Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Great opening post - cannot wait to get this season underway.

One thing I just remembered about Burt - whatever happened to his run for Congress and being part of the US Congress? Did that just fade away randomly and never talked about again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

CuwiKhons posted:

I fuckin' knew that Ryder/Marley/Jake triangle was suspect.

I really wanted the Catfish last season to be Jake. Unique was such a bad choice because it was easy and obvious.

That said, I'm excited for this terrible show to come back . Train wrecks are awesome!

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Yikes! That was fairly sad to read. I imagine we will all need some Kleenex after we watch the episode. Maybe we should cue up some funny /happy moments to have on hand to offset the amount of sadness we will see in the episode.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I was pleasantly surprised with the episode and loved all of it! The amount of songs and the way they wove into the plot made it feel like a "musical version" of the show, if that makes sense. I really liked how the singing made sense and it was used to progress the plot.

Blaine and Kurt are engaged :3:

Loved the way they did the call back to the staircase. And two kisses without interruption from Mercedes. Seems like the producers are going to put their attention on to Klaine now that Finn is gone.

Great way to start a season, especially with Kitty's scene in the choir room. I really like what they've done with her character.

A+ episode.

EDIT: I just realized that Finn will not be at Kurt's wedding. But maybe having Cooper Anderson return will make up for it? That's so sad - because you'd think that Kurt would want to tell his brother what happened, and it did seem weird that Finn wasn't at the proposal, especially with Mercedes, Santana and Rachel showing up (good thing the last two have jobs to pay for those airline tickets!)

courtney_beth fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 27, 2013

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Heather Morris had her baby: boy named Elijah :3:

More info can be read here: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-heather-morris-baby-boy-taylor-hubbell-picture-20130930,0,7750658.story

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Who was the most realistic person to be the catfisher?

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm curious how many people are going to watch next week's episode just because of what it is, not because they like Glee.

That said - I really could have done without another Prom having a disaster moment. Guess I'm just tired of that cliche and Tina not getting time to sing or gets slushied. Now they're just doing it to gently caress with her and us.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
If we can't complain about Glee while watching, what can we do? :ohdear:

When does Glee come back after tonight's episode -- November?

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
West Coast DVR screening just completed and wow -- that was really really nice and emotional. I made it okay until I got to the Hudson-Hummel clan and how real that was, well at least how real it could be for a TV show. I think it perfectly sums up how it feels for a parent to lose a child and the grief that comes with it.

Episode did have it flaws, but it really did feel like a Season 1 type of episode. Nice to see the old Rachel.

Only problem with the episode was Will stealing the jacket and letting everyone blame Puck. Just came across as creepy - I get the background and understanding why he did and it was very in character. Just removed me from the emotion of the scene because all I kept thinking was "wow, dude, don't steal a coat from a girl who is sleeping in the nurse's office and then lie about where it is."

Good job Glee. It's been awhile since we could say that. Also, having the newbies not say much was great because it was like a homecoming for the original cast.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm glad that Will broke down in private - Finn was his best man and best friend. It'd make sense that after everyone else cried he would too. And in a way the show started with Will seeking out Finn and it seemed like a good way to end it.

I'm getting sad thinking about it again :(

We need some happiness in this thread!

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

KilGrey posted:

I don't think there are enough kitten pictures on the internet to help me right now. :(

You could always try the SA Kitten Cam? A new batch of kittens are up and playing (:3:), though you could move the DVR back and forth to find them active. It's helping me a bit.

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/TheArtificialIntelligenceFosters

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
The episode was fairly flawless for me except for that jacket moment and the implications behind it.

If we had to find something to find a flaw with or complain about, I'm glad that it's only that small detail. But it's very true to Will's character to do it, so while i don't agree with the decision to have him do it, I get why he did.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
With next season being the last, I'd not be opposed to a Time Jump in the story and have them fast-forward to a year, two years, five years in the future, as most of the cast is already in their mid-twenties or beyond.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Senerio - I've been hit and miss recently with my MBA program. Can you repost the rules for submission and an email address so I can participate?

I'm sure a few of us missed the post and would love to participate.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

BrianWilly posted:

1) Favorite Network TV Comedy: Glee
2) Favorite Comedy TV Actor: Darren Criss,Chris Colfer
3) Favorite Comedy TV Actress: Lea Michele,Jane Lynch
4) Favorite On-Screen Chemistry: Kurt and Blaine
5) Favorite TV Bromance: Blaine and Sam
6) Favorite TV Gal Pals: Rachel and Santana

Wow -- two nods in the same categories. I wonder if they'll split votes and have someone else win.

It's amazing how much of a springboard Glee has been for Darren Criss. Just a few years ago he was known as the "guy who sang in the Harry Potter musical." That's quite an accomplishment to be nominated for the people's choice awards and host the teen choice awards.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
The New York plot was more interesting than the McKinley plot tonight. Love Adam Lambert as Starchild...

Jake's scooter returned tonight, which meant that it was foreshadowing of his poor choices and bad-boy attitude.

I like that Ryder is still "wtf" towards most of the Glee assignments. I appreciate him as the voice of the audience.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
At this point, it seems very in character that Will would be singing in that song and I would expect nothing less from his character. Marley singing her song makes sense too.

I want more Starchild. That entire performance was aces.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

BrianWilly posted:

God's balls, they're doing that loving Ylvis fox song in episode 7 and now I actually want to set something on fire.

Newsflash, The Universe: The minute you take that song out of original context it becomes completely unfunny :doom:

Clearly it'll be their song for Nationals right? Because it'll be like Gungnam Style, only with better costumes.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
This episode was lacking in Santana, Dani, and Starchild. I hope they were off on some great big fabulous adventure somewhere in the city....

