THEM TO HER-OW:: A power armored back hand send the skull flying to the far wall.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 18, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Addiction theory as applied so sociological normativity? Hmm, I've heard as such. In the corpse god's military, they have it annotated in their scholastica tactica about conditioning recruits to accept new behaviors as the norm. But I sense the major difference is you're looking at it from an internal view and its reactions to outside stimuli rather than outside stimuli shaping a faceless whole."

(Joining in the :spergin: with common lore and scholastic lore (all). TN 70+2DOS if relevant)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

The heretek nods. "While true of somethings, Butcher, well..." Kayleen does not draw the scary oversized gun on her back, that glows with green runes, but she leans forward as Sawbones floats over and shines a light on it. "I carbon dated this device I recovered; it dates back to not only when the corpse walked alive, but to before humanity even climbed out of a primordial pool on Terra. Its as deadly as the day it was forged. 99.9999% of everything rots, but there are always outliers."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Well yes, if a heretic falls in the woods and ascends to demonhood, does anyone hear it? Once you're past the dreg, serf and slave level, appearance and attitude is a vital component of your station in any world inside the Vortex, and most human worlds anywhere, for that matter." She kills the cup. Not literally, even though that's probably possible on a chaos world. "Even those vile Ork creatures decorate themselves and strut about inbetween clubbing each others brains out."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen is content to listen at this point. All the gods are bullshit but at least people are trying to think now. She scrolls through her datapad connected to her neck port, and out of idle currosity searches for some things the other mentioned.

"...'Longknives" > "brontian longknives.... WHOA."

Her glowing eyes grow wide as she smiles and turns the dataslate around to Drevan.

"So, you used to wear something like this?"

"Takes a man very secure in his manhood to wear that...I don't suppose you still got it around."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 18, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

She leers at the nurgling as she stands up and falls in, checking her belongings. The skull breaks out in cadence ::gently caress gently caress gently caress a duck, screw a kangaroo. Merrily merrily merely merrily, orgy at the zoo::

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"CORPSE TROOPERS! Kill them all!" She slams her helmet down over her head, draws the ugly looking gun from her back and sprays the mass in front of her.

Half action draw Gauss cannon, half action full auto, BS 25+Horde's magnitude size. +10 for short range? (<50M) Possible +10 if my G.Quality MIU is jacked into the gauss cannon

pre:
Wounds: 13/13
Conversion Field: 50, fries on a 1-10
Armor: 19
IB: 4/4

Skills&Talents: Dodge+0, Technical Knock, Awareness

WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
30     35     34    40    40     55      31      35     41

Weapons
Name                     Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo  Reload  Qualities  
Las Carbine              75m    S/2/–    1d10+2  E     0    40    Half    Reliable
Gauss Cannon            100m    S/4/6    1d10+12 I     5    ??    ??      Gauss, Heavy      
Good Great Weapon (Wrench)               2d10+SB I     0                  Unwieldy, +5WS

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 19, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

*VEET VEET VEET OVERHEAT. SYSTEM FAILURE. SHUTTING DOWN* The gun farts blue smoke everywhere as green lights go dark and the feedback threatens to melt her brain. She screams, partly in pain, partly in frustrated rage, and mostly in embarrassment. She shrieks a torrent of binary that's more or less a threat to the machine spirit to get its poo poo together as she jams her MIU cable back in and smacks it. As the gun reboots, she fires on the sergeant while yelling at the skull.

"Sawbones! Give him a taste of his own medicine. Time for a piggy barbeque!" The servo skull closes in an unloads a torrent of promethium on the cowering cleric.

Half action tech knock, half action single shot at IG sgt, BS 45 +10 for short range (<50M) +10 for G.Quality MIU, skull is flamering the priest :siren: IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING WITH THE PRIEST, LET ME KNOW, EITHER HERE, IN OOC, OR #ACOLYTE, OTHERWISE :flame: :siren:

pre:

WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
30     35     34    40    40     55      31      35     41

Weapons
Name                     Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo  Reload  Qualities  
Las Carbine              75m    S/2/–    1d10+2  E     0    40    Half    Reliable
Gauss Cannon            100m    S/4/6    1d10+12 I     5    ??    ??      Gauss, Heavy      
Good Great Weapon (Wrench)               2d10+SB I     0                  Unwieldy, +5WS

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 20, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Well then, that was something. Quite the passion play." Kayleen moves to grab random scrap and loot. "If anyone wants any field repairs or other such things tell me now so I can get the needed material." She roots through corpses for grenades, charge packs, anything that isn't flak or a loving lasgun.

Gettin mah loot on, also, buying +5 Fellowship for 250 exp

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 20, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"I think he'd greatly appreciate that. I figured he was about to go out doing what he loved. Clever trick, restarting his heart with warp lighting." She roots through a dead guardsman's pockets, ripping out a pic of the dead man's family while searching for something of value.

