Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

cyclical posted:

What was up with the digs at bisexuality, though? "I had a girlfriend, but she was bi." And that's bad? "I now have a girlfriend who won't stray for penis." Oh yes, because that's what bi people, bi women do. The moment they see a dick, they'll just dump you. Wonderful, Glee, just wonderful, especially since that didn't even loving happen, Brittany didn't cheat on Santana at all, let alone with a guy. Otherwise I thought Dani and Santana were pretty cute together and "Here Comes the Sun" was beautiful.

It's kind of funny how Glee gets a fair amount of acclaim for being progressive when, for every prominent gay character or well-done coming out plot, it has some crazily backwards poo poo like this in it, often spouted by the gay characters themselves. The same goes for its treatment of race. It might actually be amongst the most casually racist/sexist/homophobic shows currently on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

ufarn posted:

Quinn is actually a Maiar sent to deliver us all from Ryan Murphy's writing. She's a Christ figure who suffers all the lovely plots unto herself, so others won't endure them.

Well, in that case, she's not very good at it!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Glee is actually a sci-fi series where the aeroplane is far more advanced and flight upon it cheaper than any we know in our world. This has been my working hypothesis for a long time.

• Locked thread