Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
That was awesome. I'm going to miss London Andy. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
Enjoy the fact that your royal over lords are a frail old lady and a tiny baby.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Their explanation for him getting in to shape was fantastic

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

That was an amazing start to the season, somehow better than I thought it was going to be. I can't believe a place I'm in almost every day (Glasgow Central Station) had god drat Parks and Rec filming there, never thought I'd see that in a million years.

Ron Swanson loves Scotland and now I can die happy.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Annakie posted:

The Parks & Rec Tumblr posted the whole letter.

I completely forgot that April is now in charge of Animal Control.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I missed this show so much. Serafinowicz killed it but he always does. Also there's no way in hell that Jerry's horrifying baby miracle speech, and especially his milk drinking bit, took less than like 15 takes. There's no way anyone on set kept a straight face for that.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

fariz posted:

Their explanation for him getting in to shape was fantastic
Wait, what was this?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

VagueRant posted:

Wait, what was this?

He said he simply stopped drinking beer and lost 50 pounds, which, upon reflection, meant he was probably drinking too much beer

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

John Dough posted:

I completely forgot that April is now in charge of Animal Control.

I'm surprised she didn't actually sign it "Satan."

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

T. Finninho posted:

He said he simply stopped drinking beer and lost 50 pounds, which, upon reflection, meant he was probably drinking too much beer

In a month

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last night's ratings were really bad guys. Like really bad. That makes me sad.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Deadpool posted:

Last night's ratings were really bad guys. Like really bad. That makes me sad.

I didn't even know the date of it coming back until this thread told me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm content if this is the last season. Chris Pratt, Rashida Jones, and Aziz Ansari are starting to become too big for a low rated show. I think we got some drat good TV in the mean time.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm content if this is the last season. Chris Pratt, Rashida Jones, and Aziz Ansari are starting to become too big for a low rated show. I think we got some drat good TV in the mean time.

Yeah, I'm still loving the show but I'd be alright with this being the last season. I'd prefer it over seeing the show limp on without a big portion of the core cast.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I kinda feel like the show's wrapping up anyway. One by one, the characters are finding their real places in the world and settling in.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Better to end with a bang then to become Dexter.

Also that episode was hilarious, the whole Goofy Andy meets a goofy person thing just works perfectly every time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Wasn't it up against the season premiere of The Big Bang Theory, though? Like, as dumb as it is, it's still wildly popular and will murder anything else in ratings without even trying.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SpacePig posted:

Wasn't it up against the season premiere of The Big Bang Theory, though? Like, as dumb as it is, it's still wildly popular and will murder anything else in ratings without even trying.

What kind of horrible hosed up upside down hell world are we living in where this happens and not the other way around

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Omg. That was an incredibly strong episode from start to finish. So happy to have that back

Edit: unfortunately bbt will beat parks and rec everytime. It does a better job of dumbing down to the lowest common denominator. And is parks surrounded by anything currently?

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 28, 2013

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Macaluso posted:

What kind of horrible hosed up upside down hell world are we living in where this happens and not the other way around

For some reason, jokes that are essentially "Remember/Know about [thing]? [Thing] is giving me problems currently/is favorable to problems I am dealing with currently" are incredibly popular. See: Family Guy. Also, making fun of a culture/sub-culture one doesn't understand.

I don't get it either, but a friend of mine made a good point to me. I only find BBT dumb because I am familiar with the "jokes". I enjoy a show like Frasier because his and Niles' lifestyles a different from mine, and their odd (to me) behavior is humorous. When you think about it, Sheldon is just a lovely nerd Niles.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I'm surprised so many people loved this episode it seems. I adore the show but I thought it was one of the weaker ones in recent memory, and to be honest I thought there was a bit of a drop-off post-wedding last season.

Still pretty strong, just not at the same height that the show hit mid-to-late season 3 until the end of 4.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
There is no way that the start of this season could be any better. Just spot on perfect. It is just so sad that this show gets crap ratings that it does not deserve.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
It's crazy how popular Big bang theory is. The premiere of BBT was watched by literally over 6 times as many people as Parks and rec. In a perfect world it would be the other way around.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Everyone on this show got a lot sexier. Specifically Andy and April.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Wandle Cax posted:

It's crazy how popular Big bang theory is. The premiere of BBT was watched by literally over 6 times as many people as Parks and rec. In a perfect world it would be the other way around.

BBT has singlehandedly destroyed NBC's best Thursday night lineups for years. Idle bitching about TBBT was common in old Community threads too. Wouldn't surprise me if 30 Rock had the same problem.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

MokBa posted:

Everyone on this show got a lot sexier. Specifically Andy and April.

No joke. Andy got ripped as hell in a really short period of time Chris Pratt definitely took steroids and Aubrey Plaza is like a sex symbol all of a sudden

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

precision posted:

When the show actually ends, how are they going to top April reading that letter over a Swanson montage?!

I was tearing up during that entire sequence.

This was a fantastic episode and I am so happy to have Parks and Rec back. If the rest of season six can live up to last night I'll definitely be able to cope with the possibility of it being the last season.

Checking upcoming episode titles and descriptions it seems like Pawnee and Eagleton being forced to work together might be the season's longer plot arc? It appears to be a link between the next two episodes at least.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm just thankful that NBC's ratings are such a dumpster fire that P&R could have 6 seasons. This show would not have lasted as long on any other network. Reruns on cable channels get better ratings.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm just thankful that NBC's ratings are such a dumpster fire that P&R could have 6 seasons. This show would not have lasted as long on any other network. Reruns on cable channels get better ratings.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 28, 2013

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Butt-dialling the thread.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Loved the episode. I don't know why NBC is burying this (had to watch it on hulu) with the lack of promotion. I knew previous seasons were starting, but not this one.

Best joke was the tammy middle name throwaway :love: Swanson finally got a keeper.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

tbp posted:

No joke. Andy got ripped as hell in a really short period of time Chris Pratt definitely took steroids and Aubrey Plaza is like a sex symbol all of a sudden

You live in a confusing world in which Aubrey Plaza has not always been a stunning woman.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

"Look, a clock. We sure don't have that in America."

"You call that a tower? Try the Sears Tower, friend."

This has been one of my favorite episodes in a long time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I agree, I thought it was one of the funniest and strongest episodes in a while. Tom's storyline was a little weak even with it all having to do with Jean Ralphio's family, but I think that's because the rest of the stories were so good. Even the Ann and Chris stuff was hilarious.

I mean, that cold open was absolutely brilliant and then they capped it off with a brilliant end bit with Ron and the beer factory. And the sheep.

Also Nthing Aubrey Plaza being fine as hell

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 29, 2013

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Ron and the beer factory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well that certainly is a link to Japanese suicide? :confused:

edit: Oh okay. Sorry SCOTCH factory

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Delaio posted:

"You call that a tower? Try the Sears Tower, friend."

Ron correctly calling it by its name, and not this "Willis Tower" bullshit. :911:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

pksage posted:

Ron correctly calling it by its name, and not this "Willis Tower" bullshit. :911:

Thank you. Love that touch too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I had no idea it was even called the Willis Tower now :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I feel the ratings were in part due to the absolute lack of attempt to advertise this in any meaningful way, I love Parks and Rec and I didn't know this aired until I saw it on my Cable's built in streaming service.

• Locked thread