"So doc, you mentioned this is the largest fight you seen. What do you think about life in the Vortex?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Understood. If you're interested in more investigation, I'm more than happy to share my research. I tend to deviate not just from mechanicus imposed rules, but dark mechanicus practices. Even when liberated to conduct research as they see fit, they're slaved to the concept of enhanced natural human physiology." She looks over dead guardsmen, looking for bionics or cybernetic eyes, etc. "And tentacles, no idea why that's so popular. But yes, once we're done killing idiots for reputation, how would you like to see implementation of pure artificial intelligence. From what I understand the Imperium utilizes mutilated corpses as its only means of independent robotic entities."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Well that's the thing, apparently in the greater galaxy, electronic intelligence invariably tries to kill all human and transhuman life. So I was thinking when unstoppable robotic legions of death are slaughtering their way across the Vortex you might be able to interview them viz your theory on internal darkness and etc." She steps into the second meeting room, "Well, this is substantially less lovely than the one before."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 21, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"What. The gently caress." she checks the food to see if it contains any obvious human parts. "Do corpse fuckers seriously try to infiltrate the Vortex? Well obviously this time, but is this a Thing that occurs regularly?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 22, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Okay, look, my introduction to the Imperium was them blowing up my homeworld about 8 years ago so I don't know them as well as you guys that've been fighting them for umpteen thousand years. What is the Inquistion, other than secret police with access to all sorts of specialized weirdos? Are they the de facto leaders of the Imperium or what? Oh hey the coffee pot ain't even broken yet." Kayleen gets a cup before the inevitable happens.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"..."

Kayleen gives a very very slow golf clap. Because really, what can you say about that?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

*Sigh* "Godsdamn clownshoe patrol in here." Kayleen aims for the ox-head one, intending to make his infuriating statement come true.

Half action draw gauss cannon, half action full auto at ox-head. BS 35-10 full auto +30 for point blank range +10 for G.Quality MIU=BS 65 before any other penalties/bonuses

pre:

WS     BS     S      T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
30     35     34(44) 40    40     55      31      35     41

Weapons

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 26, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen ignores the dog and pony show going on over at the other side of the room and releases the trigger for a moment. "I think you're pissed mostly about the fact you're an inferior transhuman." She takes a moment to aim. "And I'd suspect you're embarrassed about being dumber than dogshit, but I doubt you've ever had a moment of self reflection in your entire life."

He's probably going to charge this turn, better make this count. "YOLO."

Half action aim, half action full auto at ox-head. BS 35-10 full auto+10aim+30 for point blank range +10 for G.Quality MIU=BS 75 before any other penalties/bonuses

pre:

WS     BS     S      T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
30     35     34(44) 40    40     55      31      35     41

Weapons

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"What?" Kayleen pauses. "I know my questions are usually more complex, but still, what?"

She hits a button and the green, glowing metal gun unleashes a discharge of smoke. Kayleen doesn't holster it, not after there's been two ambushes in less than 30 minutes. "Also, what's our immediate plan of action here?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 3, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Its more like putting a bunch of ultraviolence aficionados in the same location as ceramics is a recipe for broken pottery."
She leans down and stares at the wall to see how far the gauss rounds went after blowing through the marine. "Still, does this possession thing happen regularly to psykers who aren't legionaries? We didn't have this poo poo back on Zephyranthes."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"At this point we may beat the imperial guard regiment out there in numbers of people who spontaneously explode." She looks at the new "people". "I didn't think the Warp had a one-for-one replacement warranty."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"They need to give us new targets before the entire team literally explodes/implodes just by being in close proximity." She extends one hand to shake, and with the other, pours about half the carafe into a slot in her other arm where it disappears. "Kayleen. Hi Joe...So yeah, three washouts and/or deaths, one dude got teleported away but presumably is somewhere around here, and one dude got KO'd and I guess is in the medward having things puts in his rear end." She shrugs. "Welcome to the team."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Once you're in the Vortex long enough it just stops mattering."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen.

"Yes. From my previous experience on this planet things will get interesting...any minute now."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen looks over the contract for catches, fine print, hidden gently caress-yous, etc. "Do we have any idea where the demonhost and his entourage are located? I assume its him, and the four naked marines that were just in here."

She glances at R'venous. "..." then back at the rest of the team, "Also, how does a marine lose his armor, especially four of them? For about half of you guys, its physically melded with your flesh, fer gently caress's sake." she glances up at the vid screen displaying the fight. "I guess we should go pick up the rest of the team down at the brouhaha down at the hospital first and then move on our plans."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

The heretek holds her head in frustration. "I'm guessing they're gonna attack on us on sight? Can we at least get a map of the place from here to there? Thank gently caress I brought transportation."

She looks around at the others. "You all head for the med bay, I'll meet you over there with the vehicle and we can get this bullshit over with."

Unless there are no objections, trying to get a map, then moving to get the truck and meeting everyone out by the med bay.

• Locked thread