The New York scenes, while I didn't like them at first, keep me watching and I don't care for the Marley/Jake relationship fallout.

Will is still terrible. Everyone tells him that blurred lines is not what he thinks it is, but he doesn't care. He wants to twerk with his students and stand outside bathrooms.

The Unique situation was handled... okay? I'm not a fan of Unique (don't like the actor - thanks Glee project) but that storyline was really well played.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I like that Rachel has this little secret about her tattoo and she'll always remember Finn in her own way. :3:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

xeria posted:

I, for one, cannot wait for the future storylines wherein Rachel must explain to every guy she sleeps with why she has another guy tattooed on her! I hope one such explanation is a stammered, "I just really like Huckleberry Finn, okay?!"

That was the other thing I was thinking off --it's going to be incredibly awkward to explain "Well, my ex-fiance died (in unexplained way) and this is how I remember him"... Rachel should just stay celibate at this point and embrace her one true love: theater.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I was sort of hoping that Blaine would ride out the NYU / Columbia / Anything But NYADA college avenue longer than three minutes. I liked that he wanted to do something else other than sing, but that was handwaved away immediately.

Also, Blaine's plaid jacket is terrible. But I love how the guy in the blue hoodie just gives no gently caress about two teenagers randomly singing on the bus.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

BrianWilly posted:

You posted the wrong gif. :colbert:

Guy in Unabomber Hoodie is my new favorite background character.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
A few video performances have leaked for the next episode.

Here is the link to watch THE FOX - http://naya-rivera.com/post/68313115398/fyeahgleeclub-the-fox

I... no. I cannot even think about a proper response to that. :gonk:

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/68310286120/into-the-groove and there's THE GROOVE with the NYC crew.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
They missed an opportunity to use the puppets for Avenue Q songs :(

What month are we in for school right now? I'm confused because THE FOX came out in July/August and they're doing a Christmas episode next week.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm all for a time jump at this point -- let the characters age about five years and we'll pick up the plotline in New York when they're in their early to mid twenties.

I think I'm with the rest of you though - ready to jump ship. "The Fox" took me over the edge. :(

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Don't let this last post be your gateway back into the show. Enjoy your freedom! (Just know that you are definitely missed!)

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I had doubts when I heard the premise, but the episode delivered. Only complaint was a lack of reference to Finn doing something elsewhere/offscreen.

Was really impressed with the whacky/silly/heartwarming stuff. This is the Glee I missed!

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Hot Santa was played by 36 yr old Bryce Johnson... You may remember him as Josh Ford on "Popular" :D

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I think it was the Santa hat. I kept looking at him thinking: "you look familiar, dude. Where do I know you from?" and then it clicked when he was making out with Kurt.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Sam running around in the girl version of the cheerleading dress was awesome.

I wish I had more to add, but I feel that would be endless paragraphs complaining on why Tina has been reduced to what she currently is.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I was hoping that I could be free as well, but sadly Darren Criss looks like he'll be sticking around until the end. And so will I.

Let us know how freedom is. Or hate watch with the rest of us :)

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
This is where the show should have gone a year and a half ago.... it is better with the smaller, core group of the cast.

I really like the friendship of Starchild and Kurt. Giving him an older mentor and friend that isn't part of Glee is refreshing.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I would not be surprised if Funny Girl flops and Rachel is left to deal with her mistakes.

That said -- there was no need to have a Very Special Episode with Kurt getting bashed. This episode had some weird juxtapositions. I was really put off by the bashing (done so many times in other shows that it almost seems cliche at this point) and then there was the will they or won't they will Sam and Mercedes.

Maybe next week's episode will be better? Last week's episode was really good! I like that we're now sometime in January/Feb of 2014! YAY time jump.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Everything was VERY HAPPY in this episode. Rachel was a smashing success! Everyone loves Mr Schue! There was a baby born! Sue found love! Santana and Tina returned to cheer on their friend!

But the best surprise -- KAROFFSKY RETURNED, beret and jacket. I was really happy to see that they brought back some of our old favorites for Rachel's BIG SCARY NIGHTMARE™.

Overall? Yawn of an episode.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

BrianWilly posted:

I will say that it was a great episode for background moments, especially in the loft and in the gay bar.

I did quite enjoy the background faces in the scene where Rachel yells at Sue. Blaine comes out of the bathroom and is like "wtf, what is going on?" trying to piece the scene together.

I'm trying to figure out where they're going to go from here because this episode was Rachel making all of her dreams come true and could have worked as another season/series finale, like when the original group graduated.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Sam has really grown on me during this season and I'm happy they brought him back to utilize him properly. Everything he did tonight was super cute.

That said, the direction of Blaine's character has been terrible. I don't even care really if they're going to break up Klaine again and have it be Blaine's fault because apparently it's always his fault *sigh*.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Good. I'd rather have 1, 5, or 13 well-produced episodes (by Glee standards) than suffer through 22 episodes in varying degrees of filler and decent episodes just to make the cut.

I'm also okay with them canceling after tonight. Really! It's cool guys!

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm not sure where they can even go with this. So we're moving to Los Angeles with Rachel being a BIG TIME tv star and not having any consequences of her decisions. Kurt and Blaine are probably going to get married.

What about Sam? His arc this season was the most interesting that I hope he comes back :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I will say that I did like at the end of the episode... Blaine moves back in with Kurt and Blaine got his desk area. :3:

Grant Gusten's new show ("THE FLASH") looks really good. Glad to see that he got off Glee and is off to something bigger and better!

• Locked thread