Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I don't really know what you guys are talking about, Daisy has always seemed about the sex from the beginning. Surprise, there's girls out there who just want to sleep around as much as men do. It didn't "ruin her character" any more than Schmidt's character is "ruined".

This is definitely shaping up to be Winston's season and I'm loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

1st AD posted:

I'm kind of mad that they ruined Daisy as a character, but Winston being weird is always the best plus Eva Amurri :swoon:
Mis-managed eyebrows my behind! :colbert:

Dads will be cancelled soon enough, and they can bring back Daisy. Maybe.*

*Probably not

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Winston may be my favorite comedy character on TV. Everything he does or says is gold.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

Deadpool posted:

Winston may be my favorite comedy character on TV. Everything he does or says is gold.

He's definitely my favourite character. I get flashes of him singing Defying Gravity & Popular in my head at least once a day.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Brenda Song is in Dads? Euuuugh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Midnight City posted:

I don't really know what you guys are talking about, Daisy has always seemed about the sex from the beginning. Surprise, there's girls out there who just want to sleep around as much as men do. It didn't "ruin her character" any more than Schmidt's character is "ruined".

It's possible to be open about wanting casual flings without misleading other people about your intentions and using them to look after your cat.

I had no idea Daisy had been taken by another (really bad) show, that sucks. I'm glad she's getting work but she was great on this.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Rarity posted:

It's possible to be open about wanting casual flings without misleading other people about your intentions and using them to look after your cat.

It's also possible to not declare a female character was "ruined" just because she was shown to do something wrong.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

hope and vaseline posted:

Brenda Song is in Dads? Euuuugh.

The pilot has her wearing a Sailor Moon outfit to tantalize a group of Asian investors. (Who I think are actually Chinese so the "joke" makes even less than no sense.)

Yeah.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

The pilot has her wearing a Sailor Moon outfit to tantalize a group of Asian investors. (Who I think are actually Chinese so the "joke" makes even less than no sense.)

Yeah.
In episode 2, they have her wearing this at the office, without any commentary as if it's perfectly normal:

It's real bad.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 25, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

^^^
The gently caress... :stare:

Rarity posted:

That was mostly a great episode - the subversion of classic farce with Schmidt getting away with it in particular - but I really really disliked the way they turned Daisy into a bitch just to propel Winston's arc, I thought it was unfair to a really cool character.

I think Brenda Song's got a full time role on some other show this season so that's probably why they dumped her character. At least they did better with her than they did with Olivia Munn, that note she left might as well have said "I died on the way back to my home planet." They seem to be kinda bad at writing exits for Sig Oth side characters.

edit: looking at IMDB that other show looks like it might be Dads, so maybe she'll be back pretty soon.
edit 2: And I see I am way behind.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 25, 2013

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Midnight City posted:

It's also possible to not declare a female character was "ruined" just because she was shown to do something wrong.

Unless that wrong thing is their actor joining the cast of Dads. Good lord. Although, I did think it was kind of abrupt. At least she's been replaced with a cute cat, so all is not lost.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm but moments away from starting my journey through the show that is New Girl. I've been prompted that if I don't immediately take to the first few episodes that its ok because for some viewers it takes a bit.

I'm a pretty open minded guy and just watched an entire season of Under the Dome so it occurs to me that this show should seem fine.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Conquistador posted:

I'm but moments away from starting my journey through the show that is New Girl. I've been prompted that if I don't immediately take to the first few episodes that its ok because for some viewers it takes a bit.

I'm a pretty open minded guy and just watched an entire season of Under the Dome so it occurs to me that this show should seem fine.

You'll be fine. Show's awesome, especially after those first few episodes. However there's still some really good moments in there that should help tide you over.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
New Girl is a funny show all the way through; it just gets that much better as they gradually shift from "Jess is weird/quirky and everyone else reacts!" to more of a full ensemble piece.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
2:40 in and I find this lady to be pretty charming :allears:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Josh Lyman posted:

In episode 2, they have her wearing this at the office, without any commentary as if it's perfectly normal:

It's real bad.

Yikes.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god, this is hilarious.

"....Like Gandalf through Middle Earth?"

"...except Smeagol"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I think the best line had to be Jess complaining about her bangs.

When this show started I thought it was just going to be a vanity project for Zooey, wherein she wouldn't let the show make fun of her looks or quirks, but I've been pleasantly surprised by this.

