Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think the only thing I didn't like about this episode was the "leaving Pawnee wasn't so bad maybe we should travel more" bit at the end felt to me like the show saying "you know how after a few seasons sitcom characters seem to travel all the time? Well get ready!"

At least when Parks does it it's still hilarious so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Timett posted:

I think the only thing I didn't like about this episode was the "leaving Pawnee wasn't so bad maybe we should travel more" bit at the end felt to me like the show saying "you know how after a few seasons sitcom characters seem to travel all the time? Well get ready!"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "the Simpsons are going to London!"

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The earlier Simpsons in other country episodes were great. Don't worry, Parks and Recreation will get canceled long before it has a chance to get old and repetitive.

:smith:

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I liked the episode, but I felt that it could have been a half hour long. The Andy/British Andy scenes were great. But... I don't think that Henry Winkler even had one funny line? And the scene with Andy and April on the eye looked like it was cut in from a totally different show.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm not used to Henry Winkler acting so mean.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I had to keep pausing this episode because I was laughing so hard. Dr. Saperstein's dickishness and his unabiding love for his kids, whom he openly acknowledges as total idiots, are hysterical and that family is flawless. Loved Ann, Chris, and Tom all laughing at Tom being accused of taking Mona Lisa's virginity. Just incredible.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

One thong that threw me upon reflection was the idea that Chris and Ann didn't hear their doctor's name was "Doctor Saperstein" and immediately find a new doctor.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So hey, Season 5's gonna be on Netflix starting on Tuesday.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Astroman posted:

One thong that threw me upon reflection was the idea that Chris and Ann didn't hear their doctor's name was "Doctor Saperstein" and immediately find a new doctor.

Should have gotten Doctor Spaceman.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Last season was extremely up and down for me, but that was amazing. British Andy was amazing. I think Jean-Ralphio gets lets funny when he's around his sister all the time.

Also, I have no idea why they keep giving Rashida Jones that awful shade of lipstick.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

rapeface posted:

Last season was extremely up and down for me, but that was amazing. British Andy was amazing. I think Jean-Ralphio gets lets funny when he's around his sister all the time.

Also, I have no idea why they keep giving Rashida Jones that awful shade of lipstick.

They have to tone her down. She's too pretty for us mere mortals.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
Does Leslie know how ugly sunfish actually are? They look like God stopped making them halfway through.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Found this on Reddit. Well done internet

I just got into the show a few months ago and was all psyched to get caught up for the new season, so that really sucks about the ratings :(

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Astroman posted:

I'm glad someone else thought this. I'm tired of hearing how great Dr. Sapirstein is!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Swillkitsch posted:

Loved Ann, Chris, and Tom all laughing at Tom being accused of taking Mona Lisa's virginity. Just incredible.

I'm surprised this got so little attention in this thread. That was seriously the hardest I've laughed at a TV show in loving years.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

One of the Animal Control guys at the anti-Leslie protest screaming "Legalize weed!" got me too.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

From the P&R Facebook page.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The earlier Simpsons in other country episodes were great. Don't worry, Parks and Recreation will get canceled long before it has a chance to get old and repetitive.

Personally I'm looking forward to Ron laying waste to the entire continent of Australia in knifey spoony.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They do seem to be setting things up to be ending the show. I'd be perfectly fine with the show ending before it overstays its welcome like most shows and I can have a fond memory of the entire run. Some of the things they've done:

They set up the possibility for Leslie and Ben to go traveling, a good excuse to use for the show ending.
Chris and Ann are leaving in the middle of the season, and losing Chris as well as Leslie's best friend is a much bigger deal than losing someone like Brandanowitz. Losing such important characters like this is usually near the end of the show.
Tom finally has a successful business now. It's in trouble at the moment, but once he gets past this hump his whole arc of wanting to be successful will finally be achieved.
I feel like Andy's current story will lead to him finally finding what he's best at and him and April will be set.
Ron is happily married now and is having a kid.

And the show will end with everyone literally living happily ever after because this is the best happiest show ever made :3:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Can we start taking bets on what celebrity will make Tom's store a national brand?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hakkesshu posted:

This scene was so gross. It's really, really difficult for a tv show to gross me out, but this did it.

