Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The leads on this show are fantastic and have great chemistry already. I've seen the girl that plays Abbie in 42, but I've never seen the guy that plays Crane in anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

soapgish posted:

This entire thread's praise finely boils down to "It's a piece of crap that knows it belongs in a dumpster, and that's why it's good!" While there may be genuine enjoyment there, it's still an act of irony.

You know, if you think it's bad that's fine. But don't come in here and tell people that the only reason they like it is because it's so bad that it's good. Because that's bullshit. I think it's genuinely entertaining and well written. Is it a serious drama that's going to garner critical darling status? No. But after one episode it has the appearance of a fun show that's written well. So don't come in here and try to act all high and mighty and proclaim that the only reason other people like it is in an act of irony.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

First of all, that episode was again awesome. Loving this show. Second of all, apparently it had really great DVR gains on last week's episode as well as having a really solid live rating. Hope the second week drop isn't too steep. If these first two episodes are any indication I'll be watching this show for the duration.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

mr.capps posted:

Oh man oh man, I really hope the real reason behind the Burr-Hamilton duel was that they were in each other's rival coven.

If that happens I will proclaim this the greatest television show of all time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Midnight City posted:

Yes. Heroes had the same problem as Lost, both its lead writers admitting they just started making it up as they went along and when you have a show like Heroes with so many super powers and a show like Lost where it's all about the mystery, that's probably the worst way you could ever go with them.

I said it pages back too that Supernatural was originally intended for 5 seasons and they're going on the 9th now, the show went from dealing with the literal apocalypse in season 5 to...I don't even remember anything important in seasons 6-8.

If Sleepy Hollow is intended for 7 seasons truly, it'll be awesome.

vvv I'm still watching it too but I think the general opinion is that the quality of it nosedived after the 5th

I don't think that's the general opinion at all. The general opinion seems to be that the show kind of felt aimless for a while after the main storyline wrapped up but that they wrote themselves back into a really good place. Most people consider this last season to be one of the better ones they've done.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

mr.capps posted:

I love how this show is extremely well educated in the things they are referencing but still gives no crap in representing any of this truthfully.

I love this as well.

"Yeah, we know all about that, but that's not much fun. Here's how it really all went down."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Astroman posted:

I like that the show is so popular so fast, but I hope the fandom doesn't reach annoying levels too quickly. I could see it becoming the next Supernatural...

Though one thing it already has in common with Supernatural is their depictions of Purgatory. :v:

Just ignore that stuff. I watched Supernatural for years and never knew about the crazy fans until people here started brining it up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr.Drf posted:

I'm talking about the scene in "The Lesser Key of Solomon". Also the existence of my condition is simply disputed, not in anyway disproven.

Here is an article that is the closest thing I can find to an account of how I see things.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2013/07/18/what_is_it_like_to_have_a_photographic_memory.html

This is my last comment back to you. Please don't turn your knee jerk reaction towards anyone with a different opinion than you into a derail of this thread. Just talk about the show.

Midnight City posted:

:rolleyes: The taking my ball and going home approach, how original.

Since we both know you're actually reading this and just seething in impotent nerd rage I don't mind pointing out how stupid you look linking a blog post as proof you have 'condition' that has never been proven to even exist, well not when I can actually link something that was actually published by the same place you just tried to piggyback your claim onto.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2006/04/kaavya_syndrome.single.html

Shut up. Both of you. Nobody cares.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Would actually watch that team play baseball.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SyRauk posted:

How are the ratings doing? I do not want this canceled. It's the only new show that I actually look forward to watching.

It's fine. Already renewed for a second season. Though it will only have 13 episode seasons like cable.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The tree monster was awesome. This show continues to have the best monster designs. An the fact that most are practical effects is just the best.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

escape artist posted:

Wait, can I get a picture of "Charcoal witch"? My mind's drawing a blank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4JbP5fv2aU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CelticPredator posted:

I found this cool poster on The Twitter. Don't know if it's real or fan made...but it's cool as hell, and I want a whole set. :colbert:

That's Francesco Francavilla. He did similar ones for Breaking Bad. Here's the rest so far.

He's still working on 1.07.

http://francavillarts.tumblr.com/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So with two Horsemen being resurrected folks directly connected to Crane now there's no way they don't bring back Clancy Brown as one the other two right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shageletic posted:

Does anyone know who wrote "Bad Blood"? I thought there was an appreciable jump in the quality of the writing, and I'm super curious.

Also, everything rocked. Everything.

Alex Kurtzman and Mark Goffman. They've been credited on several episodes this season. Of course Kurtzman is the co-creator. But like most shows there's a writers room and really no one single person writes the episodes. They all pitch in ideas and such.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

nine-gear crow posted:

I think it's a case of Kurtzman, Orci and Olin being savvy enough producers to know that fantasy shows on FOX get murdered before they even have a chance to make it thought their opening credits so they went for "big, crazy, and fast," and somehow ended up winning. Terra Nova for instance failed because it went big, and sort of crazy, but not crazy enough and not fast enough, ergo the show with the unsinkable premise of "Stephen Lang punches the gently caress out of dinosaurs," tanked.

...Yes I know focusing too much on the stupid family and a guy named Brannon Braga didn't really help things either, but that's semantics.

Well this show was renewed after two episodes. If found a really large internet following very quickly and that carried it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Awesome. Definitely grabbing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think putting Crane in modern clothes for anything other than a specific and temporary plotting reason would be a big mistake. His clothes are part of the visual template of the series at this point.

• Locked thread