Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
But...but....they didn't speak Middle English in 1570!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

El Tortuga posted:

Not to bring the fandom back up, but you either ship IchLanda, or you get the gently caress out.

Amen.

Things I want:

* some more ghost sheriff visits. I love me some threatening, authoritarian Clancy Brown, but this kindly, fatherly Clancy Brown is nice, too. More sheriff voiceovers, too. :allears: (<--literally :haw:)

* more moments of Crane boggling at 21st century progress per episode. I can understand why the show doesn't want to lean too hard on that and make it tiresome, but at the same time, most of the fun of using the character of a resurrected Ichabod Crane as your guide to the apocalypse instead of some random visionary is the fish-out-of-time/water, so you might as well milk that for all its worth.

* more Jenny.

* more for Katrina to do than just stand in foggy glades looking wistful and cryptic.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just caught up on episodes 6 and 7, and I noticed that the British officer who is revealed to be possessed by a demon was named Tarleton. Banastre Tarleton was the British officer who was the model for Jason Isaacs' character, the evil Col. Tavington, in the movie The Patriot, and the actor they cast as Tarleton looked quite a bit like Jason Isaacs.

I loved the extended bit on Jefferson and Sally Hemmings, like you think it's going to be a throwaway line, but no, they keep going and going.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That was....genuinely scary. I thought I was too drat old to get scared sitting alone and watching demon poo poo on the TV, but welp.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget he was a nice dad in Earth 2. Uh, if anyone remembers Earth 2.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whaaaa- He's in my avatar yo doesn't that look like someone you'd remember lordy he's only the best character on the show oh my :supaburn:

Seriously, if anyone here hasn't watched Carnivale, you need to remedy that.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's the journey, not the destination. :colbert:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just saw Tom Mison in Parade's End playing an upperclass twit named Potty. He was good and all, but the character is so one-note you'd never guess Mison had all that wry humor and charm inside of him. :allears:

But he did look cute with a handlebar mustache.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Has there been any word about the Sheriff popping up this season, either in flashback or ghost form? I need my Clancy Brown fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What, Spongebob Squarepants not got enough Clancy for you?

Jingleheimer posted:

I've been thinking about doing a Carnivale rewatch lately, perhaps you should do the same.

I want NEW Clancy Brown, goddammit. :colbert: And this show had nice, fatherly Clancy Brown instead of...you know, the usual.

• Locked thread