Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

Bartameus watches Kayleen flip the cards, mesmerized by the patterns on them. He mutters, "The gate. The gate is between the stars. The key is in the gate. We must enter the void beyond the wild to find the truth. But the master guards the way. Beware the hounds of fate."

Then he blinks, and smiles at her. "Oh, are we playing cards? Please, deal me in. I enjoy cards." He pulls up a chair and looks at the hulking Chaos Marine next to him. "Hail and well met, good sir. And your companions.", he says, nodding his head at the nurglings.

pre:
PREALLIGNED TO Tzeentch
Name:  Bartameus Pax
Archetype: Psyker
Pride: Foresight
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Arcane

Characteristics:
WS:	25+13+5                =43
BS:	25+13+5                =43
S:	25+12-3                =34
T:	25+14                  =39
Ag:	25+10+5                =40
Int:	25+15-4+2              =38
Per:	25+15+5+5              =50
WP:	25+15+5+10             =55
Fel:	25+12-5                =32
Inf:	19+4+2+15+(see below)  =46

Infamy tracker:

Base 40
+5 (Demon name)
+1 (Opening Fight)

Wounds: 9
Corruption: 4+4+25 =33

Skills:

Awareness
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Screaming Vortex)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Soothsayer)
Psyniscience +10
Forbidden Lore (Psykers, the Warp)
Deceive
Dodge
Logic
Charm
Stealth
Interrogation

Talents:

Psy Rating 7
Jaded
Weapon Training (Primary, Shock, SP)
Warp Sense
Infused Knowledge 
Paranoia 
Resistance (Psyker)
Strong Minded 
Blasphemous Incantation

Traits:
The Quick and The Dead (+2 bonus to Initiative Rolls)
Chaos Psyker
Unnatural Willpower (1)

Psychic Powers:

Precognition
Personal Augury
Glimpse
Preternatural Awareness
Precognitive Strike 
Precognitive Dodge 
Bolt of Change

Mark of Chaos:
Mark of Tzeentch 
Warpsmith
Demon Name
Demon Weapon:
   Dakoth (Shotgun)
   30m S/-/- ROF 1d10+7 I 7 PEN INFINITE Ammo Reliable, Scatter, Tearing
  -Gain a focus power bonus equal to +6 while shotgun is drawn.
  -On suffering one or more wounds, target must pass a +0 T test or roll on mutation chart.

Gear:

Common Craftsmanship Stub Revolver
Common Craftsmanship Neural Whip
Flak Cloak
Psi-Focus
Dataslate filled with Arcane Lore (the Codex Astrum Prohibitum)
Tailisman of Tzeentch
Polix Heavy Khopesh
Autogun w/Extended Magazine, Red dot sight, and Spread Limiter

Special Acquisitions:

Prismatic Amulet (-40)
Mesh Combat Cloak (-10)
Castir Lightning Khopesh (-10)
Tarnor Mimic Mask (0)

6500/6500 XP spent

Simple Agility (250 xp) 
Simple Perception (250 xp)
Simple Ballistic Skill (250 xp)
Simple Willpower (100 xp)
Simple Intelligence (250 xp)
Intermediate Willpower (250 xp)
Forbidden Lore (The Warp) (100 xp)
Infused Knowledge (400 xp)
Weapon Training (SP)(250 xp)
Precognitive Strike (300 xp)
Precognitive Dodge (200 xp)
Logic (100 xp)
Charm (200 xp)
Psiniscience +10 (200 xp)
Stealth (200 xp)
Interrogation (200 xp)
Paranoia (300 xp)
Resistance (Psyker) (500 xp)
Psy Rating 4 (750 xp)
Strong Minded (300 xp)
Blasphemous Incantation (400 xp)
Basic Weapon Skill (250 xp)
Bolt of Change (500 xp)
Alignment: 

