Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Man, wouldn't it be great if the other 3 horsemen where on the bad guy side of America's wars. War himself burnt down the white house during the War of 1812, Famine chilled out with the nazis, and Philistine was on the Confederate side and recently trade in his horse for the General Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ImpulseDrive posted:

Pestilence, not Phillistine.

Pestilence retired in 1936 following the discovery of penicillin.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I just watch this with three "tactical realism" guys who were not into it at all in the beginning, but I managed to make them sit through the whole thing and it was great to watch as their reactions slowly took a 180 on the show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh man oh man, I really hope the real reason behind the Burr-Hamilton duel was that they were in each other's rival coven.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Katrina is the Lone Gunman, Orlando Jones is Skinner, and Benedict Arnold is Alex Krycek.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Gyges posted:

And you do have to differentiate because Ghost Witch Wife is also hot. Really, unsurprisingly, pretty much everyone on the show is pretty attractive. Except the Horseman and Focus Impaired Demon, of course.

I can't wait until the reveal that Death is the only unattractive horseman, and that eventually motivates him to betray the other three and join the good guy side.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This was a bit weaker than the first two, but had a lot more legitimately creepy moments. Its pretty cool that this show can strike a good balance of goofy horror monsters (the Headless Horseman and Zombie Cho) and some legitimately scary ones (white demon and dream demon.)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Viola the Mad posted:

Honestly, I think I'd prefer it if the captain was exactly who he says he is. I felt that last scene with him struck the right note for who he should be. He's the police chief with a ton of poo poo on his plate, and Ichabod and Abby are his weird poo poo guys. He doesn't want the details, he just wants it solved. I wouldn't be surprised if he (and possibly the entire police station) accept the supernatural stuff eventually. You know, after the dramatic potential of "Abbie and Crane vs. the unbelieving world" wears too thin. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the angry chief episodes.

:colbert: MILLS! CRANE! GET IN HERE!
:hist101: :nyd: Hey, we had to burn down the hotel to put down John Cho once and for all.
:colbert: YOU'RE A PAIR OF LOOSE CANNONS! GIVE ME YOUR BADGE!

John Cho comes back though, this show really is just about his rise to power.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So I guess Captain Irving is mostly going to serve as a window to the reactions of the rest of the police force to all this occult stuff along with the normal Skinner style role.

I love how this show is extremely well educated in the things they are referencing but still gives no crap in representing any of this truthfully.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope the writers read Deadpool comics and just steal the Ben Franklin's ghost idea. Or have a time traveling Ben Franklin.

Just bring in Ben Franklin.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DOOP posted:

Down with this. Ben Franklin with assault rifles one-upping the Horseman would be amazing.

Or going with an earlier goon suggestion, and retconning the source of the Burr-Hamilton duel due to the opposing witches covens.

That was me also.

Just hire me as a writer Sleepy Hollow.

KilGrey posted:

Who should play him?

Harold Ramis.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 12, 2013

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Cool, more John Cho next episode. I hope we get to see where he has been hanging out since we last saw him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Purno posted:

Actually it was the same flower Crane talked about earlier that shivers up for days at human touch. But the one the girl holds looks completely fine (since she's actually dead :ssh:). I thought that was a pretty cool little detail.

And people call this a dumb show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rabbit Hill posted:

Things I want:

* some more ghost sheriff visits. I love me some threatening, authoritarian Clancy Brown, but this kindly, fatherly Clancy Brown is nice, too. More sheriff voiceovers, too. :allears: (<--literally :haw:)

* more moments of Crane boggling at 21st century progress per episode. I can understand why the show doesn't want to lean too hard on that and make it tiresome, but at the same time, most of the fun of using the character of a resurrected Ichabod Crane as your guide to the apocalypse instead of some random visionary is the fish-out-of-time/water, so you might as well milk that for all its worth.

* more Jenny.

* more for Katrina to do than just stand in foggy glades looking wistful and cryptic.

If we are talking about things we want more of, personally I want them to draw ideas from not only the american revolution but all parts of history. I just think it would be great to have Nero or Cleopatra to show up randomly in some form.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I kinda want Ichabod to slowly become an expert at using the internet as the show goes along.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like how we are seeing hints of Death actually having a personality instead of just being a evil headless guy. The way he went back for his axe and him getting legitimately piss at all the fake skulls was pretty funny. It seems like there is going to be more stuff like this in the next episode, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Katrina and Brom really should be together, they both love deviating from their side's grand plans.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Deadpool posted:

So with two Horsemen being resurrected folks directly connected to Crane now there's no way they don't bring back Clancy Brown as one the other two right?

Yeah, I expect the other two horsemen to be connected to Abby to keep things symmetrical.

Maybe one of them will be John Cho after one final demon promotion.

edit: I wonder if maybe Morales will come into play here somehow and do some rescuing, finally choosing a side.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 21, 2014

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asehujiko posted:

Bit disappointed that War spent all his screen time on a "no gently caress you dad" monologue and whoring out his mom while Death walks around shotgunning people.

I hope War keeps the glasses as he goes horsemanning around.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SexyBlindfold posted:

My biggest problem with the finale is that the way things ended up, it's probably gonna take a couple of episodes before we can reach a point where Ichabod goes back to being nonplussed about trivial 20th century things again. I mean, what's he gonna rail on about right now? Introduction of non-native ants species to traditional buried-alive habitats?

Katrina is going to have those scenes next season instead and the headless horseman is going have to show her how to work a blender or something.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The show will last seven seasons because the headless horseman will keep finding new reasons to delay the apocalypse for his own petty reasons.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would actually be cool with Abbie being in purgatory for like half a season if it means we get a lot of freaky creepy ghost people scenes. Maybe she could befriend some of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Crisco Kid posted:

Sleepy Hollow, Season 5: Ichabod and the Horseman become begrudging roommates. The Horseman can't understand the microwave, but Ichabod shows off by almost making it heat a cup of water. Then they spend half an episode trying out fake gag heads that will allow the Horseman to go out in public.

I know this is a joke but seriously the headless horseman is going to end up being a good guy again over the course of this show.

e: its going to be exactly like Return of the Jedi, Jeremy is going to be shooting warlock lightning at Crane as The Horseman silently watches.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 23, 2014

• Locked thread