Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

pospysyl posted:

Supernatural's gone strong for, what, nine seasons? I think this will get two, at least.

Honestly the model for how the show may succeed is probably closer to Grimm. Not as much of a successful breakout like Once Upon A Time, but still a major network show that will probably find a slot somewhere and earn enough viewers in that slot to stick around for a while, if it manages past the first bump. But I doubt it will be a super long run like Supernatural, which has lots of strange factors at work for why it's been able to go on for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Conquistador posted:

Once Upon A Time is considered a "successful breakout"?

E: I mean, in same ways I agree because it shows Hurley as a goddamn cave troll or some poo poo and thats hilarious

Was going to type a bunch of stuff, but Wikipedia just makes it easier :

The first season premiered as the top-rated drama series. The pilot episode was watched by 13 million viewers and received a 4.0 rating/share among 18–49 year olds. It was the season's highest-rated drama debut among the age range and ABC's biggest debut in five years. With DVR viewers, the premiere climbed to 15.5 million viewers and a 5.2 rating/share in adults 18–49. The show's next three episodes had consistent ratings every week with over 11 million viewers. The series has become the number one non-sports program with viewers and young adults on Sunday nights.

The second season premiered to 12 million people, and though it's fallen off a bit, it's a Sunday show still in the top 20 18-49 rankings and it has a spinoff show premiering along side it in October.

So yes, I'd say it's pretty successful. I'm guessing ABC and any other network would agree.

• Locked thread