Nurgle - 1
Khorne - 
Slaanesh - 1
Tzeentch - 10

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

"You have a beautiful bird", Bartameus says to Venificus. "Is it trained?" As he's admiring the bird, Hassan enters. "Oh, my," he says. "You certainly know how to make an entrance, sir!", as he claps.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

Bartameus stands up, pours himself a cup of recaf and gets a donut, and while he's up, tries to pick up some of Drevan's spilled blood, because his philosophy is that you never know when you'll need blood. Seeing no blood, he mutters under his breath about people who use rude slang and sits back down.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 17, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

Bartameus eats his doughnut. "That's a handy little thing. Do you think the governor sells them?" He crumples up a napkin and throws it on the floor, watching it intently to see if it'll trigger the servitor.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

Bartameus watches the Butcher, impressed at his ingenuity, but at the same time saddened by the destruction of a good set of cards. "You know", he says to Kayleen. "More can be done with those cards than merely games of chance. If you can save them from the pool of recaf, I can show you their true power."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

"Probably best not to kill anyone until we find out exactly what's going on. Plus, it's rude to our host.", Bartameus says as he sits at the table and lays out the cards, peering at them, trying to figure out what they can tell him about his companions and his mission. "Hmm, interesting. Interesting.", he mutters as he looks at the cards. "Two of Nurgle. That's not good."

Trade (Soothsayer) 38 to say sooth.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

Bartameus, still deep in concentration with his cards, mutters something about alcohol not being good for you, but his hand goes to the wineglass anyway, almost reflexively. Then he realizes that wine provided by a Slaanesh worshiper likely ISN'T good for you, and puts it down. It's probably poisoned anyway. That's the sort of thing people do. Poison your wine and food. The doughnut was probably poisoned too. Oh well, at least they all ate it, so they'd all be poisoned. Unless only his doughnut was poisoned. Yes, he could see that. But, wait, that was too obvious. What if all the doughnuts were poisoned but his? Then when the rest of them died, the suspicion would be on him. No, of course they'd expect him to think that. Their host was much too clever for that. The diabolical man DIDN'T poison the doughnuts. Of course, it's all clear to him now. Oh, their host was ingenious, ingenious indeed. Bartameus sighs at the thought that people as wicked as that exist in the world.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bartameus

"Hello, Mr. Balathu!", Bart says cheerfully. "It seems like now, our group is finally complete! Tell me,", he asks, "Do you have a preference among the so called "Gods" of Chaos? Do you, perhaps, favor the Lord of Decay?", and as he says this, he turns over the King of Nurgle, a card showing the corpulent god on a palanquin carried by Nurglings. "Or, is your preference, the Lord of Blood?", and there he turns over the Knave of Khorne, a Bloodthirster riding on a Juggernaut. "Or, perhaps, the Master of Secrets?", and he turns over the Knight of Tzeentch, a Thousand Sons sorcerer in mid spell. "Or, is it the Prince of Pleasure?", and he turns over the Queen of Slaanesh, a Daemonette in ecstacy as she disembowels a worshiper. "Or, perhaps, no one god at all, but Chaos in its multitude of forms?", and he turns over the card the Star, showing the Chaos Star rising over a barren landscape.

"In fact, I would ask the question of all of you, although, some, from your actions and demeanor, I can already guess the answer to my question."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

"Fascinating. So, you're a psychiatrist, then? How do you see the various Chaos cults, psychologically speaking, I mean?"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

"So then, do you see the Chaos cults as. . .how do I put this, as aberrational? It seems to me that the forces that the Dark Gods control and are the manifestation of are fundamental. Change, destruction, decay, and reward seem to be basic concepts. Can you call them 'evil'? Isn't that an attempt to impose human concepts of morality on nature? Because isn't morality itself infinitely changeable, as individuals define as 'moral' that which benefits them and 'immoral', that which harms them? When the atoms fuse in a star, we don't call that "evil", even though it's a force of enormously destructive power and changes the fundamental nature of the atoms involved."