She's at the level Tina Fey was as Liz Lemon, but it's still fun.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

Conquistador posted:

2:40 in and I find this lady to be pretty charming :allears:

Yeah, it's pretty great throughout imo.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Did something weird happen with that coach guy, I feel like I missed something?

Haha it honestly feels like they just totally ditched him and brought in some other guy who is also black

E: hahah, Jess' scream/laugh when she walks in on that guy naked dancing

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Conquistador posted:

Did something weird happen with that coach guy, I feel like I missed something?

Haha it honestly feels like they just totally ditched him and brought in some other guy who is also black

Well yeah, that's pretty much exactly what happened. He was in the pilot but then it turned out that Happy Endings was getting a second season so Damon Wayans Jr. had other obligations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

raditts posted:

Well yeah, that's pretty much exactly what happened. He was in the pilot but then it turned out that Happy Endings was getting a second season.

Yeah, Happy Endings did really bad in its first season so Damon Wayans Jr went looking for other work and got the New Girl pilot. When Happy Endings got a shock renewal the New Girl team decided not to reshoot the pilot and to just make a replacement character in Winston. And now that Happy Endings is over, Coach is coming back for some episodes this year! :woop:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh god that sex scene with ironic/sarcastic girl :stonk:

E: ahahah backup feeling stick

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey, this is pretty awesome!

Potential spoilers, but not really since we all knew this a while ago.

http://i.imgur.com/dFEp8D3.jpg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

Why is this episode not airing RIGHT NOW? :argh:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Do we know what episode Coach is coming back? Really need more Damon Wayans Jr in my life since Happy Endings got cancelled :smith:

:allears:

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
I hope he brings his puppet. :allears:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This show is really good, liking everybody in it so far. The actress that plays Jess reminds me of a girl I was with, awkward moments and all, so thats kind of weird

E: I might actually have a chance with that girl, I just have to be cooler than that guy :laugh:

HAHA. Aaaand four thousand

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 25, 2013

uptown
May 16, 2009

Midnight City posted:

This is definitely shaping up to be Winston's season and I'm loving it.

I was literally cheated on by a guy who was doing the exact same thing as Schmidt, claimed that he "loved both of us" and "didn't know how to break up with her," so I'm really sensitive about what they're doing with his character. I can't really enjoy him being this much of a douchebag. I can't wait for him to get found out and be absofuckinglutely miserable. Schmidt's character really is ruined for me now, unfortunately.

I didn't think Daisy having a dude in the shower was such a bad thing, it was lovely that she cheated on him right after she agreed to be exclusive, though. Cheating is not cool.

You know what is cool though? Winston. He was responsible for a lot of my out-loud laughs over the last two episodes. I hope it stays the season of Win(ston).

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Why the black people gotta stand at the end? :colbert:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You're looking at it from too much of a colorful perspective and failing to notice that it's really just the males have cordoned off all the females

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Man this show came back on POINT. Last night's episode almost had me in tears. Especially the first telling of the schmidt cat-nipple story and Winston just being like, "No I'm pretty sure I'd remember that."

And "I GATCHA CAT!" seems like something Bee from Bee and Puppycat would yell, so of course that was super amusing.

And the musical choices. And Jess and Nick just getting in with the creepy principal.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Deadpool posted:

God even in a stupid cast photo, Zooey is absolutely adorable.

Snowman95
Nov 25, 2004
Hope you guys follow Lamorne Morris on vine, dude seems hilarious just in general

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The best part about last night's episode was definitely the split second flash to cowboy Schmidt and his nipple admirers when Jess started remembering his story.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Democratic Pirate posted:

The best part about last night's episode was definitely the split second flash to cowboy Schmidt and his nipple admirers when Jess started remembering his story.
Oh grow up, nothing came out.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SLOSifl posted:

Oh grow up, nothing came out.

Something definitely came out.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

uptown posted:

You know what is cool though? Winston. He was responsible for a lot of my out-loud laughs over the last two episodes. I hope it stays the season of Win(ston).
Winston doing random things has been the best thing for me this season. The Schmidt with two girls thing is really annoying to me.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

iPodschun posted:

Winston doing random things has been the best thing for me this season. The Schmidt with two girls thing is really annoying to me.

It really is, I hope they wrap it up in this next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I still hate the Nick and Jess relationship, i just think find them a bit boring now :/

• Locked thread