P&R is much better than any other sitcom right now, I don't understand the ratings. :(

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

leidend posted:

P&R is much better than any other sitcom right now, I don't understand the ratings. :(

NBC is a dumpster fire on roids.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It blows my mind that people flock to CBS and watch whatever poo poo show they air every day of the week over various quality shows on other networks. Is there some reason for this other than bad taste? I'm picturing something to do with the broadcast signal being easier to detect or something. I dunno I'm just grasping for some explanation because that whole network is just bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

My brother absolutely refuses to watch Parks and Rec no matter how much I keep insisting, but he loves Big Bang Theory so much that him and his girlfriend named their dog after the main guy. I do. not. under. stand.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Timett posted:

It blows my mind that people flock to CBS and watch whatever poo poo show they air every day of the week over various quality shows on other networks. Is there some reason for this other than bad taste? I'm picturing something to do with the broadcast signal being easier to detect or something. I dunno I'm just grasping for some explanation because that whole network is just bad.

Like Irish Joe said the popular sitcoms are shows you can just sit down and watch without knowing any backstory or caring about the characters.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Macaluso posted:

My brother absolutely refuses to watch Parks and Rec no matter how much I keep insisting, but he loves Big Bang Theory so much that him and his girlfriend named their dog after the main guy. I do. not. under. stand.

Your brother has no soul.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Macaluso posted:

Bazinga!

But for real, on a different point, I actually like how the show is building outs for all the characters to wrap up their stories so they don't have to do one of those finales like The Office. It seems kind of sloppy and lazy to fast-forward a few months then use exposition to wrap up all the characters.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Bazinga!

But for real, on a different point, I actually like how the show is building outs for all the characters to wrap up their stories so they don't have to do one of those finales like The Office. It seems kind of sloppy and lazy to fast-forward a few months then use exposition to wrap up all the characters.

I dunno, I kinda liked that finale. It's like OK, here's the world shattering finale--and he's what happens to those people 6 months later. Oh look, life does go on.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Jerry's little speech about how miraculous babies are had me in tears laughing, I love this show so much.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2F0InfaKOE

A cacophony of dicks

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

El Tortuga posted:

Can we start taking bets on what celebrity will make Tom's store a national brand?

Diddy

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Timett posted:

I was worried it would be a way to foreshadow the end of the series, but now I'm scared of the Simpsons thing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

LividLiquid posted:

I was worried it would be a way to foreshadow the end of the series, but now I'm scared of the Simpsons thing.

If the gang goes to Australia it would be awesome.

I could just picture Ron getting involved with an Aussie version of himself. It'd be awesome. The adventures they'd have. :allears:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Like Irish Joe said the popular sitcoms are shows you can just sit down and watch without knowing any backstory or caring about the characters.

George Costanza explained this a long time ago. He likes stuff you don't have to think about too much.

Hakkesshu posted:

This is very disturbing. I'm surprised it took this thread so long. I imagined there would be a gif immediately.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'll say it again: Perd Hapley is the best character on this show. I die everytime he talks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

the posted:

I'll say it again: Perd Hapley is the best character on this show. I die everytime he talks

I have an opinion and it is about Ped Hapley. My opinion is this: he is an incredible character.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hakkesshu posted:

I just got into the show a few months ago and was all psyched to get caught up for the new season, so that really sucks about the ratings :(

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah, I really dug the premier. I had absolutely zero clue this show was back and I consider myself a pretty big fan of the show too??

Didn't realize until I saw the thread here earlier. Jerry talking about the milkboobs and then drinking the milk out of the glass was so perfectly gross

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
It was gross and got a cringe induced chuckle out of me, but it seemed really out of character for him. Actually, quite a few of the characters felt off, but whatever. I kind of hope this is the final season. End it while it's still good (the premiere was fun, but not quite season 2 or 3 good, but it's early), and give everyone a good send off. They're already losing 2 major side characters, and while I won't really miss Anne a whole lot, I can't even imagine this show without Chris any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What he doesn't mention is judging by the expression on his face in that poster it looks like there's another dick coming in from behind.

• Locked thread