"It seems to me", Bart says, sipping his (possibly poisoned, but probably not) wine, "that individuals join Chaos cults because they seek the favor of the dark gods so that they will give them power. And they do actions that others would call 'evil', either because they think them good or they just don't care much one way or another."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

"Immortality is a futile hope. It's just a form of stasis. But all things change. All things develop. And all things break down. Even our friend's gun there. It wasn't always a gun. In time, it will stop being one. I don't deny some people seek it. But eventually they'll be disappointed. But I think reducing it all to a fear of death is an oversimplification. Do you fear death?", Bart asks the hulking Nurglite.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

"Oh, don't dismiss predictions of the future so easily, my Nurglite friend. While all things change and alter, everything is pattern. Discern the pattern, uncover the underlying nature of reality and the laws that govern it, and the past, present, and future are all laid out for you. It's a mistake that too many people make. They see each event as independent, when really there's an interconnectivity in all things. Since every event influences every other event, even actions which seem insignificant can have massive effects. So, to predict the future, one merely has to take into effect the inputs. It's simply a matter of becoming omniscient. Which is, admittedly, a long term goal."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

"It's not. It's not like that. I'm not saying that I worship Tzeentch", he says, as the emblem of Tzeentch hangs from his neck, "but, what the worship of Tzeentch is about is knowledge. Destruction might be inevitable, but you don't want to walk in blind. Better to know what's happening than just accept it. And, really, destruction is itself creation, because it's only destruction of form. We know that matter and energy aren't created or destroyed. Just the forms they take. So, what seems to be "destruction" is really just transformation into another thing. And maybe that's effective immortality; mutability of form but continuance of substance."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart gets up from the table and offers Kayleen her cards back. "Well, it looks like we're up. Time to see what we can do for the governor. . . or to the governor, I suppose."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart thinks about the Noise Marine's statement, but doesn't say anything. It reminded him of those hypocrites at the monastery, preaching pity and compassion for the weak, but brutally oppressing anyone weaker.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart stares at the hoard coming towards them. "drat. Just. drat." He reaches back and draws Dakoth, the runes on the shotgun glowing a faint purple as the demon within mutters obscenities directly into his brain. All the enemy is dangerous, but the cleric is the most dangerous, he thinks, as the man seeks to engulf them all in flame, the Ecclesiarchy's preferred punishment for worshipers of the Dark Gods.

So, leveling his weapon at the Cleric, he squeezes off a blast of shot at the man as Dakoth's psychic laughter echoes his own.

Using Warp Sense to detect psykers in the arena as a free action. Standard Attack with my demonic shotgun at the Cleric.
BS 43+10 for Standard Attack +10 for short range

pre:
Bart

WS    BS     S      T    Ag    Int   Per   WP    Fel
43    43     34    39    40    38    50    55    32

Initiative Bonus: 6      Wounds: 9/9      Infamy Points: 4/4

Skills:  Dodge
Traits/Talents:  Jaded, Paranoia, Resistance (Psyker), Strong Minded, Unnatural Willpower (1)

Equipped Weapon:
Dakoth (Shotgun)  30m S/-/- ROF 1d10+7 I 7 PEN INFINITE Ammo Reliable, Scatter, Tearing

Equipped Armor:

Mesh Combat Cloak  AP: 4 Arms, Body, Legs
Tarnor Mimic Mask (+20 to Charm, Deceive, Intimidate Tests, Half Action to give self Fear (1)
Talisman of Tzeentch (All psykers not dedicated to Tzeentch must pass willpower test or lose 1 psy rating per
degree of failure)
Prismatic Amulet (Force Field, Protection rating 60, if overloads, attacker suffers 2d10 energy damage)

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 19, 2013

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart giggles. He's never had this much fun. Then, he gets quiet. Excessive levity, after all, is not appropriate on this somber occasion. After all, men are dying! Yes, it's really quite sad. He cheers on Drevan. Then, he opens his mind to the warp. seeking to discover any new threats beyond the servants of the Emperor who lie dead or dying around him.

