Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blantons and Basil Hayden, amiright? Finally got to try Pappy Van Winkle 20 the other day. Now I just need the 13 year Rye and the 23 and I'll have tried them all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

My biggest regret in life was not stealing a bottle of 23 when I had the chance.

That is a huge regret my friend. I would have taken it in a second. Wouldn't even consider selling it. Just have one or two glasses a month for what would have been one of the best years of my life.

And Bulliet is my go to Rye for Manhattans.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Xealot posted:

Pretty much. Give me a bottle of booze priced over $100 and it's like a dog staring at a supernova. Meanwhile, the difference between a lowest tier bourbon and something excellent like Bulleit is a mere $10-$15. You can definitely taste the difference there.

There is one exception: a friend was gifted some bottle of Jefferson's Presidential Select (a premium small batch of Jefferson's Reserve, that in this instance was aged 30 years and cost like $250 a bottle.) That poo poo was magical. Too bad I will never spend $250 on a bottle of bourbon, but that was just....gently caress.

My pedantic gripe: when Schmidt calls Cece's attempt to reach for vermouth "insanity." It's called a Manhattan. And it may not be an Old Fashioned, but it is not insane. :colbert:

You would still need bourbon or whiskey to make a Manhattan though. Just pouring a bunch of vermouth ontop of simple syrup and ice sounds loving terrible.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow. That episode was terrible. Just terrible. I got teased by my friends for liking this show and talked them into just watching it after the Super Bowl and now I'll probably never hear the end of it. Way to make me look like a fool New Girl. At least B99 made me look a little better.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

New Girl handles it pretty well at least. If it gets to a "Bones" level of idiocy then I will start to mind.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sash! posted:

I definitely don't like Prince, but I feel compelled to defend Prince. He transcends man and is an existence, a force of nature. Like a hurricane. But not violent like a hurricane. More sensual.

A CycLove? A Hearticane?

One more!
A Monswoon?

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 5, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't believe we are having talks about whether some one would be excited to meet Prince or not. It would be like meeting Bette Midler. Even if you're not a fan it would be pretty awesome to meet them...not to mention play ping pong with them!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tang in fishermans bisque sounds....well it sounds like a powdered drink in a seafood soup. That chick freaks me out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not to mention Winston said tang as if it was a singular ingredient and she confirmed it as such. It was a joke. She put something that doesn't go in soup in soup.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is it just me or has there been considerably less laughs this season? I'm starting not to care at all about what's going on with these characters.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, guess it's just me then. But a laugh track always helps. I don't like having to laugh all willy nilly. What if I miss something some one else says?! It's anarchy!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jscolon2.0 posted:

....this is a baseball card.

Best line of the night.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sooooo. That was a weird episode. I liked the call back to their first kiss but this time being a break up hug.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think everyone should actively be trying to forget the Prince episode. It was atrocious....except for Fire and Ice. Warm water was funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey, I love Prince. Just not in my New Girl. Sort of like oreos and hash browns. They are awesome on their own, but together it's just a starchy sweet mess.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't be hatin' just cause I lost my virginity before you!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

elwood posted:

That worked so well for him last time. :(

Happy Endings had 3 seasons right? Thtas not so bad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nwin posted:

Sorry as I haven't kept up on the thread for the last 2 episodes, but I'm running through them right now (the first one started where everyone was hungover and jess/nick broke up), and this poo poo is stupid as hell. Normally this show is really good, but it's been loving ridiculous and long-winded lately. Does the majority agree or are my wife and I just loving idiots?

No, you're not alone. Its horrible and boring and I feel is gonna start doing the Big Bang Theory thing where they continuously break up and get back together until no one cares at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What a lackluster ending to a lackluster season. Man, I hope next season is a return to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, you know what...that's actually not a bad idea.

• Locked thread