Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
One of my favorite moments was Schmidt trying to relate his feelings of why he did what he did to Cece. While I was never fat, I definitely understand that feeling of "I am nothing" to "Oh my god, girls!?" I frankly thinks it gives him a lot of humanity, and I hope his insecurity is better explored.

But I do love him being pissed with pie on his face. I almost wished that he licked his face before leaving.

"I THINK HORSES COME FROM SPACE" "ME TOO!" was also gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Poque posted:

I hope V-Rab stuff shows up randomly throughout the rest of the series.

I just wanna get a V-Rab hat.

Also, I just realized it's Velvet Rabbit as a reference to Velveteen Rabbit. Way to go, writers.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

How did they swing THAT!?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Prince called them. So it wasn't hard.

Sorry, didn't see that. Just glimpsed the article. That's funny as hell. Now I just wonder what else Prince likes.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Tupping Liberty posted:

I would love to see Nadja again, though.

Ice skating for fun, not to save life

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Sir Lemming posted:

Oh definitely, but I consider her a season 1 character! I was talking more about Nick's father, Jess's parents, and Jess's boyfriends-of-the-week. None were truly terrible, but I feel like the show is doing better without so many characters.

I think the introduction of the parents was important to show how Jess and Nick became the people they are. Plus it gave us sequences like young Wingston and Nick + the hookers.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Mexcillent posted:

No new episode tonight?

Prolly not due to State of the Union.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

You guys appear to forget the episode where Jess models for Cece and it's a several minute Ford ad basically.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Ravane posted:

"Let's burn all the books, except for The Da Vinci Code."

Posehn's lines are always so loving funny but that one had me cackling out loud.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Twee as gently caress posted:

Oh man I couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. It looks absolutely fantastic

Damon's delivery on "HOLY gently caress I'M A COP" have me pumped

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

They were a lot better at writing the schmidt love triangle than any of the nick and jess stuff imo

That's because Schmidt is the best character on the show. We need more Big Schmidt flashbacks next season.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Majorian posted:

Yep, well-put, both of you. It's extremely ironic that the show has managed to so noticeably outgrow its main character and original conceit, but that seems to be what's happened. Which I don't think is the fault of Jess as a character or Deschanel as an actress - I still really like both, even though the breakup episode was bullshit. But the other characters have simply increased so much in value in a relatively short period of time.

I think it's also suffering from the reality that it's in. I'm sorry but a lot of 20s-30s people are still asking "what do I do? OK. What do I do next?" I think that's to some extent to what they were trying to convey in the break-up, but they did it terribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

leidend posted:

The break up plot is awful but I still find myself laughing hard every episode, especially at Winston and Schmidt, but even Jess and Nick are still funny despite their arc.

Seems better than last season?

We didn't get any young Winston. It is not. And barely any fat Schmidt.

"Aren't you a virgin?"
"Only my penis, baby."

• Locked thread