Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Just saw this now. I'm 100% on board for this ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Decius posted:

Crazily bonkers, I love it. This bodes well for the new TV season. Nice to see some decent viewership numbers for this. Luckily dead doesn't have to mean dead, because it would be too bad losing two great actors and interesting characters completely so early on.

I think Sherrif Clancy Brown is going to be around in voice form.

edit- I kind of want to get an avatar from this, but the last time I did that after a pilot I loved it didn't work out clearly.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Its probably a legacy from Fringe since Kurtzman and Orci learned that genre shows just can't sustain a slow burn. You have to actually give the audience a reason to stick around.

I like the symmetry of Clancy Brown being in this and Carnivale.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Conquistador posted:

It would be pretty hilarious if the show completely changed direction and just sucked balls from here on out. Are there any other shows that had awesome pilots and then just went terrible? Besides like, The Wire and maybe the perennially overrated Breaking Bad

See avatar.

\/

Yes I'm reffering indeed to Last Resort.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 23, 2013

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I love that somehow Ichabod was the most progressive 18th century man ever.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Tupping Liberty posted:

Plus I learned something as I didn't know what region pow wows came from and thought it wasn't from New England natives (and therefore Crane wouldn't have known what they were), but nope, it's a Narraganset word. Thanks show!

About his unusual progressiveness for the time, it's another thing I'm willing to take in stride and write off as, "Well, when you're a demon hunter, you probably figure out that real evil isn't a race or ethnicity issue."

Well probably it would be more likely it would gender equality that would be an issue with a typical fella.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Sweet! Now just five more renewals to go. Also its cool that this is a 13 episode show, I didn't know that, but I think it works better.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Now I want the Button Gwinnett bible to be a plot point.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Croisquessein posted:

I was not sure about Orlando Jones for a while, he seemed to know something, was resistant to their efforts, and the show seemed to be setting him up as a possible antagonist, but lately he's been so cooperative and supportive, but also seeming to know something, that I'm wondering if he might be an undercover good witch. We know the good witches are at work in Sleepy Hollow, but haven't really seen them yet, other than Katrina. It would be really cool if he's our introduction to the good Coven.

There was the priest with the chains spell.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Rabbit Hill posted:

Amen.

Things I want:

* some more ghost sheriff visits. I love me some threatening, authoritarian Clancy Brown, but this kindly, fatherly Clancy Brown is nice, too. More sheriff voiceovers, too. :allears: (<--literally :haw:)

* more moments of Crane boggling at 21st century progress per episode. I can understand why the show doesn't want to lean too hard on that and make it tiresome, but at the same time, most of the fun of using the character of a resurrected Ichabod Crane as your guide to the apocalypse instead of some random visionary is the fish-out-of-time/water, so you might as well milk that for all its worth.

* more Jenny.

* more for Katrina to do than just stand in foggy glades looking wistful and cryptic.

I want a long drawn out wizard battle, then Abbie comes by and just shoots the bad wizard.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Deadpool posted:

It's fine. Already renewed for a second season. Though it will only have 13 episode seasons like cable.

The ratings better then fine actually, its a bonafide hit.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 25, 2013

• Locked thread