Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Best use of Sympathy for the Devil Emmy is locked up right here. This show is fantastic and insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

No Manners No posted:

Well, I'm hooked as long as it doesn't suck the fun out of itself before the first season is up like Heroes did. How long before this song gets played in an episode?

Or this song...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
What killed Zero Hour was its insistence, that it was 'Serious Business', and the fact that Anthony Edwards has been incapable of enjoying himself in a role since 'Gotcha'. 'Sleepy Hollow' does not have either of these issues which gives me hope.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

imperialparadox posted:

I liked the show, though parts of it didn't make sense to me. I guess I can buy the seemingly strange police ineptitude though, because it's like that way because of "evil plot." Hopefully a character will call out the fact that their police department is strange.

At least the PD is more competent than Sunnydale's.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
They're probably going to bring the seven deadly sins in too aren't they?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The TV IVSleepy Hollow - John Cho - Demonic Temp

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
As long as there is more Zombie Cho I will watch this sshow.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Midnight City posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to jump on you for not liking the same show I do but it's weird you just complained about something Grimm is far, far worse at. I couldn't even make it through the 4th or 5th episode of Grimm because of how generic it was. It's basically Sleepy Hollow that takes itself way too seriously and doesn't have any of the humor.

To be fair, Grimm does have Monroe, Hank, and Wu...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Or this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washingtonians

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Car dealer/Shaman was a great touch.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Read his 'Rip Van Winkle' too. Early American authors wote some amazing stuff. Hawthorne, Cooper, Irving...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I can not wait for the next episode of 'John Cho -- Demonic Temp'.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Going into an evil overlord's castle and there's tigers with laser eyes chasing you. That would seem calm and restrained compared to this goddamn show.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lycus posted:

Yeah, I don't remember the War of 1812 being covered until high school, and it was I think it was pretty brief then. Not something we focus on.

I'm from Baltimore. The schools there drill in the War of 1812 because of the fact that the National Anthem was written at the Battle of Fort McHenry.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

KilGrey posted:

His descendant is named Sherlock Holmes. Ichabod and Abbie fly to New York City to find him and his partner, Joan Watson.

I would watch that...I am so sorry.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Neat interview with Damien Kindler about the OnStar scene

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/09/sleepy-hollow-ichabod-onstar-lady/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Digitized Clancy Brown!

Also...Jenny!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHT4DV_Jxg

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

precision posted:

...how have I never before heard of this? It's literally The Blaxorcist.

e: oh, the video title already made that joke. Whoops.

You've never seen it?!?! Oh god you're in for a treat (for a certain value of treat of course...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckW5bcHNDs

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm increasingly used to him as Mr. Krabbs.

But the Kurgan (and Sgt. Zim) is really where it's at with Clancy Brown.

Rawhide :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The Lord Bude posted:

I love this show so much, I just discovered it after it was mentioned in the Almost Human thread, and I've just spent the past two days marathoning all the episodes so far.

It's the closest thing to Buffy/Angel that's existed since Angel finished.

Grimm is actually closer, but Sleepy Hollow is in the ballpark.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Sober posted:

Oh man, New Amsterdam was what, 2006?

fake edit: drat 2008, that was ages ago.

I would so appreciate a New Amsterdam tie-in.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I just finished watching it after reading this thread and it just goes to show. If a show is good enough, spoilers can't hurt it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
None of the cast phones it in. They all take what they know is absolutely batshit insane material and sell the everloving poo poo out of it. I have never had more respect for Orlando Jones than from from this series. He is amazing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rabbit Hill posted:

I just saw Tom Mison in Parade's End playing an upperclass twit named Potty. He was good and all, but the character is so one-note you'd never guess Mison had all that wry humor and charm inside of him. :allears:

But he did look cute with a handlebar mustache.

Watch him in Slingers!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I like to think the network execs try to write notes on this and just break down sobbing in confusion...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Even better, Lyndie Greenwood has too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Astrofig posted:

I've used 'Like Grimm only better' before.

I've used 'Like Grimm only completely different'. Hey it worked. :shrug:

• Locked thread