Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wait... why did they arrest him? The cop didn't know anything, he just got the call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

muscles like this? posted:

The thing that bothers me so far is that 144k people is not "small town." Which is what they're treating this as.

Yeah... that's a huge city.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Haha... Dollar bill is kind of clever.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Horsemen and wizards oh my.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Animal spirit guides

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh wow. His wife was a witch.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Nooooooo Cho

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
SEVEN YEAR BATTLE :v:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
poo poo. That was freaky.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

DivisionPost posted:

Ha ha ha this isn't going to last seven episodes

Shut your mouth, demon.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Groveling Toast posted:

IIRC the first horseman is conquest, who carries a bow and rides a white horse

Everyone knows that War is the first horseman...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Gonz posted:

10 million viewers and a 3.4 share last night.

Great. Hopefully it can keep it up.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hahaha... a sticky note for the lights. And shower. Everything.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh poo poo, Cho is back.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
FORTY ONE CENTS!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Not the kid.... :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Adopted. Lucky kid.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Next week looks good.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
OH god thats awful.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Regy Rusty posted:

An encyclopedia of faceless nightmare monsters would probably be a pretty useful thing to have. They get one of those.
Written by Thomas Jefferson.

VCRs... how do they work?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The song choices on this show are great.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Looks like we are back to the Horseman next week.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
No Cho either.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
MUTHERFUCKING ONSTAR

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
5 second recap

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
He got two shots off this time :v:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
God wasn't very fond of this Moloch guy...

Leviticus 20:2–5 posted:

Again, you shall say to the Sons of Israel: Whoever he be of the Sons of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that gives any of his seed l'Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. And I will set my face against that man and will cut him off from among his people; because he has given of his seed l'Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name. And if the people of the land do at all hide their eyes from that man, when he gives of his seed l'Molech, and do not kill him, then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go astray after him, whoring l'Molech from among the people.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They even had her sister say "So you and Crane are the two witnesses?" I thought that was a little too much of a misdirection.

I'm sure there will be a realization at some point on who the two witnesses are.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
War?

Going for a Sun Tzu style?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's English :smug:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wouldn't the hospital be the ones to contact this... CDC?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
So I guess this is Pestilence.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Got it. :smug:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Someone is building a cover story for Crane...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Best episode so far but drat next episode looks amazing.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Show was a big hit at NY Comic Con:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/10/sleepy-hollow-fandom-demands-be-heard/70507/

quote:

For a show that has only been on the air for four weeks—the fifth episode airs tonight—Sleepy Hollow's fan base is loud. That's, at least, what you would assume from the decibel level during the show's New York Comic Con panel Sunday.

As the increasingly vocal audience made themselves heard, it became more evident where fan obsession is taking root in this zany show that deals with apocalypse, witches, and the Revolutionary War. For some, it seems to be the dreaminess of lead Tom Mison. For others it's the central relationship between Mison's Ichabod Crane and Nicole Beharie's Lt. Abbie Mills. For others it's the references to demons and freemasonry. The panel proved that the first real success of the fall season—which was already granted a second season, and has an insane DVR lift in ratings—is having a real impact on fans.

The cast, alongside creators and executive producers, entered the panel to rock-star caliber squeals, which would continue sporadically throughout the event. For instance, the audiences cut executive producer Heather Kadin off when she mentioned that Mison "is a very strapping, good-looking British man" in the context of a discussion on casting. As the crowd cheered for Mison's strapping-ness, Orlando Jones (who plays Captain Frank Irving) squealed in turn. It should be said that Jones got his own share of catcalls, too, and an audience question even specifically asked him how he was "enjoying the fandom." When the cheers died down for Mison, Kadin continued that director/creator Len Wiseman really came up with the visual for Ichabod. "I made him," Wiseman quipped. "Thank you," someone from the audience called out. Mison, for what it's worth, knows how to work the audience, at one point saying that "flouncing tart in me just wants to ham it up" when discussing how he plays the humor in Ichabod's interactions with modern day technologies. The audience tittered.

But perhaps the best indication of what kind of hold the show is taking on fans came when the panel turned to a discussion of the fan "shipping" of Ichabod and Abbie, or rather "Ichabbie." When Mison said the connection between his and Beharie's characters was "platonic," the audience booed. "I’ve seen some of these pictures online as well by the way, y’all," Beharie cut in. "Not cool." This prompted Jones to add: "Fan art rocks! Who ships Ichabbie?" to rich crowd approval. (Yes, head to deviantART and see the sexy situations the characters find themselves in.) The importance of shipping to the fan base was confirmed further when the next question came from someone who began, "So if you’ve been paying attention at all to the Tumblr phenomenon of Sleepy Hollow, Icabbie is a huge deal."

The final two questions, though, confirmed that the fandom wasn't all about the shipping. "I’m a Freemason, and me and my Masonic brothers have been absolutely dorking out," one fan began as he asked the question as to whether there would be more Freemason culture. Another asked a complicated demonology question.

Asked earlier on in the panel to sum up where the "great fandom" comes from, Beharie put it as such: "Dare I say, it's kind of what America is right now. It's like a mix of everything. You have the romance, you have the action, you have sci-fi/fantasy, you have all these different cultures coming together, and for some reason it’s so wrong that it’s right."

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

hcreight posted:

Oh good lord no.

YESSS..... :unsmigghh:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh god, it's not all " Icabbie ".

Edit:

Ok, I'll stop now.