Casting Preternatural Awareness unbound. Test is against 111 (Psyniscience 60 + (Psi rating 7*5) +6 (From Demon Weapon) +10 (from Psi Focus). Then Delay

pre:
Bart

Traits/Talents:  Jaded, Paranoia, Resistance (Psyker), Strong Minded, Unnatural Willpower (1)

Equipped Weapon:
Dakoth (Shotgun)  30m S/-/- ROF 1d10+7 I 7 PEN INFINITE Ammo Reliable, Scatter, Tearing

Equipped Armor:

Tarnor Mimic Mask (+20 to Charm, Deceive, Intimidate Tests, Half Action to give self Fear (1)
Talisman of Tzeentch (All psykers not dedicated to Tzeentch must pass willpower test or lose 1 psy rating per
degree of failure)
Prismatic Amulet (Force Field, Protection rating 60, if overloads, attacker suffers 2d10 energy damage)

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart watches one of the flowers that he had mutated run off. He waves goodbye to it as he turns to accompany the Slaaneshi and the rest of Beta 32. At least he accomplished something this fight. "That could have gone better", he says to no one in particular.

Spending 500 xp on Bolt of Change

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart looks around at the the new room. It was, as mentioned, nicer than the old waiting room. As he waits, he listens to the conversation, and wonders, if the Men of Iron were so unstoppable, how it was they had been stopped before.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart chuckles to himself and then sits in a chair with his back to the wall, a glass of some alcoholic drink in one hand. "The Inquisition. Heh. You all think you know about them. Heh. Heh. You only know what they want you to know. They're everywhere. See everything. That's what they're about, really. Information. They take it in. They don't give it out. Heh. If they control what people know, they control the Empire. That's why they hunt 'heretics' and Xenos. Don't want people exposed to 'alien' ideas, by which they mean ideas that aren't filtered through them. You think that Space Marine was the only Inquisition agent here? Who knows, maybe one of you is. Maybe more than one. That's something that they do. They send the Space Marine to get caught. And then we all think we found the spy and let down our guard." A nerve on his face twitches. "They're like that. Tricky. But I have the cards and the book. And I have the favor of the Opener of the Ways. He lets me see through their tricks. He lets me pierce the veil of ignorance and lies. I think. Yes, I can do an augury. I can find out if the Inquisition is here."

He goes over to a table, and pushing the items on it aside (Causing a recaf pot to get precariously close to the edge), puts down his tarot. Come. Does anyone want to know? Do any of you wish to see if the Inquisition is a danger to you here?"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart's upper lip curls as he sees the filthy Nurgling on the table, and he is careful not to touch it. "You wish to know what the future holds you? You wish me to uncover the mystery of fate?" When the thing nods, he says, "Very well. We will determine if you, and by association, your master, and by association the rest of us, will be hunted by the forces of the Inquisition, or by anyone else in the near future, and what challenges we will face. Focus on the cards and the question. Do NOT touch the cards"

With that, he gathers the cards up, lays them out, and allows himself to use them to channel him into the warp.

Using Personal Augury on the Nurgling to figure out what enemies the party will face, and how we will overcome them. Unfettered Focus test. 60 (Psyniscience +10) + 0 (Challenging Test) +35 (Psi rating 7) +10 (Psy-Focus)=105

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bart

Bart stares at the beings and blinks. That reading was more on the nose than his readings tended to be. And to think, he had wondered when the card with animals symbolized. He's a little disappointed. It was just so....obvious? Oh well, he thinks. He draws his shotgun with the one hand, and with the other, points at the lion-headed man, channeling the warp through him. Then, he shows the lion headed marine the power of Tzeentch.

Drawing my shotgun. Then Bolt of Change, unfettered at Renoir., focus test 111

pre:
Bart

Equipped Weapon:

Equipped Armor:

degree of failure)

• Locked thread