Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ernest Meets 2018

This show has already delivered for creating a trailer that is just three minutes of concentrated crazy: http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...rama-55639.html

In fact, we should try to get a new thread title on that trailer alone. My suggestion? Ho Ho Ho the Headless Horseman has a Machinegun!

Shageletic fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2013 around 01:07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ernest Meets 2018

Astroman posted:

I like that the show is so popular so fast, but I hope the fandom doesn't reach annoying levels too quickly. I could see it becoming the next Supernatural...

Though one thing it already has in common with Supernatural is their depictions of Purgatory.

I think this episode might be its "racist truck" episode. Just an amazingly ineptly written hour of TV. The plot was perfunctory and kinda ridiculously bare. The actors tried to wring the most out of it but by the time you literally had the CDC shaking hands in the background because everything turned ok because of unearned plot point #21, I'd given up on liking the episode. Hope they minimize the writer who wrote this and get back to the breathless and racing storylines, and banter that is actually fun to listen to rather than boring set-ups with a lot of eye-gazing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ernest Meets 2018

Gyges posted:

The well in the town had holy water in it and when Ichabod baptized himself and the boy it exercised the evil, curing the plague and releasing the spirits of the Roanoke Colony.

That's not exactly clearing it up. Didn't the townspeople use the well beforehand? Ah, whatever. I'm not a hater. I just have high expectations I suppose. Looking forward to what's next!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ernest Meets 2018

grrarg posted:

Just watched the pilot again on the FX marathon. Headless Horseman with a shotgun and assault rifle is still awesome.

Pound for pound it might be one of the most enjoyable drama pilots that I've seen in recent times.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ernest Meets 2018

Does anyone know who wrote "Bad Blood"? I thought there was an appreciable jump in the quality of the writing, and I'm super curious.

Also, everything rocked. Everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ernest Meets 2018

Deadpool posted:

Alex Kurtzman and Mark Goffman. They've been credited on several episodes this season. Of course Kurtzman is the co-creator. But like most shows there's a writers room and really no one single person writes the episodes. They all pitch in ideas and such.

Yeah, but then one person is tasked with writing it out. You can tell sometimes, I mean just look at the Darin Morgan episodes in X-Files. I like to follow the credits, and follow to where they end up.

• Locked thread