Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copen
Feb 2, 2003
Yeah, best thread.

I'm craving ACME oyster house and Deanie's seafood.

But what I really want is a Ferdi special from Mothers.

I will have to come up with some real content for this thread soon.

P.S. Also I am out of crystal please send help. Last time I was there I could only bring a 2 oz bottle back on the plane.

copen fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copen
Feb 2, 2003
Nice looking jambalaya! I always add too much liquid to mine still. Shrimp and grits sounds awesome, never had it.

I should get some LHS. And a case of Chrystal's from the Internet.

I use Tabasco in cooking as a spicy vinegar mostly. For balance of flavor.

copen fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 21, 2014

copen
Feb 2, 2003

Breaky posted:

:unsmith: Thanks guys! It's such a good dish / easy to make and scale up or down for whatever occasion, I love it.

Edit: About adding too much liquid. I've done that a million times. I end up making sure the veggies have cooked off a good bit of the liquid but they don't have to be entirely dry and burning. Then I use a 1:1 ratio of liquid (beer/stock/water) to rice. Bringing that up to a low boil and then letting it cook in the oven instead of on the burner makes it much more consistent in my hands, but it took a long time to get it right reliably so don't fret.

Thanks. I will try these tips next time.

Jambalaya is awesome cause if you add way to much stock you just made a cajun/creole soup that is still pretty drat tasty.