Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I had to pause the tv 3 or 4 times so that I could laugh really hard without missing any of the ridiculous plot. I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Oh god, I'm so excited! :neckbeard:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Annakie posted:

Preview of next week's episode on Entertainment Weekly. Contains spoilers, obviously.

Gif:

I love how the horseman's lack of head is the O in the show's logo there.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Annakie posted:

I'm so relieved that the second episode lived up to the pilot.

If you guys have any gif requests, let me know. I don't think I'm gonna recap the entire episode again (that took a couple of hours) but I've been making gifs for tumblr and would be happy to make anything the thread requests. :)

Are there any good Satan gifs, from either episode? Maybe that scene where he's sneaking up on Cho in the jail cell? (Please forgive me, if this exists already).

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Annakie posted:

This is what I have right now, Satan-wise:

I think that's all the best shots we have of satan so far, but I've only watched the second ep once.

Yay, thanks! :neckbeard: I think these two are my favourite. If I throw these up on tumblr, is there anything I should do in the way of crediting you for making them or anything?

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Snak posted:

This has already kind of been mentioned, but is the headless horsemen supposed to be Death? Because they specifically quoted "Held a bow" and cut to the branding of the bow on his hand. This would make him Conquest. Katrina names Conquest as the first horseman as well. I don't really care if the horseman come out of order, but I'm very confused about which horseman they are saying is currently headless...

I think pre-zombie Cho referred to him as being Death itself when he was telling Abbie the horseman couldn't be stopped.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Mr. Maltose posted:

Saw an interview with Orlando Jones where he said the show's already been plotted years out.

:dance:

Gyges posted:

I'm surprised the Captain is new to the force himself. They way they've been acting so far he's been there for a while. Then this episode he gets new dude pranked.

I thought he only showed up right after the sheriff was killed in the first episode?

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

...! posted:

Geronimotors :allears:

Is that what the car dealership was called? I didn't notice that. I'll have to pay attention for that on a rewatch.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Woah, Fox is renewing a sci-fi fantasy show early? Yay!!

Edit: Does the music in this remind anyone else of Fringe?

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 3, 2013

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Compendium posted:

The last episode was fun, but this one was another wonderful train of crazy. It makes me wonder what the season finale will be like...

The finale should be the trio hanging out at an amusement park or trick or treating while the demons bitch about having their yearly plan ruined.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Croisquessein posted:

So Abby knew Corbin all this time, worked with him, but didn't know that Corbin was frequently hanging out and working with/training Jenny all this time? I'm also confused about when and why Jenny ended up in the psych ward and whether Corbin tried to get her out (if it was before he died). I'm assuming that he just knew Abby wasn't on board with the occult stuff and just kept it to himself, but it seems a lot to keep from his friend/surrogate daughter especially since it's regarding her estranged sister. I'm sure I just missed some details, but I didn't get this part.

Still loving the poo poo out of this show, and the opening bit with the Northstar lady was pure gold.

Yes, Abby knew Corbin all this time but had no idea he was also working with her sister Jenny. I believe Jenny was put in the psych ward after getting arrested for stealing a bunch of survival gear and claiming she needed it because the Biblical Apocalypse was coming. I can't remember if the show said how long ago that was exactly, but it was several years at least. I don't think there was any information about whether Corbin tried to get her out or not. I imagine he didn't say anything to Abby because she and her sister did not get along, and Jenny was very angry with her. She may have even requested that he not tell Abby.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Hey, there's a marathon of the first five episodes on FX today (Oct. 26), starting at 1pm if there's anyone who needs to catch up or wants to watch again.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

pentyne posted:

I keep seeing Sleepy Hollow being mentioned in reference to "new broadcast strategies" since they are doing a 13 episode season like on AMC. Is it getting 13 eps because of some forward thinking strategy or because Fox is just throwing Hail Marys left and right?

I think I remember reading that the show creators had the option of either a "full season" order (22 eps or whatever) or fewer eps and an instant renewal for a 2nd season, and they went for instant renewal.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I'm a little confused. Based on previous episodes, I thought Moloch was holding Katrina hostage in that Purgatory type town from the episode with the sick kid that spoke Middle English. But in tonight's episode, she said her coven had banished her to that church she was in during Ichabod's vision. What? Did I miss something?

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DurosKlav posted:

So which horseman is Ichibods father going to be?

More like "Which horseman will Ichabod end up being?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Waffleman_ posted:

Fox is rerunning the first season Thursdays at 8 to provide a refresher for season 2. They showed the pilot last week, but if they do one episode a week, they're not gonna finish in time. My DVR has two recordings of it scheduled, so they might be doing 2 episodes a week after this, I dunno. I'm not sure how far that thing plans ahead. It gave me a chance to introduce my parents to the show, and they absolutely loved it.

Also, the trailer for S2 at the end had Ben Franklin in it. :getin:

I just checked 8pm Thursday on my DVR, to set a recording, and this week they're showing episode 4.

• Locked thread