Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Carteret posted:

It's filmed entirely in NC, but I think they use "locations" just because it's less work than building a set. For example, last episode used a local cemetery for Clancy Brown's funeral and a lovely motel for Crane's post-it-note emporium.

If this show lasts seven years, at some point they're gonna have to go get some new aerial footage, the bridge you keep seeing, the Tappan Zee, is currently in the process of being replaced with another bridge.

I'm also patiently awaiting the episode where they get on Metro North (the railway they keep showing in night aerial shots) and hit the Big Apple, you know it has to happen. 'This town hath changed greatly, leftenant!'

Lastly, Sleepy Hollow / Tarrytown looks nothing like what they keep showing, I visit relatives and friends in Tarrytown, the town just south, and while there might be pockets of Olde New Englande here and there it's pretty much urbanized. And there's not a single Starbucks in Sleepy Hollow, the closest is up in Ossining or across the bridge in Nyack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Hef Deezy posted:

Abbie might be one of my favorite TV heroes in years. Ichabod is hot as hell and so fun to watch. And I'm really excited by the added wrinkle of Jenny joining the team. Four episodes in and this show is still super entertaining and actually emotionally effective.

IMHO, I agree, this show has the right mix of crazy, human drama, and lurking doom, but with good, believable characters.

After being forced to watch countless episodes of Dr. Who, it's nice to see a British guy who is clued in on some issues but totally clueless with others, but in a flawed human way and not some antisocial know-it-all who's too full of himself to admit when he's out of his league. Also nice to see an Englishman who isn't turning up his nose and saying 'Ewe Ammericans, pish-tosh' all the time.

quote:

So is Orlando Jones totally a part of the Hesion conspiracy? I feel like it was implied in the pilot that he was in on the crazy, but since then he's been much more neutral as the lead cop. Thoughts?

That's "Hessian."

I didn't get that feeling, but in the first two episodes he may have been feeling a little frustrated by the pure insanity of headless corpses and weird goings on so as to take a justifiably super paranoid attitude. If he was in on it he'd have been wringing his hands and chuckling something like 'the plan PROCEEDS!!!@!' to himself. We didn't get anything like that. That isn't to say they might 'get' to him and threaten his family so he plays along at some point, though.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

FYI, at NY Comic-Con the series creators confirmed this:

John Noble is the "Sin-Eater."

Also I think the stars were loopy from not getting any sleep as they got the typical swooning fanservice questions during a Q+A and in most cases did all right but were stumped by some other questions. Orlando Jones was right on top of things looking out for his fellow actors. Tom Mison called himself a strumping ponce or something similar. Katia Winter (the woman who portrays Katrina Crane) told everyone to watch out for her as she will be figuring a lot more in the next few episodes. They showed 8 minutes of an episode that will air not this week but the next.

Abbie takes Ichabod to a baseball game, Ichabod gets kidnapped, Katrina warns Abbie in a dreamtime sequence

e;f;b

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Astroman posted:

I like that the show is so popular so fast, but I hope the fandom doesn't reach annoying levels too quickly.

Judging from the standing room only panel at NYCC, very empirical evidence it already is. Especially with the stars themselves chiding the tumblr public.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Ichabod has mastered the coin-operated automated washing tubs that need neither slaves to scrub nor clotheslines to dry..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

ZGW teams up with Andrew Jackson and both singlehandedly kick the British out of the country and cut short the War of 1812!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Looks like Ichabod made it out of the branchy grave.. here's a video preview from next season that teaches us he hates credit cards and bank pens.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/video-sleepy-hollow-ichabod-hates-721180

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

What is so endearing to me is how he continues to clutch the pen in outrage until the very end.

He pretty much stops short of calling them valueless brigands, but hey. Can't alienate potential sponsors..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 4, 2014

• Locked thread