Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Looking really good! You inspired me to do something similar with some plastic skulls I bought and a bird light tower I have sitting around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone used Sanded Grout to make roads? I've been testing it out after watching a couple videos and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

My process is adding watered down PVA glue to my MDF road sections then sprinkling the sanded grout over top. I then wet that with wet water and move watered down PVA glue and sprinkled a little more on top. Once that was dry I then sealed the entire road sections with a coat of watered down mod podge to seal it, but I'm finding the sanded grout is still coming off a bit when I touch it. It doesn't come off at all when I bang it against the table, but it comes off easily when I touch it with my finger.

Any ideas? Is this normal?

Here are some photos of my process.

Update: I got it to stick. Ended up adding a heavy layer of watered down mod podge. Here's where I ended up after adding some basing.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 22, 2021

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Expect to see more photos of it once we start playing some Zona Alfa. Can't wait to see the whole table.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Zona Alfa stuff? It's 28mm.