Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!

Sash! posted:

Nadia is a dangerous character because I want her to be in every single episode, but her almost random, sporadic appearances make her even funnier.
Ice skating for fun, not to save life...

Easily my most forceful/uncomfortable snarf of all-time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!

Midnight City posted:

I didn't actually start watching the show until after season two had finished and wasn't following the thread. What was the general opinion of Zooey Deschanel / Jess going into the first season?

I almost stopped watching after a few episodes because it seemed way too self promotey-ish how the first few episodes seemed completely about her, the intro, and seeing she was producing/writing. I'm glad I didn't since it's probably my favorite comedy on right now, but even now I find her the least interesting of the main four.

Googling it shows she's accused of some weird trope but I don't think I've ever seen anything she was in previously so I don't think it would've been a bias coming into it.
You weren't the only one. I actually stopped watching weekly for a few weeks but caught up when word was that it was getting pretty good. The first episodes were so drat singy and awkward and blah.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Yeah well that episode was on fire. Gut bustingly funny.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!

CapnAndy posted:

Is this show always this funny? Because this is pretty fuckin' funny so far.
Yeah its pretty drat good.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Finish your pancake.

• Locked thread